• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will You Catch Em' All?

Years
    Since my overall goal is to have a trainer card with 5 stars, national dex completion being one of them, yes I will. I don't think filling the dex will be that hard, to be honest, especially since Pal Park doesn't have a 24 hour limit like in D/P/Pt. I'll just park as many 1st and 3rd gen pokemon as I can and try to keep the one-for-one trading to a minimum. The only hard part will be trying to trade in 4th gen version exclusives, which is why I'll be doing that first.

This will also be the very first time I've had the opportunity to catch ALL the pokemon, since there will be events for Mew, Deoxys, and most likely Celebi, so I'm quite excited at the chance to actually "finish" the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    yes i will catch them all. im readey for countles days of pokemon. i also intend to have every single one in the box assorted by number. not just the last stage but every single one

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Not at all.

The only time that I actually caught all the Pokemon was way back in the days of Red/Blue. That was only when there were 150 catchable Pokemon. Now there's almost 500, and some Pokemon you can only catch if you go to certain events or go through some crazy evolution process.

I'll probably just catch whatever Pokemon I'm missing from my Pearl version and trade them over in a small attempt to get my Pokedex closer to completion on that game. But I'm really not going to make a conscious effort to do anything.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Well, seeing as HG and SS are the newest games to the series, one (probably Heart Gold) will become my MAIN game, so yes, I will catch'em all.
    (:

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I may try after I beat SoulSilver a few times. I wanna work on my team and maybe do some competitive battling here and there. It'll be a challenge, though. I'll do my best.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    I mean, I'll try, you can never be certain but I'm not the kind of person to plan so far ahead, I just take it as it is. If I manage to get close (In the 400s caught), sure I'll go for it, and with a lot of effort..Otherwise I'll just enjoy my time in the game.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I'll atleast give it a shot, but does anyone now when the next generation game is to be realeased? Or is it TBA?

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I will catch them all.. with the exception of event-only Pokemon.. because I suck and never have the means to obtain these Pokemon when the events are happening.
    Oh well, at least I'll have Lugia again. ^_^

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Right now, I'm playing through a rom so I don't really care about catching too many pokemon but when I get my real copy of the game I'll try to catch the most I can.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Yea, im going to do it as i go along instead of beating the game then doing it,
    im going to catch every pokemon availeble in a certain route, then move to the next part of the game ^.^

Years
    In all the pokemon games, mine main goal has been to "catch em all". Unfortunately it has been continually difficult to do so. However with this community and the trade centers from the ds games, I believe it will finally be possible to fulfill this dream. YES I WILL CATCH EM ALL!

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    If I didn't miss the Arceus event last November, I'd have more of an inclination to :( I'm just breeding competition worthy Pokes until I either get something boss like a legendary "TM93: UBERMOVE" or something for collecting all 493.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think I'll catch all of the Pokemon that you can actually get throughout the game and just trade for Sinnoh and other Pokemon I can't get without trading!

Right now, I'm playing through a rom so I don't really care about catching too many pokemon but when I get my real copy of the game I'll try to catch the most I can.

I always thought that roms were illegal... 0_0

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    ill try to catch all of them, but ill probably be to lazy to catch them all

Back