• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you play this game fast or slow ?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Probably the same pace I always play my games. Like In the middle. Not too slow, and not too fast.

:3

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I'll just play however I end up playing. If I planned how I'd play it, I would probably play the complete opposite way anyways.

Years
    I'm not really sure. I'd like to try and play through my HeartGold slowly, admiring all the shiny new features and pretty graphics...

But something tells me I'm gonna end up rushing through like I did with Platinum. @__@ That tends to happen with new games I've been anticipating since forever.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I'm going to play through it slowly, but not too slowly. Probably'll take me a few weeks to beat, considering I'll be in track and won't be able to play much after school when HGSS comes out.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Slow because I still try to IV and EV train, even on a get through game team. Not to the extreme, but I still do it.

-Okami

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, I'll make tons of progress the Sunday after it comes out (7 hour bus journey to Wembley ftw!) then probably not make much fast progress for ages.So, bit of both.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    My pace is dictated by my team. So, as long as I am comfortable with the stats and levels of my team, I will move at a speed that suits them. With the Lucky Eggs, it will probably be faster tho.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    slowly obviously. But I will play mostly on my heargold slow and use my soulsilver for fast and record trials.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Fast most likely. I plan on taking my SS on my daily bike workouts, and also play during the day and power through. I love games that require lots of leveling up. :]

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    Since I have come across some extra money, I am thinking about buying Heart Gold to accompany my Soul Silver; I'll beat one going fast, then for [kicks] and giggles(and Ho-oh), I will play the other version slow.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im not sure about that actuarly, my mum only lets me play on my DS 1 hour a day :\. I rushed though my japanese version of the game so i guess i cant take it slow for the english version :)

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Well,I'm NOT gonna replay my Silver because I don't wanna refresh my memory on the game.

I plan to take it slowly & train my team.

'Sides I forgot where to go and everything :)

Years
    I will probably play slow, since I have never played through Johto before, but as with other games I have played, I will become addicted to it and have beaten the Elite Four withing a week XD
    But since there is a lot more to do after the first Hall of Fame, I will be playing this longer than I have with the other games.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm definitely going low and taking my time. I never like to rush, and I'm probably going to make my Pokemon like, level 20 before I even get to the first gym! My Pokemon are gonna rock through this game! ^_^

Esmas

General
    Years
    Everyone's gonna play the games slowly, I see why. I know I will :]

I think I take TOO long, if anything, since I was in Mt. Moon in FireRed and had over 4 hours :S

Years
    This time im going to go through s slow as possible so it really feels like a long adventure between 2 complete regions,and so i dont miss all the good things in a week,ill probably spend the whole sunday of release just playing it though,so who knows how far ill get on day 1,cuz the day i get something is usually the day i advance the furthest in one sitting

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm probably going to play through it twice. First time will be somewhat fast, until I get to Route 34 and breed a competitve team from my Pokémon in Platinum (which will go into temporary storage). Then, I'll restart and play slow, training said competitive team with EV training and the likes.

Back