• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • So, I realized that you can use the Wii Shopping Channel on the Wii U. But what kind of controller would I need to play the games? Like SNES games that normally require a GameCube controller? I used that when I played them on my Wii, but I can't use that for the Wii U, so I'm not sure what would be compatible. please help i wanna play chrono trigger on the big screen
    Everything not N64: Classic Controller Pro. Just an ultra comfy SNES controller pretty much

N64: this bad boy I got for Christmas yesterday. Classic Controller Pro in the shape of a GCN controller
    Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Everything not N64: Classic Controller Pro. Just an ultra comfy SNES controller pretty much

N64: this bad boy I got for Christmas yesterday. Classic Controller Pro in the shape of a GCN controller

Thankfully, I own most of what the N64 VC offers and if I don't own it, I'd rather have a physical copy. I only plan to use VC for games that are mega expensive that I may not own til way later or never at all, like Secret of Mana and the Phantasy Star series.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I think that was the point of the statement. It just shows how confusing it is to the average consumer.
    I've said it before for the 3DS line, New Nintendo 3DS isn't as confusing as it would phase out the old models, before becoming the standard. As for 2DS, I agree, a 2D 3DS is basically the DS in the public eye, such a baffling decision. Jury is still deciding on the Wii U, I think it works. Maybe. If it didn't have that awful Wii U is a tablet E3 showing.

Sir Codin

I've said it before for the 3DS line, New Nintendo 3DS isn't as confusing as it would phase out the old models, before becoming the standard. As for 2DS, I agree, a 2D 3DS is basically the DS in the public eye, such a baffling decision. Jury is still deciding on the Wii U, I think it works. Maybe. If it didn't have that awful Wii U is a tablet E3 showing.
    The Wii U tablet isn't that bad, actually. The only downsides I have about it is the battery life and that the Wii U can only support two at a time.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Tetsuya Watanaba (Game Freak)
    Known for: Pokemon series
    "We're doing a lot of different things with respect to our next project, so right now we're focusing on getting ready to announce it. We sincerely hope from the bottom of our hearts that it'll be worth checking out once we get to that point."

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2014/12/japanes...kingdom-hearts-iii-pokken#4Qth3blrr4k8KBaJ.99

I dunno if I should post this in Pokemon Gaming General or here, but cue feigned surprise, GF is working on announcing a new project. This close to ORAS it has to either be:
    A New HarmoKnight style thing
    or
    ORAS DLC

Would be batshit insane to announce a new game 2 months or so later, XY-ORAS reveal was at least 7 months.

The Wii U tablet isn't that bad, actually.
    Oh I have no qualms with the gamepad, DS style menu managing and UIless gameplay for the big screen is the best thing in the world, I'm just saying the reveal was a mess.

Sir Codin

Everything not N64: Classic Controller Pro. Just an ultra comfy SNES controller pretty much

*sigh* I seriously need to get me one of those. So beautiful.

Resogun
    Watch_Dogs
    TLoS Remastered
    Infamous Second Son
    The Crew
    Alien: Isolation
    Killzone: Shadow Fall
    Little Big Planet 3

And obvious ones, Akiba's Trip, Blazblue and Transistor
    Tried Watch_Dogs already, I thought it was total shit, the driving controls pissed me off.

Everything else on that list looks good, though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The Wii U tablet isn't that bad, actually.
    I think he's referring to the system's announcement.

At the conference, Nintendo announced the Wii U. Problem was, all they did was show the tablet. They explained what the tablet did, and they balled it the "Wii U gamepad", but they never showed the system or gave any hints that it was indeed the controller for a system. It left everyone confused, not knowing whether they'd announced a new system or not. A lot of people went away from the announcement thinking that Nintendo was releasing a tablet for the Wii called the Wii U.

It was really a combination of the lack of presenting a system and the name scheme that everyone.

EDIT: Wow was I late :P

Sir Codin

I think he's referring to the system's announcement.

At the conference, Nintendo announced the Wii U. Problem was, all they did was show the tablet. They explained what the tablet did, and they balled it the "Wii U gamepad", but they never showed the system or gave any hints that it was indeed the controller for a system. It left everyone confused, not knowing whether they'd announced a new system or not. A lot of people went away from the announcement thinking that Nintendo was releasing a tablet for the Wii called the Wii U.

It was really a combination of the lack of presenting a system and the name scheme that everyone.

EDIT: Wow was I late :P
    Weird, the moment they unveiled it, I knew right away it was for a new system.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    A lot of us did, but I'd be damned if the conflicting reports from the major outlets didn't hamper the public outlook of things. Hell, the XBOne is still getting flack for being a DRM soul eating monster from the public, I'd only assume the Wii U Gamepad is still being outed as a Wii Accessory.

Anecdotally, every major game system has a sign saying that their games don't work on the previous systems. PS4 don't work on PS3, Xbone for the 360 and Wii U for the Wii. But the Wii U does have a plus for Wii backward compatibility, so it got that going for it I guess.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Weird, the moment they unveiled it, I knew right away it was for a new system.
    It was a little confusing. They never showed the console itself. They showed the tablet.

And Ubisoft's conveniently named "uDraw Tablet" for the Wii was recently released around then too. So the announcement kind of came off as an official version of that.

Years
  • 3ds firmware update and my flash cart

Not sure where to post this or if it's gonna get my the ban-hammer, but I gotta ask. I bought Alpha Sapphire today and on starting it up for the first time, it updated the 3ds firmware. I use a flash cart to play gbc romhacks, but now I'm terrified of bricking my console. Even if i get the newest kernel, I'm so scared to test it and see if it works. What can I do? I honestly just want to play the awesome hacks without putting on my pc for hours.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • GUYS, SONIC 06 14 BOOM: RISE OF LYRIC IS ONLY $30 AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HELP MYSELF!

I was given a $25 Amazon gift card and the decision was between Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, and Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright, all of which are currently $30, but...Sonic Boom. I mean, this may seem like a joke, what with that game being terrible and all, but it's like...after playing through Sonic 06, I felt empty. I mean, I feel like that after I finish a lot of shows, movies, games, etc. that I'm really engaged. It's somewhat sad but mostly fulfilling, and it creates this desire for more even if I feel the experience was fine on its own. That's what it was like beating Sonic 06, minus the fulfillment.

But when I saw Boom, it felt like that desire was amplified. Like I NEEDED to play that game, and though every mention of the game by me is a joke, it's generally a half-joke. Because to find out that there's a new bad Sonic game, one that's miraculously worse than the disasterpiece that was Sonic 06, it riled something in me. I dunno. Maybe it's because I enjoy bad games since they're often blaring examples of bad game design and objects of time constraints ripe for analysis. That and they can often be laughably enjoyable.

But I really do want the other games. I'm not really sure what to go with :/

Years
  • I didn't play Sonic '06, but that looked like it had parts that were interestingly stupid at least (like being able to walk super slow on loops, the "IT'S NO USE" meme, etcetera). And i've heard very little good about Sonic Boom for Wii U, either, so I don't think i'd want to go in for it even if I had one.

But of those, I think you would likely be better off with Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, I never played that series but it looks like one you might get more enjoyment out of.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I actually really want to play Sonic Boom also, lol! There's something about playing a broken game that's just hilarious.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Flashcart usage doesn't brick 3DS'. Messing up an update can, though; but that goes without saying.
    Actually, through the eShop Nintendo does have a remote switch on their side if they detect illegal software usage on the 3DS to brick it, and from what I know you do get banned from the eShop if you use flashcarts, or at least they used to. Oh and most updates of the 3DS kill the usage of most flashcarts, until the maker update it for the new firmware. So you likely will need to not update your 3DS to play the flashcart, which in turn would make it impossible for online play.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back