• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you make a new team for Kanto?

?Making a new team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Heck no. I'm choosing my team carefully in this game and I'm going to bust my butt getting them where I want them. Besides, the only Pokemon I'd want from Kanto would be the Legendaries, and I don't use them anyway.

It feels like I'm cheating when I do that. Anyone else get that feeling? It's the same with trading over Pokemon from old games to new ones, doesn't feel right.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    On my Soul Silver I didnt make a new team, After I beat the game, I started training a new team, but yeah. I re-started my HG, so I will be making a new team for my Kanto, But Ampharos is the only one that staying on that team.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Thats a good question. I never really thought of it. Well seeing that we will get the national dex right before we get on the SS aqua I might make a new team. But that's a big might for me.

Years
    I never did that in the originals. I'm thinking of trading a Biberal into my game to use as an HM slave, because the move Deleter lives in Blackthorn, and I don't want to prevent my party from having a good moveset. I want to train several Pokemon, because once my Pokemon are at the level 100s, I use new ones. I might make a new team for Kanto after beating Red by using the ones I have in my PC. I'll level them up in Viridian forest or Mount Silver.

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    On my Soul Silver I didnt make a new team, After I beat the game, I started training a new team, but yeah. I re-started my HG, so I will be making a new team for my Kanto, But Ampharos is the only one that staying on that team.

I'm kind of confused can you clear me up a little bit? You didn't make a new team but you started training a new team????

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Pfft. I never do that. I never switch out Pokemon either. I'm just too impatient to grind them up again.

This is always how I play my Pokemon games. I have a fresh, new team from the start (no trades, no eggs, no nothing. Just the ones I happen to catch as I go), and I take them all the way to the very end. Then I just start all over again.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    For a while I was considering using which ever Kanto Starter I ended up picking in my team, but the thought of training it when I'll already have a Pokémon of the same type that I'll have been training from the beginning, but I'm thinking I'll use the Snorlax outside Diglets Cave depending what level my team is by the time I reach it.

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
    Years
    I'm going to pull an Ash, I'm only going to keep my Meganium, and catch a whole new team and train them to beat the Kanto GL's. It'll make the game longer, and more fun imo.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I thought about making a new team when I hit Kanto, but the trainers in that region tend to run at much higher levels than the wild Pokemon. I don't want to be caught with weaker Pokemon than the team I'll use to beat the Elite Four, and have a surprise trainer challenge me with really strong Pokemon.

Once I fully beat the game (defeating Red for the first time), then I'll start training my weaker Pokemon. But I'm keeping my team the same until then.

Luster

Form changing script (HINT)
    Years
    Nah, I've never been a big fan of kanto because all the pokemon seem cheesy (magnemite, diglett, dodou and eggsecute to name a few). Besides, I've been loocking forward to a non-hacked GS remake for ages, so I'm gonna stick with Jhoto. Like shuckle =3

RandyPanda

Show me your moves.
    Years
    I don't see much of a point in rotating my team for Kanto. I'd very much like to keep my same starting team from Johto all the way through to Red. It'll be enough of a challenge keeping that one squad leveled up enough to compete with Red, in my opinion.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It all depends on if they rose the levels to something somewhat challenging in kanto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back