• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Since my last post, a lot of games have been played, I'll leave here some of my thoughts:
    - England is in the same situation as Portugal (my team), they have a lot of players with international reputation, but they just can't play together well, so probably they'll end their participation in the group stage.
    - France shouldn't be in this world cup, Ireland does. It's totaly fair they don't pass the group stage and now only a miracle could save them. I'm happy about that.
    - This world cup will be won by a South America team, probably Brazil or Argentina and I just can't understand why european teams are doing sooo bad -.-

Years
    Since my last post, a lot of games have been played, I'll leave here some of my thoughts:
    - England is in the same situation as Portugal (my team), they have a lot of players with international reputation, but they just can't play together well, so probably they'll end their participation in the group stage.
    - France shouldn't be in this world cup, Ireland does. It's totaly fair they don't pass the group stage and now only a miracle could save them. I'm happy about that.
    - This world cup will be won by a South America team, probably Brazil or Argentina and I just can't understand why european teams are doing sooo bad -.-

I think us probably going out is a bit harsh, the group is wide open for anyone to go through and we still posess the team with the most quality. Algeria can do us a favour as they may try to go through themselves so anyone could go through really, still a huge underachievement so far though. I hope we go through but I also hope we dont send Slovenia out.

European teams could be affected by the altitude I suppose. Brazil & Argentina haven't been perfect themselves. Argentina were lucky to beat Nigeria, though they were amazing against S.Korea. Brazil did a lot worse than they should have against N.Korea.

On the Holland game, not brilliant again but a win still the same. I hope Elia keeps his place once Robben returns. Elia & Robben on the wings would be quite a force.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Shame that Japan couldn't pull one back. They had their chances.
    The overall game was okay.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Is it just me that thinks Schwarzer has been playing really well for Australia today?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Ghana 1-1 Australia

I want Ghana to win here otherwise they dont have much chance of getting to the last 16.
    Pal, if Australia don't win here they're not going through. Ghana have a much better chance than Australia do regardless of the outcome.

That red card for Kewell sucked.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Schwarzer just saved one :P
    I want Ghana to win, since it's an african nation :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I want Australia to win, and not just because I'm in Australia. I want them to win because it would be epic winning with 10 players, especially since they're missing Cahill and Kewell.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    That's true.
    And oh, Schwarzer did well with that save. It is once again, a draw.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Yes!
    Mexico won! (I posted this a little bit late, but I was celebrating and all that stuff :D)

Next stop: Uruguay.

We will win! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Ghana against Australia was a good game. Australia should have finished that chance off though.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Australia aren't getting too lucky with the decisions from referees. Two red cards in two games, and two yellow cards for Craig Moore meaning he can't play next game either. Sucks to be Aus right now. That referee sucked.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    France player Nicolas Anelka has insulted the coach during the half-time of the France vs. Mexico match and he has been eliminated. He won't play for France anymore, or at least for 10 months or something. It's the first time in a World Cup. Isn't France special? xD Even I'm starting to regret it and I'd rather have Ireland in it instead. Oh well, what's done is done.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    France player Nicolas Anelka has insulted the coach during the half-time of the France vs. Mexico match and he has been eliminated. He won't play for France anymore, or at least for 10 months or something. It's the first time in a World Cup. Isn't France special? xD Even I'm starting to regret it and I'd rather have Ireland in it instead. Oh well, what's done is done.

Sure, France is a speciality in polemics, that's it. Nicolas Anelka mentality is also special.

Years
    Pal, if Australia don't win here they're not going through. Ghana have a much better chance than Australia do regardless of the outcome.

That red card for Kewell sucked.

I meant because Ghana if they hadn't won (which they didn't) would be on 3 or 4 points and against Germnay on 3 with Serbia also on 3 so they'd probably end up behind Germany and Serbia.

He probably wont play until a new manager comes in which will be in the very near future.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I could probably defend better than Cameroon and Denmark could. It's fun to watch though.

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
    Haha, that noise will haunt me for the rest of my days. What a great game, end to end stuff alot of action this is what we should be seeing every game. Cameroon don't really deserve to lose, a bit harsh they go out of the world cup on this performance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Cameroon the first team out, Holland the first ones through to the Last 16.

Back