• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

If only we had more developers like them... the gaming world would have been a slight better place. Big respect towards them.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • If they actually did that I would lose my shit. Although it's not technically out of the question considering how bad Nintendo is with naming their consoles.

Nah, it'd never happen. Nintendo doesn't do numerically sequeled consoles. It'd have to be something like, Wii U TU or Wii U Advance.

Or, by the teachings of the great Sakurai, Wii U for Your Living Room.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Nah, it'd never happen. Nintendo doesn't do numerically sequeled consoles. It'd have to be something like, Wii U TU or Wii U Advance.

Or, by the teachings of the great Sakurai, Wii U for Your Living Room.

I mean for arguments sake you could bend it to say that the 3DS to 2DS was a numerical sequel, but that would be weak at best considering it's more based on a dimension standpoint. Still, if they are willing to go from 3DS to New 3DS, I feel that you can't rule anything out with them.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What I don't get is why Nintendo thought that going from Wii to WiiU and 3DS to 2DS to "New" 3DS was a good idea.....

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • True enough. Nintendo and their ways are nothing if not unpredictable.

What I don't get is why Nintendo thought that going from Wii to WiiU and 3DS to 2DS to "New" 3DS was a good idea.....
    No one did. Those in out of the know wouldn't really understand which is a new console and which is just a new version of an existing one.

Though maybe they thought the confusion would be good for sales or something.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The only platform where the naming convention is consistent and consumer friendly is the PlayStation lineup.

PlayStation > PlayStation 2 > PlayStation 3 > PlayStation 4

Pretty straightforward.

There was confusion going from the Nintendo to the Super Nintendo. What's a Nintendo 64? What the hell is a GameCube? Wii? Wii U?

And then Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbox One, I don't understand that either.

But yeah, to the New 3DS. If that ends up being like the Game Boy Color, not much more powerful but ultimately makes the older version obsolete until a true successor GBA equivalent

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth and Fairy Fencer F coming to PC. I'm glad that Japanese publishers are starting to take notice of the PC market- in the West at least. These last two years have been fantastic for the East bridging the proverbial gap, which allows the PC crowd to become more diverse as a result (and builds the potential for a larger, more diverse PC market in the East, which is greatly needed).

I mean, I never thought I'd see the day when I could natively play a Dragon Ball Z game on my computer. But there it is, Xenoverse on the PC. As well as a number of major Fighting franchises (Dead or Alive, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Street Fighter, among others), it's just nice to see both Eastern and Western games on the PC, apart from just doujin and visual novels (and the latter does get a lot of credit, because if not for them and their recent boon, this wouldn't be happening).

On a slightly related note, this'll be the first time a Dynasty Warriors Empires game is coming to PC. 2015'll be a fun year.

Sir Codin

There was confusion going from the Nintendo to the Super Nintendo. What's a Nintendo 64? What the hell is a GameCube? Wii? Wii U?
    Where's the confusion? A Super Nintendo is just what it says; a Nintendo...but SUPER. Nintendo 64? A bit harder to figure out if you're an idiot (64? Where was 1 through 63?), but once you realize it stands for 64-bit, you'll feel smarter. Or stupid. Or both.

Gamecube? Obvious, it's a game system shaped like a cube.

Wii? That's easy, it's because the controller looks like a dildo, which is of course modeled after a penis.

Wii U? Okay, fuck me, I don't what to say about that.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth and Fairy Fencer F coming to PC. I'm glad that Japanese publishers are starting to take notice of the PC market- in the West at least. These last two years have been fantastic for the East bridging the proverbial gap, which allows the PC crowd to become more diverse as a result (and builds the potential for a larger, more diverse PC market in the East, which is greatly needed).
    I just hope you PC guys will support Nepbudget :P
    I don't want to see this as a wrong step in Nepfuture.

Sir Codin

You know, maybe I just haven't been looking for the right games, but the Wii U is entertaining me more than the PS4.

I'm falling on hard times financially right now and given the chance, I'm more likely to sell my PS4 than my Wii U.

I have like, 4-5 games for the Wii U right now, not counting VC games. How many games do I have for PS4? ONE. Just GTA V.

If anybody's got some PS4 recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em (don't say Far Cry 4, I'm already getting that one)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You know, maybe I just haven't been looking for the right games, but the Wii U is entertaining me more than the PS4.

I'm falling on hard times financially right now and given the chance, I'm more likely to sell my PS4 than my Wii U.

I have like, 4-5 games for the Wii U right now, not counting VC games. How many games do I have for PS4? ONE. Just GTA V.

If anybody's got some PS4 recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em (don't say Far Cry 4, I'm already getting that one)
    I wouldn't recommend selling it, exactly, but I think you should wait.

I've said time and again (though I don't know if I've said it here) that I wouldn't recommend any of the current-gen systems as they are. As time passes, the Wii U definitely seems like the one I would recommend (and I do own one myself, it's quite fun). For multi-plat games, I say go PC for now (well, to people that don't have an Xbone or PS4).

And I'm not saying convert to PC or even use it a good deal, but as a temporary basis for gaming until the other consoles can build up their libraries to a reasonable level, I think it's a viable easy-access console for most people. Coupled with the Wii U, you're pretty much set.

As for recommendations...Shadow of Mordor for a low-ish price? I mean, the more I look at the library, I find it hard to recommend games that are neither niche nor indie games that you could easily get cheaper elsewhere.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • What I don't get is why Nintendo thought that going from Wii to WiiU and 3DS to 2DS to "New" 3DS was a good idea.....
    Not really comparable since Wii to WiiU are 2 seperate consoles, whereas the 3DS, 2DS, and New 3DS are all the same console but with different hardware.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think that was the point of the statement. It just shows how confusing it is to the average consumer.
    Oh I see what you were saying now! Yeah, I think that overall they probably shouldn't have used the name 3DS really. I think that was where their big problem was. That started it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • So, I realized that you can use the Wii Shopping Channel on the Wii U. But what kind of controller would I need to play the games? Like SNES games that normally require a GameCube controller? I used that when I played them on my Wii, but I can't use that for the Wii U, so I'm not sure what would be compatible. please help i wanna play chrono trigger on the big screen

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • So, I realized that you can use the Wii Shopping Channel on the Wii U. But what kind of controller would I need to play the games? Like SNES games that normally require a GameCube controller? I used that when I played them on my Wii, but I can't use that for the Wii U, so I'm not sure what would be compatible. please help i wanna play chrono trigger on the big screen
    The Wii Classic Controller would work. That's what I used the majority of the time back when I used my Wii for VC.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Wii Classic Controller would work. That's what I used the majority of the time back when I used my Wii for VC.

Okay, great! That's what I figured. Too bad there weren't any at my GameStop when I went in tonight, haha. See, I had a GCN controller to use during the Wii days, so I never had a need to get the classic controller. Guess now I do...and for the Wii U, not even the Wii lmao. Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back