• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you get Platinum?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I'm getting it mostly for the Battle Frontier and also to complete the set. I've got Diamond, I'm ordering Pearl, I might aswell go ahead and get Platinum. :)

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    Probably not for me. its the same pokemon. i might get it for the newer moves.

Blue Tomoshibi

Pokémon a go-go!
    Years
    I might not get Platinum. I spent 50 bucks importing it. And I have put so much time into this save file of mine, it would be an insult to buy the English version now.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    The only pokemon im going to send over first are probably another starter hopefully chimchar and when I get to Floroma ill send over my movie shaymin.

Years
    I Can't wait for it to come out.
    There is big changes with new moves and stuff like the Rotom forms :) as well as the Battle Frontier

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    I'll get it, but its going to suck to have to start all over since I've nearly completed the pokedex on Diamond and I don't have an extra DS to trade.

Borrow your friends, cousins, siblings??? That will be smart. worse comes to worse go buy another DS.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I'm probably going to get Platinum since I don't really play Pearl (and it's the only Pokemon game I still own). If someone doesn't mind, and I'll pay a rep out, can you sell me on Platinum. Why is it different/better/worth it in comparison to Pearl. I know I could google it but I feel that getting a true fans perspective is much better than a review or a game sites perspective.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    DEFINITELY!!! I mean who wouldn't right?
    but the day it is released on march 22nd, u can bet I'll be buying it...lol

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Umm...let me think...boy this is hard...
    OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I mean it will be so awesome, especially how u get to go to a battle frontier!!

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Yeah, I will. Mainly because then I could trade over some of my Pokémon from Pearl that I don't want to lose so I can finally restart Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    once i get Pokemon: Platinum I'll transfer all my Pokemon in Diamond and my GBA games :D:D

Years
    Yes.

Will likely get it shortly after release date. A week later most likely.
    Story mode looks a little easier now that the Elite Four are more vulnerable to Stealth Rocks. Piplup --> Empoleon seems to be the way I will go. Will transfer some Pokemon from P/D over to Platinum.
    And I will play through as "Dawn" just because I have yet to enjoy seeing that
    guy "strut".

Back