• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will u choose a different starter in platinum than the one u used in d/p?

Years
    I always planned to use a different starter for each version. I've only ever gone through Diamond once, with Chimchar, and once on Pearl, with Turtwig. Therefore, on Platinum I will begin with Piplup. Infact, I have 4/5 of my party already planned.

Years
    Well since I have chosen every starter in the 4th generation it would be impossible for me to give you an accurate reply. However, I did choose Chimchar which is the one I use the most. In D/P anyway. In Pearl, it fails. It fainted in almost every gym battle except the 1st and 2nd. :\

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I chose Chimchar in Pearl and switched between Piplup and Turtwig in Diamond. I'll probably choose Chimchar for Platinum but I'll decide that when I get the game. I may just dump my starter since I already have their evos.

poke hunter

Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2008
    I'll probably pick a different one, I never even keep the starters anyway.

-Poke Hunter-

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Since there is more of a variaty for fire types, and I failed with Piplup last time, I'll take Piplup, and stick with it.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Once again, I'll take Naetoru.

Without TMs, it's fully-evolved form, Dotaitos, learn a variety of Physical Attacks.

Wood Hammer, Crunch, and Earthquake are all learned naturally and help it cover alot.

It also learns many moves that amke it Bulkier, such as Curse, Leech Seed, and Synthesis.

It also learns Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock, Both Screens, and Sandstorm vua TM to help it anymore.

With the advent of the Platinum Move Tutors, Dotaitos can now get Seed Bomb and Superpower without Breeding, which is always handy.

Last edited:

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    yeah I'll probaably go with piplup next time I went with turtwig in pearl.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I actually plan to start off with all three of the starters, because in Diamond I started off with Turtwig, and in Pearl I started off with Piplup, so now I just have to wait for Platinum's release before I can obtain Chimchar.

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    I dont know I will probaly get a baby turtwig of diamond an get infernape because his sprite looks ace in platinum

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    in my jp diamond game i had a turtwig but some thing happened and it got deleted
    in my english diamond version i picked chimchar
    and in platinum jp version i picked turtwtig again so i can just have him again lol

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I might get Turtwig as a starter and not evolve him- but I did that with Pipulp once and he was out of my party very shortly after starting the game.
    I'm thinking I might not use any of the starters- :S
    and just pick the one with a strength against the first gym

Back