• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ever since i caught it, its been in my pc... LOL

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
    Hmm...I wonder. If you SR the Red Gyarados Event...could you get a regular Gyarados instead? Imma try and see. ^_^

I'll just treat him/her like a regular old Gyarados, seeing as it's really nothing special. He/She'll go in the PC most of the time, but I'll level em up. :D Certainly not going to be my powerhouse. I already have my team planned out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    well, i used it in crystal, but i dont think i'll be using it in the upcoming games. i'm probbably going to have a different water type pokemon.

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    I'm not gonna use it unless I can get the right nature and good IVs in the first few resets. If not I'll just catch it and let it sit in my box. Plus it hasn't got dragon dance :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Hmm...I wonder. If you SR the Red Gyarados Event...could you get a regular Gyarados instead? Imma try and see. ^_^
    I'm gonna do you a favour and point out that the bit that makes it shiny is most likely set, otherwise roughly one in every 8000 games would have a blue one...

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I don't know. I might use him for a little bit then put him in the PC. But you know what, I would love to have him be my water type in my team...hmm, oh no wait, that's gonna be Lapras!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
    I'm gonna do you a favour and point out that the bit that makes it shiny is most likely set, otherwise roughly one in every 8000 games would have a blue one...

SR. Soft Reset. It's just like every other Pokemon game, where you can randomly encounter a shiny. Just...in this case, it will be a regular. ^_^

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Of course I'll use it! I actually find it better than all of my other Pokemon...

But yeah, it's cool how they put a shiny for everyone to catch in the game!

Years
    Naw, I won't use the red Gyarados. I'll catch it, deposit it in a PC box, then never look at it again. I'm cruel like that. D;
    I never really liked Gyarados, and although red's my favorite color, there are a lot of other Water-type Pokémon such as Vaporeon or Politoed that I'd rather use. = 3 = ;

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    No sir. I have my team planned out, and it won't replace my water type. It will guard my PC and eat passerby's. Plus, everyone and their mother uses Gyarados, and I like being different.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Gyarados has a x4 Electric weakness, but it has a decent movepool and a pretty cool attack stat.

I might end up using it, even though I never did in G/S/C.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'll definately use it for my in-game team, but it won't be on my competitive team.

Back