• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Yeah, it's a good HM slave and it's powerful, so why not.
    Even though my starter is Totodile, it still worked through my Crystal runthrough.
    Team will probably be: Feraligatr, Arcanine, Fearow/Noctowl/Pidgeot, R. Gyrados, Electric Type, Whatever I happen to fancy

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    More than likely I'll end up trading it. I like to use Pokemon that are completely regular in my group. But we'll see whenever I get the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Even though shiny pokemon are fun and all, I doubt it. Shiny pokemon are rare, but Red Gyarados isn't, so what's the point?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Probably no , as flying type I'll have a Pidgeot and Water Type my Quagsire ...

But I'll surely train it then use it at the Pokethlon to show off 1 :]

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
    Totodile is going to be my starter, so with my policy of not doubling up on types in my party, I doubt i'll use the Red Gyarados in my in-game team. However, I may very well train it in my post-badge/Red quest.

Thinking about it, I never really used the Red Gyarados in Silver or Crystal apart for making up the numbers on a usually paper-thin team or using it as a HM slave. Its lack of any Physical stat also made it an unappealing choice (well, so did Feraligatr I suppose lol...), but I expect it to be a BEAST when I utilise it at some point in SoulSilver.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    im gona SR for it being adament then trade it over to platinum clone it send the original back use that and use the clones for trading

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Probably not. It's possible that I do use it, though. However, I'm not going to get rid of it. Perhaps I'll leave it in my box for future use if I don't use it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    If I don't have an awesome water type by then then I'm probably mono-typing. Either way, I won't be using it. The only way I would is if I was mono-watering, but that's unlikely.

It was cool the first time round, but the novelty's worn off now so I won't bother.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I probably will if I ever get the game. >_<

It's a free shiny up for training. To good of an offer to pass out on. xD

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    Back when i had the gold and silver cartridge, i used it as my main defense pokemon when going up against the rockets and others.
    on my ROM versions, and on crystal ROM, i pretty much catch it for Pokemon sake.

Zet

Years
    I'll use Red Gyrados, saves time finding and catching a regular Gyrados. And it's sure to come in handy for my 8th gym battle with Clair.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Nope.

I'll catch it, but unless it's got brilliant IVs and nature or something, i'll just store it away, possibly use it for a laugh sometimes. I'll probably be using a Politoed for my water-type, and no doubt i'll catch me a Dragonite for my flying-type, so i doubt it

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    In the original GSC, I used red Gyarados, but it's really nothing more than a shiny Gyarados, it's not like it has any special abilities distinct from any other Gyarados, really, it's just simply a Gyarados, only a diffrent color, and yet you all treat Red Gyarados like it is Lugia or some other uber-legandary, I will still catch it, but only for novelty purposes, not to be a powerhouse on my team

Back