• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pokemon End?

What do you think? Also give the Reason.

• It'll be better End in 5th gen.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • 5th gen isn't the End. There'll be more.

Votes: 91 70.5%
  • We'll see what happen.

Votes: 28 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It won't end as we have the games and supplies already if GF stops then the fans will continue it...

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't think it will all be over soon. They predicted that it would all be over soon in 1999. But it's still going strong now, 11 years later. So. I think Pokemon may end AS WE KNOW IT, but not really end.

Yeah, Its end from Nintendo. But not End to all of us. To me, Pokemon is the only one that has a great Monster design in it. And its really amaze me, Pokemon is the only Monster game/Anime that goes so far. Ow, Sorry! As well as Digimon. But I think Pokemon is more Popular.

Yes that makes sence but i hope they add both teams on each game and make rayquaza catchable.

Of course. Rayquaza better be catch able on the remake. But oddly I have a feeling that Rayquaza will have a similar way to catch like HGSS.

Yeah i don't see it ending after the 5th gen, it will keep going on for a long time.

Of course! It is and it has to. Maybe 7th gen would be better. Maybe more?

Le Creep![FONT=Verdana said:
    ;5939033] [/FONT]Dear God I hope not. I love Pokémon, I have for at least 4 years now; I have also managed to find all the games (except Green obviously, I live in Osutoraria, see) and I LOVED them!

So, I don't think it will. Game Freak are making a heap of money off of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and if the fifth Generation are completely and utterly EPIC, they will most probably be kajillionares.

5th gen is having the biggest region than the previous gen. What I mean is, The bigger region there is, the biggest Adventure we got too.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Everything ends eventually. Even the world will end at some point, so if Pokemon isn't dead by then it sure as hell will be.

...and now I'm picturing Pikachu and a cockroach as the last remaining lifeforms on Earth, living on twinkies. This is a great start to my morning.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Everything ends eventually. Even the world will end at some point, so if Pokemon isn't dead by then it sure as hell will be.

...and now I'm picturing Pikachu and a cockroach as the last remaining lifeforms on Earth, living on twinkies. This is a great start to my morning.

I know what you mean, And you're right. But what most people said,"Even if Pokemon end, It'll last forever in Pokemon-Fans heart". Not actually like that they're saying but that's the point. Even if Pokemon end, I bet everyone will still play it and even love it. What I'm asking is only what people here on PC think about 5th gen. Like, Is Pokemon will end in 5th gen? Yeah and other would says,"No! I think Pokemon should have more". That's all.

Stellar

Years
    I know what you mean, And you're right. But what most people said,"Even if Pokemon end, It'll last forever in Pokemon-Fans heart". Not actually like that they're saying but that's the point. Even if Pokemon end, I bet everyone will still play it and even love it. What I'm asking is only what people here on PC think about 5th gen. Like, Is Pokemon will end in 5th gen? Yeah and other would says,"No! I think Pokemon should have more". That's all.
    Oooh, I see. TBH the names "Black and White" sound really final and would be an awesome way to end the series, but... deep down I'm really hoping it doesn't end. Kind of like when you follow a really long series that you just want to end, even though you seriously hope it doesn't. But you're right, I'm one of those people who'll be keeping Pokemon in their hearts even years after the series ends. Can't forget your childhood, right? Or in my case (and in many others') my young adulthood.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Oooh, I see. TBH the names "Black and White" sound really final and would be an awesome way to end the series, but... deep down I'm really hoping it doesn't end. Kind of like when you follow a really long series that you just want to end, even though you seriously hope it doesn't. But you're right, I'm one of those people who'll be keeping Pokemon in their hearts even years after the series ends. Can't forget your childhood, right? Or in my case (and in many others') my young adulthood.

Okay, I agree. BW is the greatest generation to open up an Ending for main Pokemon game. Lets just hope 3rd gen comes to remake. You know, For like the last game. But I hope there will be more. Even if not, Its okay. But I guess I will kinda sad, depress and maybe even cry for a moment. Remembering a moment back when we're still playing RGBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, and HGSS is a really beautiful moment. I hope most people won't stop being a member of PC or other Pokemon Forum. Its just sad like it has to end that way. Still, I hope for more Gen and I won't forget about Pokemon to the end of my life.

Stellar

Years
    Okay, I agree. BW is the greatest generation to open up an Ending for main Pokemon game. Lets just hope 3rd gen comes to remake. You know, For like the last game. But I hope there will be more. Even if not, Its okay. But I guess I will kinda sad, depress and maybe even cry for a moment. Remembering a moment back when we're still playing RGBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, and HGSS is a really beautiful moment. I hope most people won't stop being a member of PC or other Pokemon Forum. Its just sad like it has to end that way. Still, I hope for more Gen and I won't forget about Pokemon to the end of my life.
    I agree, Hoenn doesn't get enough love. I'm not crazy about the 3rd gen games but they were pretty good, and they'd make awesome games for the DS/3DS. Let's just think about B/W as the beginning of the end. Trust me, you won't be the only one crying - that's 12+ years of my life coming to a close. ):

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I agree, Hoenn doesn't get enough love. I'm not crazy about the 3rd gen games but they were pretty good, and they'd make awesome games for the DS/3DS. Let's just think about B/W as the beginning of the end. Trust me, you won't be the only one crying - that's 12+ years of my life coming to a close. ):

Okay, You're right. 3rd gen is the only Pokemon gen that many fans don't like. I don't know much either. But I like it. I bet many fans of 3rd gen (such as me) Would buy 3rd gen again if they comes to remake. Even those who don't like it.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    hmm my predictions are 45% correct, if Nintendo and GF stop making Pokemon it'll be raided by fans and run by Fans.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    hmm my predictions are 45% correct, if Nintendo and GF stop making Pokemon it'll be raided by fans and run by Fans.

Well if Pokemon runs by Fans, I bet more complains will come to Pokemon. Only professional Fans can do a big duty such as run Pokemon like the one you says. What I mean is, Even Ken Sugimori and his other team works has many complains from fans. Now, Imagine a pro like Ken switch by a Fans to run Pokemon. But what about Satoshi Tajiri? Well, I think he'll return in a while to run Pokemon and make sure everything is under control. Trust me, GF is smart and diligent. I bet they only hire a professional person to run Pokemon.

Years
    Well, I actually hope it ends, really. All good things have to, don't they? Maybe give it two or three more Generations... and that'd be it, for me. If it stretches out too much longer, it'll just sorta deteriorate (sp?), and I think they should end it before the going gets desperate. Black and White do look good IMHO, but by the looks of some of the new Pokémon, I personally think they're running out of ideas. And triple battles? Seems to me like they're scraping the bottom of the creativity barrel.

Tl;dr, I hope Pokémon ends within the next five or six years.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    I always thought that Pokemon would have 7 regions, like we have 7 continents.

That's what I thought too

What I want is that this is the last "journey" and that after that Ash grows up to like 19 years old and become a gym leader or elite, and then they could make more seasons with Ashs kids.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    hmm...I think since they're relaunching the anime, they can definitely use that to change it (give it more of a plot, make more epic, etc...). Also, I can't see pokemon ending anytime soon. I think that they should stop making new pokemon for a while and mainly focus on improving the games (like maybe remake the old games for the wii, and in 3D). Also do spin-offs (we definitely need more Mystery Dungeon...honestly, though, those had the best stories, and were awesome). More anime cutscenes, and more plot focused than Gym focused...more focus on Wifi...maybe release new pokemon at a slower rate...I dunno, it can't end, but a lot of the new pokemon need better designing...

But with its huge fan base it should last a long time...

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Well, I actually hope it ends, really. All good things have to, don't they? Maybe give it two or three more Generations... and that'd be it, for me. If it stretches out too much longer, it'll just sorta deteriorate (sp?), and I think they should end it before the going gets desperate. Black and White do look good IMHO, but by the looks of some of the new Pokémon, I personally think they're running out of ideas. And triple battles? Seems to me like they're scraping the bottom of the creativity barrel.

Tl;dr, I hope Pokémon ends within the next five or six years.

Six or Five years? Its not a bad thought. But I think you're right about they're running out of Ideas. That proof it the way they use Munna as the New Pokemon who actually reference from 1st gen. I mean, This is really getting strange to me. Ever since Satoshi Tajiri around, Everything is totally under control, Even they've never get many complains like now. Then I hope for more Gen, For Satoshi Tajiri to come back.

That's what I thought too

What I want is that this is the last "journey" and that after that Ash grows up to like 19 years old and become a gym leader or elite, and then they could make more seasons with Ashs kids.

I think Ash won't be replace by any Character. I mean, Ash is Satoshi. Which means, Ash is actually based on a real character (The Creator). That's why the reason Ash always be the star on Anime.

hmm...I think since they're relaunching the anime, they can definitely use that to change it (give it more of a plot, make more epic, etc...). Also, I can't see pokemon ending anytime soon. I think that they should stop making new pokemon for a while and mainly focus on improving the games (like maybe remake the old games for the wii, and in 3D). Also do spin-offs (we definitely need more Mystery Dungeon...honestly, though, those had the best stories, and were awesome). More anime cutscenes, and more plot focused than Gym focused...more focus on Wifi...maybe release new pokemon at a slower rate...I dunno, it can't end, but a lot of the new pokemon need better designing...

But with its huge fan base it should last a long time...

Now that's what I'm thinking so far too. When they wanted to Stop making Pokemon for a while, They should remaking the previous game for Wii or NDS. Either Spin-Off or Main Game, I don't care. At least that's the best way to keep the previous game alive and new as always. Guess you're right, They need to do a better designing Pokemon. But I think I like it too so far.

AceTrainerChris

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I hope that black and white are the last ones because there was no need to keep adding pokemon after about 300 I thought 493 would be as far as they would go, so instead of adding more and edventually ruining the games they should end the series on a good note instead of people getting sick of it.

Nintendo is going to sell Pokemon to Sony and Sony will make Pokemon Globe in the future. With 312314234 species of pokemon.

I hope Nintendo never sells pokemon to any other company especially not sony, but I don't see why they would as they make so much money of it.

Last edited:

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I hope that black and white are the last ones because there was no need to keep adding pokemon after about 300 I thought 493 would be as far as they would go, so instead of adding more and edventually ruining the games they should end the series on a good note instead of people getting sick of it.

I hope Nintendo never sells pokemon to any other company especially not sony, but I don't see why they would as they make so much money of it.

Okay, I get what you mean buddy. What I think is Pokemon should add more New Gen or more remaking and a better Spin-Off games. So I think Pokemon won't end that quickly. I guess~

Years
    There's a huge fanbase for the Pokémon franchise. The only way it'll end if there is no way to make more games,no more ideas or if the franchise has stopped making money from their Pokémon products.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    There's a huge fanbase for the Pokémon franchise. The only way it'll end if there is no way to make more games,no more ideas or if the franchise has stopped making money from their Pokémon products.

Yeah. I think they're started to run out of Ideas. That looks on the way they put Munna to 5th gen which its actually an early design since 1st Gen.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I don't see it as ending anytime soon. Not only is it a cashcow franchise that has successful spinoffs, all of which more or less depend on the main series staying strong and keeping the brand relevant, but the games themselves could be improved far beyond mere monster design. When a game is not only successful but has room to improve, it stands a good chance of staying alive and well.

Of course, whether those changes are ever made is what may be the key. If they aren't and the series gets stale even to the diehard fans, then it will end. But the changes are generally pretty easy to make and don't mess with the core, so the series will be fine.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    That would never happen. It would be like Microsoft ending Windows, or selling the rights to make new versions of the OS to Apple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back