• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will You Catch Em' All?

Blackoutv3

TO CATCH THEM IS NO REAL TEST!
    Years
    Allong the course of the game you will most likely have the opportunity to catch all or most of the the pokemon. The question is will you catch them or trade to complete the pokedex. I myself am only catching 6 pokemon for my party for Johto and Kanto. Then i will trade or attempt to catch and trade for the national pokedex.

Last edited:
    Years
    The hilarious thing is that I checked Serabii.net, and there are only about 30-40 Pokemon unobtainable in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and I have half of them already in my Platinum. :)

So yeah, after I've done all of the side quests and such I'll probably strive to Catch 'Em All. 'Cause I'm the best, around, nothing's gonna ever bring me-

... So, yeah, probably.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    To clear up some things here, you can't get them all in HGSS (just a fair few), and no there isn't any 'new' gen Pokemon - just the usual 493. =P (With only Johto and Kanto catchable for the most part before the elite four - after then can you only find the 3rd/4th gen Pokemon, although you can trade whatever you like whenever you wish really).

I'll leave this thread open and here, as long as discussion leans more towards how you believe you'll catch Pokemon in HGSS both in beating the game and afterwards, etc rather than talking about other games and completing the dex in those by trading from HGSS.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Are there any BRAND NEW Pokemon in these games?

No, nothing NEW new.

I'll probably try to get as many as I can (and I mean LEGIT, too,) I know a lot of people who actually do have 'em all just cheated somehow (AR, etc.)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I have all the Pokemon in my DPPt versions, and I may just trade them all over(or eggs thereof) to HgSs to do some Pokedex grinding. ^_^

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Simply, no.

There are now way to many Pokemon to even think about doing such a thing. Plus, there are quite a few event-only Pokemon, causing people to rush to accomplish it. I like to take my time.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    i have always asked myself this question....and as always i will say "of course I will catch em' all".... i will have to trade for some though

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Well I have a full Pokedex now, so I guess I could just trade the Pokemon over. I will only do it though if they put something like a special item for doing it. I'm tired getting nothing for so much work. :(

-Okami

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I doubt it, as i cba.I like to complete regional dex, and then i'll end up with national spread over 2 games

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I can't be assed, i have more fun trading pokemon and having that feeling where you get something awesome. If you get themm all there is no need for trading unless you can get something better :/

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I'll catch as many as I can, but odds are I will never catch 'em all.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Nah. I was never interested in collecting and catching. I'm somewhat tempted to do it just because Silver was my first game, and it would be nice to complete HG/SS fully.

But I probably won't bother.

Years
    I just completed this task last night in Platinum. ._.

There is no way I'm going through that grueling mission of catching all those annoying buggers
    ever again. It spanned across two whole generations and about 5 games. It was so painful... I was disappointed when I received my reward at Lake Valor... All I got was a pretty picture featuring all the starters, and I only got to look at that reward once. I am not going to do this again for quite a while. I'll think about it in 6th gen. In HGSS I'm only going to own competitive Pokemon. I have a NU team that I plan to send over to start off with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yeah I will go for all of them. Plus the replay value trying to catch all of em will be awesome. Plus I am getting both version and I have like platinum so no problem there.

Back