• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pokemon End?

What do you think? Also give the Reason.

• It'll be better End in 5th gen.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • 5th gen isn't the End. There'll be more.

Votes: 91 70.5%
  • We'll see what happen.

Votes: 28 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have a feeling it will eventually fade into obscurity everywhere except Japan....then it'll suddenly rise again in 2196! (When they've found a way to make the creators immortal, xD)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I wouldn't mind if Gen 5 was the last gen, pokemon would end on a good note. Howerver, there will definitely be more generations to come, and I am happy about that. Like said on here thousands of times before :D it's rumored that Satoshi and Sugimori sat down and made 1,000 pokemon. There are so many creatures to base future gens out of, so many ideas that they could use (basically endless), and we can't forget if they gave every pokemon an evo that would more than double have many we have now.

Nintendo will definitely keep it going for howerver long they can. Really pokemon could continue without pressure from Nintendo too. I think what we call 'new' generations now (more pokemon, new region, etc) may not be considered new sometime in the future. If you get what I mean, instead of introducing new pokemon in every new gen they may just put us in new situations in present regions (maybe expanded), and so on. Because of this pokemon really could go on for...like a century :P

Though if Satoshi someday feels like pokemon is changing for the worse, then by all means the series should come to a halt. I hate it when the original creators thoughts are ignored just b/c the company they make their games, movies, et cetera for wants to continue to make a profit off of it.

Years
    I have a horrible, sad, gut feeling that Black and White will be the last. I don't know exactly why but it just seems like the end for the Pokemon franchise. The Pokemon and games just don't have that feeling that they did. The last good Pokemon games that seemed like they were thought out and the producers had passion for it was Hoenn. D/P/P didn't have the feeling the first three did. They just seemed forced and only made for the money. And I'm sure everyone agrees with me the anime died after the first season.

So... I dunno what to say. I don't want it to die but it's almost time for it to end. Oh well, if it does end, it certainly made its mark in culture. :D
    This is a problem for you, not for everyone else. If you feel that it's just not the same anymore and it should end, you could just be drifting away from the franchise.

Satoshi Tajiri CREATED Pokemon so I think if he stopped after Generation II, it's really bad.

Not the designs, I love all the designs so far. Just the idea of him stopping in the game development is bad.

It's HIS game so he should be a part of it.
    It's more than likely that he chose to be a lesser a part of it. All that information is not just a rumor, it's true. Just beat the Elite 4 and look at the game credits. He doesn't do anything anymore, it's possible that he could have just lost interest.

That's what I'm thinking so far since I've heard this rumor. Poke`Beach said that they're wondering something like Satoshi Tajiri isn't interested in monster designing anymore. My point is, I don't want any single person to replace Satoshi Tajiri position to take over Pokemon. Lets just hope Satoshi Tajiri is back working again, In the 3rd version of BW, 3rd gen remakes, or 6th Gen and the Next gen afterward.
    Junichi Masuda has been involved with the franchise since the start. He was a sub-director in GSC and co-director or main director in every game after that. He's now directed more games than Tajiri himself. I personally think he's been doing a fine job since Tajiri stepped down from being the head of the franchise. The franchise still hasn't seen a very dynamic change since RBG, it's still just Pokemon.

Last edited:

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I don't want Satoshi Tajiri to return if it means him dragging himself to the task, rather than actually wanting to return.

Not much can be done if someone loses interest. It'd be great if he gained that interest once more, but that doesn't always happen.

I do understand what you mean. But is this the first time a creator lose interest? Its really surprisingly to me.

I have a feeling it will eventually fade into obscurity everywhere except Japan....then it'll suddenly rise again in 2196! (When they've found a way to make the creators immortal, xD)

Like become a Legend or ancient? I hope yeah, And I'm going to miss the old days if that come.

I wouldn't mind if Gen 5 was the last gen, pokemon would end on a good note. Howerver, there will definitely be more generations to come, and I am happy about that. Like said on here thousands of times before :D it's rumored that Satoshi and Sugimori sat down and made 1,000 pokemon. There are so many creatures to base future gens out of, so many ideas that they could use (basically endless), and we can't forget if they gave every pokemon an evo that would more than double have many we have now.

Nintendo will definitely keep it going for howerver long they can. Really pokemon could continue without pressure from Nintendo too. I think what we call 'new' generations now (more pokemon, new region, etc) may not be considered new sometime in the future. If you get what I mean, instead of introducing new pokemon in every new gen they may just put us in new situations in present regions (maybe expanded), and so on. Because of this pokemon really could go on for...like a century :P

Though if Satoshi someday feels like pokemon is changing for the worse, then by all means the series should come to a halt. I hate it when the original creators thoughts are ignored just b/c the company they make their games, movies, et cetera for wants to continue to make a profit off of it.

Yeah, Pokemon is like a Heart of Nintendo to me. And I do agree with you hate of creator ignoring their game. Its like a Spear without the edge.

Junichi Masuda has been involved with the franchise since the start. He was a sub-director in GSC and co-director or main director in every game after that. He's now directed more games than Tajiri himself. I personally think he's been doing a fine job since Tajiri stepped down from being the head of the franchise. The franchise still hasn't seen a very dynamic change since RBG, it's still Pokemon.

Okay I get it. Thanks pal! Well, to Satoshi Tajiri, I beg your responsibility that's all I can say as only a Fans. But without him, I think Pokemon will still going smoothly. The only matter is many Fans complaining that's all I guess.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    The series will end eventually, it has been around for a number of years now. I just hope it ends whilst the games are still decent, it'd be a shame for them to carry the series on and have the quality of the games get worse. ¬¬

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    The thing that made Pokemon good was it had freaking 151 mosters in one game! And in America it proved to better both the game and the show, although I'll like Pokemon Sunday to be aired around the world. The thing is you never what is Pokemon's next move I mean from game to T.V show and from T.V show to the First Movie which made it good because no body expected a Pokemon Movie at that time that just assumed that it was just going to be a normal T.V series but the Movie made it fricking epic! Sometimes I can hear my self humming to my self "Mon-Mon-Mon" from the first movie sondtrack.

Btw: Pokemon's time will come but I'm guessing until we hit Hologram techonlogy gaming. Also I WANT A POKMON GAME LIKE FINAL FANTASY ON MY WII!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Digimon season 6 ep 1 leaked my opion of the episode is hopes not to high for this but going to pre-prder the re-release of the Digimon Mini from toys n Joys.

Does anyone remember Pokemon cards I think it got less popular after the EX series

Years
    Okay I get it. Thanks pal! Well, to Satoshi Tajiri, I beg your responsibility that's all I can say as only a Fans. But without him, I think Pokemon will still going smoothly. The only matter is many Fans complaining that's all I guess.
    You're welcome. Like others have said, there's always a chance that he'll become a part of the franchise again. He is still the creator of these great games, and I'm sure he can dish out plenty more great ideas.

Does anyone remember Pokemon cards I think it got less popular after the EX series
    I believe it's the exact opposite. All I know is that Pokemon became the best selling card game during DP, outselling Yu-Gi-Oh. Maybe people just lost interest in YGO.

Last edited:

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    There should be some more generations now...let's see how long it goes. xD

Ha! Nice attitude. I like that kind of thoughts.

You're welcome. Like others have said, there's always a chance that he'll become a part of the franchise again, he is still the creator of these great games, and I'm sure he can dish out plenty more great ideas.

Yeah, He will and he has to. Besides, even without him, The monsters designs aren't bad too. I think this is what I'm calling more innovation.

Btw: Pokemon's time will come but I'm guessing until we hit Hologram techonlogy gaming. Also I WANT A POKMON GAME LIKE FINAL FANTASY ON MY WII!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Digimon season 6 ep 1 leaked my opion of the episode is hopes not to high for this but going to pre-prder the re-release of the Digimon Mini from toys n Joys.

Yeah, Hologram Technology gaming eh? I bet it'll come in 2015 or maybe 2020. But a Pokemon game like Final Fantasy like you've said, I'm actually don't get it. Pokemon and FF are both RPG game. Plus, Pokemon Battle Revolution is the best game on Wii. I bet in 2 or 3 month after BW release will come a new Spin-Off game like Ranger, MD, or like PBR.

The series will end eventually, it has been around for a number of years now. I just hope it ends whilst the games are still decent, it'd be a shame for them to carry the series on and have the quality of the games get worse. ¬¬

The game may get worst on the Quality. But its natural to me if a game or anime getting a worst situation like Pokemon now. But to me, Pokemon are getting better and better. Pokemon is having the best Monster design ever than the other Monster games or anime.

Veelarion

Xbox and Tea fan.
    Years
    D:

Ah now..Pokémon ending? That'd be just awful. I mean,yeah after Generation I and II, the anime was pretty crap. But the games only get better. You can't beat a good Pokémon game. Maybe my post is a bit pointless,but ah well,just getting my opinion across. Pokémon makes too much money and has waaay to many fans to end. It's the bestest ^____^:pirate: <----Hey i'm a pirate wazzap?

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Ah now..Pokémon ending? That'd be just awful. I mean,yeah after Generation I and II, the anime was pretty crap. But the games only get better. You can't beat a good Pokémon game. Maybe my post is a bit pointless,but ah well,just getting my opinion across. Pokémon makes too much money and has waaay to many fans to end. It's the bestest ^____^:pirate: <----Hey i'm a pirate wazzap?

Your post isn't pointless buddy, Its actually make a sense. And yeah, The game is getting way better and better. Now everything on Battle field is in motion, Sprites (Front and Back), Camera and some awesome moves now added. I think I'm gonna miss 4th gen. 3rd gen? NO! Its going to come to remake, So I'll make a celebrate to 3rd gen remakes. Like, "Welcome Back 3rd Gen!".

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    Is the 3rd gen offically going to have a remake but will it be 2 or 3 games, cause HG and SS were from gold and silver what about Cyrstal so what Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire and where's ??????? Emerald?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The 3rd gen should get a remake in the upcoming 5th gen, if Nintendo keeps pace w/ remaking games every two generations.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Is the 3rd gen offically going to have a remake but will it be 2 or 3 games, cause HG and SS were from gold and silver what about Cyrstal so what Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire and where's ??????? Emerald?

Like the previous gen, We're only getting the usual game rather than 3rd version to remake as well. Like HGSS, They're the usual game. Crystal is the 3rd game. So I guess there's only Ruby and Sapphire to remake. Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire isn't a bad name too~

The 3rd gen should get a remake in the upcoming 5th gen, if Nintendo keeps pace w/ remaking games every two generations.

There's always a reason why they're remaking the previous gen. Maybe because the Newest Pokemon game isn't that good, So they're fixing it with remaking the previous one. But they have to remake 3rd gen. I think.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I don't think it will all be over soon. They predicted that it would all be over soon in 1999. But it's still going strong now, 11 years later. So. I think Pokemon may end AS WE KNOW IT, but not really end.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Like the previous gen, We're only getting the usual game rather than 3rd version to remake as well. Like HGSS, They're the usual game. Crystal is the 3rd game. So I guess there's only Ruby and Sapphire to remake.Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire isn't a bad name too~

Yes that makes sence but i hope they add both teams on each game and make rayquaza catchable.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Eh, I don't think Fifth Gen will be the end. Pokémon is one of Nintendo's staple franchises, and they're not about to stop making anything that doesn't make them money. I mean, they've basically been remaking Super Mario Bros. with prettier graphics and more stuff to stomp on since 1985 and that's still going strong. *shrug*

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Dear God I hope not. I love Pokémon, I have for at least 4 years now; I have also managed to find all the games (except Green obviously, I live in Osutoraria, see) and I LOVED them!

So, I don't think it will. Game Freak are making a heap of money off of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and if the fifth Generation are completely and utterly EPIC, they will most probably be kajillionares.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I guess they won't stop till 1000 ! O_O
    I doubt Pokemon will end. New people keep coming and old ones leave. It's a normal cycle and we should all understand. I am also a die-hard Pokemon fan (Sapphire since 2003 when I was 5 years old), thus, it'll be really sad for the series to end.
    Look at Zelda/Mario. They started somtime near the 1980s and they're still going with spin-offs (Mario Kart, I'm watching !) and mains (The Legend of Zelda).
    I'd really love to see my children playing Gen 20. lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back