• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woah, way too old for me

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
  • Back in high school it was almost taboo to date someone older or younger than you. Everyone, me included, had this set mentality, of only going out with people in their class.

Nowadays, I really could care less. If I am attracted to them then it's fine. Of course nothing extreme though. I wouldn't date someone 20 years older than me.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I'm seventeen and in a class where everyone's about two years older than me..
    And I think I've seen people younger than me who are a lot mature compared to the people in my class. I think I'd have to say -/+ 3.

I believe it does get difficult to relate past that. As obvious as it may seem, a year added to anyone's lives can change the way they think significantly.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I actually like it when a guy is a year or so younger than me. Although, 2 or 3 years is a bit much at the moment because 2-3 years younger than me is someone just graduating high school, and I need a little more maturity than that. So one year younger is my cut off.

Older wise? Same general criteria, I wouldn't go more than a few years older because then they'd be out of college and i'm still chillin here and I'd like someone going through the same general thing as me. Unless we could work it out somehow :)

Natiya

Imaginarium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    I think the old you get, the less significant the age difference becomes
    (like, 6 years when you're 40 vs. 6 years when you're 14. 20 years is
    gonna be a huge difference anyway xD)

Like Jesus oƒ Suburbia said, I'm in a class with people both my
    age and a year older, and to be honest, that one year doesn't make
    them all that more mature. So...probably 1-2 years older, and 1 year
    younger is where I'd draw the line, being 16 atm ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I think that the older both people are the more appropriate a bigger age difference is. I personally wouldn't go more than like 2-3 years younger and well... I've hit on people in their twenties, so that's that.

^:O someone agrees with me! /i don't read the newest posts.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm just now kinda getting my dating wings... so I can't really say for sure. I'm currently dating someone a little under four years older than me. Which, is honestly fine with me. We're close enough in age to have a lot in common. Though sometimes it weirds me out that he was in high school when I was finishing up Elementary. .__.; I think his age is about my limit though. I have a tough time imagining myself with anyone over the age of 26.

As for younger... I could probably only go a few years younger, and certainly out of high school. I guess if they were really mature for their age I could see past it, but most of the high school kids I still happen to know think they know everything about the world and that just drives me up a tree...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd like to stick to someone within 5 years of me, maybe a bit more on the younger end of things since I'm getting up there in years myself. Of course, if I'm marrying just for the money, then the older the better.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I'd say 10 years, but in actual reality, my same age because my boyfriend of 7+ years is my age and we are like two peas in a pod.

Years
  • I used to prefer having a boyfriend older than me, max 3 years, for younger it would be like only a few mouths. My second boyfriend was 6 months younger than me and after a 8 months relationship I broke up because he was such immature and promised to never fall again for someone younger. Back when I was 18 (well that is in 2011) I fell for a 25 years old guy so it come over the 3 years limit but it didn't matter to me, a bit later I fell for a 17 years old, I broke the my below limit. For those two guys it never worked. A bit later I met a guy, he was (and he still is) 16 years old. I fell for him, and he's now my boyfriend... Because of that, age limits in a relationship doesn't really matter much for me... when it is real love, I don't think age should matter, but there're some legal limits though.

Years
  • At one time, my rule was that I wouldn't date five years above my age. As I've gotten older, I've increased it to ten. I usually date around my age though cuz those are the people I'm surrounded by.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • The Age Difference?

How do you all feel on the age difference with relationships?
    I think everyone has some opinion on this, as there is always some view as too young, or too creepy.

For myself I believe in two things, for the first thing I think anyone under the age of 13 shouldn't be involved in a serious relationship. I also like to keep a five year old barrier from me.

Sence this year I'm going to be 17. I would not be willing to be with anyone over the age of 22 :>

I ask this to PokeCommunity as this has been something I was talking with some of my friends. They don't tend to care about a lot of issues, but even they had some feelings towards this.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • I would agree with you on the 5 year thing. My fiance is currently older than me and honestly I don't mind at all. Though when you get into age differences and think about laws in certain countries (Such as mine; America) you make get into no 18 year old having sex with a minor. Okay we get it. No sex with a minor, and in my opinion you shouldn't run around and have sex with whomever, but if you love this man and he's 18, and long as you're not basically still a child (12,13,14) and you've been with him for sometime, maybe when you were a child, until now in your life, then it shouldn't be an issue. I don't even see why some laws are put into place like that.

Anyway I don't have an issue with it, but as it seems a lot of people do, or we wouldn't have laws like that.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I'd prefer that they're younger than me, just because they stay hotter longer. lol

I'd say my range is 18-22.

For myself I believe in two things, for the first thing I think anyone under the age of 13 shouldn't be involved in a serious relationship.
    13 is way too young to be in a relationship of any kind, in my opinion. Even with kids the same age.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would agree with you on the 5 year thing. My fiance is currently older than me and honestly I don't mind at all. Though when you get into age differences and think about laws in certain countries (Such as mine; America) you make get into no 18 year old having sex with a minor. Okay we get it. No sex with a minor, and in my opinion you shouldn't run around and have sex with whomever, but if you love this man and he's 18, and long as you're not basically still a child (12,13,14) and you've been with him for sometime, maybe when you were a child, until now in your life, then it shouldn't be an issue. I don't even see why some laws are put into place like that.

Anyway I don't have an issue with it, but as it seems a lot of people do, or we wouldn't have laws like that.

Many states, if not all (not certain on this), have laws which allow for a small age difference. I actually went to do my research on this post but got bored around Maryland but up until then I saw 5 out of ~20 that didn't have an age difference clause, and the age differences varied from 2 years to 10.

I like to say I'm open to the idea, but even I have a limit. A 20 year old and a 40 year old? No. My age limit is higher than most though, but to compensate for it because I like older guys I don't date anyone even a year younger than me because I would feel weird about it. I've dated up to 8 years older though.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I would agree with you on the 5 year thing. My fiance is currently older than me and honestly I don't mind at all. Though when you get into age differences and think about laws in certain countries (Such as mine; America) you make get into no 18 year old having sex with a minor. Okay we get it. No sex with a minor, and in my opinion you shouldn't run around and have sex with whomever, but if you love this man and he's 18, and long as you're not basically still a child (12,13,14) and you've been with him for sometime, maybe when you were a child, until now in your life, then it shouldn't be an issue. I don't even see why some laws are put into place like that.

I'm the older boy in this post ^^

Anyway I'd say that if one person is about 7 years off then that's when it's time to draw the line. Really it depends on personalities though. If they connect what do a few years matter?

Back