• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you get Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    i HAVE TO GET IT!LOL. for my pokes,i'm going to pass only the EV and some legends(not the in-game ones,only the ones by events or unique).but..i got my leaf green and my emerald ready to pass some cool pokes.

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    I am defnately going to buy Platinum, however I only want to transfer a few over.
    I like starting over and having a new experiance.
    With all the new sprites, I'd want to see them all for the first time and make it exciting. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I already have the Japanese one, so I'm undecided on the english version. I might get it so I could understand what everyone was saying.

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
    Years
    Why would you waste money playing a game that is virutally the same thing as Diamond and Pearl.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Why would you waste money playing a game that is virutally the same thing as Diamond and Pearl.
    There is a BF now to actually play more, and you can use Tutor moves for competitive battling which is an obvious choice. You can get more pokemon, including the new forms. You can record many battles now, it is just a lot better, training will be easier with the Elite Four (after National Dex). After that, why would you ask a question like that?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There is a BF now to actually play more, and you can use Tutor moves for competitive battling which is an obvious choice. You can get more pokemon, including the new forms. You can record many battles now, it is just a lot better, training will be easier with the Elite Four (after National Dex). After that, why would you ask a question like that?

ALL THE MORE REASON TO GET IT...lol...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Recording battles? Sick nasty awesome movesets from the Move Tutor that are influencing usage/tiers of particular Pokemon? Hypnosis' lousy 60% accuracy? Definitely getting Platinum.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Of Course I'm getting it! Maybe for my Birthday or earlier, but I WILL buy it somehow. Everything sounds cooler than it was in Diamond/Pearl

I dont have 2 DS systems lol

...I have 4 :D

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I am considering trading ALL the useful Pokemon from my Pearl to Platinum and restart Pearl. Then I wouldn't waste all my brother's stuff by restarting.

Oh yeah, I have Platinum. The Battle Frontier is the most entertaining Frontier ever, even though there are only two... Also, the Galactic showdowns are more epic. And there's Giratina and Shaymin's new Formes.

So, conclusion: BUY. IT.

Note: All legends from Gen 1-3, a shiny Tentacruel, and some Pokemon from the old games were ALL his.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
    Most definitely. I have played every single pokemon game to date so far and hope to get this as soon as it is realeased on the 22nd and since its 20 days after my Bday i will have the money to pre-order it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I will as it is the best!
    I must trade at least 6 pokemon at the begining of the game from Diamond to it as my team but I don't have 2 DS so I may ask one of my friends to trade it with me via WiFi!

Years
    I'll probably get it, if I have the money :D But I won't be transferring any Pokemon from Diamond or Pearl to it.

Back