• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will You Catch Em' All?

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Isn't the whole point to "Catch 'em All"? :P I'll do my best, especially since the interface is so much cleaner and easier on HG/SS than on previous version. I was always hoping for touch interface when managing your party or PC! :D

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    I don't see why not. I completed my Pokedex on Pearl, so now I'm going to take the challenge and do it again on SS! :]

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I want to do it, but I wish you got the National-Dex the same way you did in D/P/P (by seeing all rather than catching all), as I'm more inclined to do it when I have the National-Dex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    I'll try to get the Johto 251, but I can't be bothered to catch the 493. Besides Wi-Fi kinda ruined it, you used to have to find them yourselves now you can just trade for them.

Years
    I've never caught them all (or even tried xD) before. So when I play SS, I'll be trying my absolute best to catch them all. (While working on a competitive team in the meantime >w>)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually, seeing as apparently you have to catch the whole Johto dex, I will catch 251 out of 493(although one time I had over 400 caught)

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Yes! I will probably end up being about 20 away from completing it in the end, though. It makes awesome replay value.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    Hmm, I don't think I'm getting all of them. It seems like too much work now that there are almost 500 Pokemon and with Nintendo working on the 5th Generation DS game, there will be even more once released, so I think I'll just catch my favorites and train the ones I want as my final team. On occasion, I may catch a few here and there, but catching all of them is a tall order for me and I don't like using Action Replay.

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
    I have been playing Pokemon since yellow version. I have never completed a pokedex until my Diamond about 6 months ago. I don't want to go through all that trading again. I will catch all there is to catch though for sure. That is what makes it fun.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well , I'll use a guide to see which Pokemon lurk in the grass then snare them with anything ! >:-)

Just because the 'Dex is a hard to do thingy introduced in the first Pokemon game and forth . Since then , we all strive but very little succed (409 seen , 321 caught in Platinum ...) .

Years
    If I can get the event Pokemon off my Plat (stopped playing it) I know I can.

I'll try to get the Johto 251, but I can't be bothered to catch the 493. Besides Wi-Fi kinda ruined it, you used to have to find them yourselves now you can just trade for them.
    Agreed, I am glad they have it, though many GTS trades suck. Like LV 3 Ratatta for a LV 100 Mew

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'll try. But at the momment, I dont have wi-fi, and there's never any event pokemon in australia. But If I do get wifi then yeah, gotta catch 'em all!

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    I am closer than I expected, since I have all starters (I have a trade thread where you can get them, see sig), but my big worry is legendaries. My GBA game always malfunctions when I want it to migrate Pokémon, so I always have to trade to get the inaccessibles.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    most likely. I did this on my original gold version: catch every pokemon in each area at a time. That way I will have more of a variety towards the end.

Back