• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you make a new team for Kanto?

?Making a new team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I will probably keep my starter and start a new team, depending on how high level the wild Pokemon compare to the trainers and gym leaders.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I might do that, so HG/SS would feel a little more like a R/B/Y remake, too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Naaaah. I'm just going to be switching out my Magmar for a Houndoom when I get to Kanto. Otherwise, I'll be keeping the rest of my team in tact and maybe finding that final member I've been looking for.

V.3

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2010
    i'd get too attached, i proly wont start training others until after kanto

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Probably no but I will like capture another pokemon and if its good I will train it up just because i will get Pwned by everyone i see in kanto

Years
    That's an interesting idea, but no. I will keep my Johto team since the Gyms will be pretty high-leveled. Plus, I will grow attached to my Johto team XP

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Definitely, I see no reason not to and it wouldn't be much of a challenge otherwise.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    No.
    Maybe a little tweaking with the Kanto pokemon I catch but no.
    There's really no reason to switch at all.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Good question. Eh, most likely not. Two teams would be confusing as hell, and aren't the Kanto leaders' Pokemon at like level 60?

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
    I was thinking of doing this very thing on my latest Silver playthrough - y'know, for a bit more of a challenge and longevity to the game. However, like others have said it'd be a lengthy process grinding your new team against wild Pokemon and the difficulty curve in terms of trainers and Gym Leaders continues on from Johto. So unless I keep the main core of my team together and make a few new additions, I don't think i'll be starting completely afresh.

That said, my plan all along for SoulSilver has been to amass all 16 Gym Badges from Kanto and Johto, become League Champion and defeat Red with one team led by my starter Feraligatr. Then I will choose a Kanto starter from Prof. Oak and journey through Kanto in the original sequence of cities (Pallet - Cinabarr) while catching new Pokemon for a new team. Once i've grinded their levels over the course of the region, i'll rebattle the Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and Red so they earn their own glory.

Years
    I'm going to have several Pokemon this time as opposed to just six. That way, I have some back ups or I can change my team often as the game progresses instead of waiting until after I beat the game.

I'd like to use: Natu, Chikorita, Tododile, Cyndaquil, Houndour, Hoothoot, Mareep, Smoochum, Red Gyarados, Sudowoodo, Hypno, Rocky aka Onix, Espeon, Umbreon, Dratini, Krabby, Poliwhirl, Corsola, Sneasel, Pidgey, Ariados, Ledyba, etc.

I'm not going to use all of these Pokemon to battle Johto trainers. I'm going to level some of the pokemon up in the wild only. If they need their levels to drastically raise in order to battle the E4, I'll trade them to Platinum, and then trade them back.

Reason: I love the overworld sprites, and I might not want to do a new game.

Last edited:

ShadowPokemon

Cant wait untill Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    I really cant wait for this game to come out. I have an....unusual team but they are KILLER cant wait .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back