• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Ok, that world cup went pretty much as I expected: stuff happened and in the end Spain dominated everyone. Still pretty entertaining overall, and I wonder if that kick by De Jong will achieve a similar meme status as Zidane's headbutt.

By the way, did Paul the Octopus even guess one game wrong? If yes, I must have missed it.

I'm pretty sure he always voted for Germany up to when they fought against Spain. He got death threats for his decisions though :/

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Yeah my parents said that it resembled a bit to France vs. Italy in some parts.

And no, I don't think that octopus has ever guessed a game wrong. Can you imagine, there must be so many people out there buying octopuses and trying to make them guess football match results! Lol. But Paul is very unique, because even when he his still hungry, he doesn't go to take the food from the second box.

Years
  • I think Spain should be congratulated regardless of if they should've won or not. (Which they shouldn't because obviously England deserved it.)

I wouldn't think of not congratulating them, even though Germany were the best team at the tournament.

The only reason I never would congratulate was if say Spain beat us 1-0 with a pretty obvious handball after commiting some horrible fouls that didn't get any punishment and we had some penalty calls turned down which were wrong and we had some goals dissalowed for offside when they were on...

..and no official could be that bad.

As I said, back to club football and football's unpopularity on these forums. :l

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • As I said, back to club football and football's unpopularity on these forums. :l

Why? I think we should keep at least one thread about football in this section of the forum. I saw that there were some people here that understand about soccer and I would like to keep discussing with them here. Also, the people who understand here more about football are spanish and english, the two other leagues that I follow besides the portuguese :D

Years
  • Why? I think we should keep at least one thread about football in this section of the forum. I saw that there were some people here that understand about soccer and I would like to keep discussing with them here. Also, the people who understand here more about football are spanish and english, the two other leagues that I follow besides the portuguese :D

I bet a tenner if we made one it'd just be me, you & Went reviving it every few days as no-one else posts. (Like poor old Formula one)

I don't know, maybe if there is enough interest, I've got an idea for a trial thread (transfers) so if that gets many replies might be worth making a thread for EPL, La Liga and CL together.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Jesus ****.

That referee from yesterday must be fired. Now.

No. Yesterday's match was an incredibly difficult one for him to manage, what with the Dutch seemingly intent on kicking seven bells out of the Spanish. The number of cards issued may seem exaggerated, but people are quick to forget that the Netherlands could have easily been down to about 8 players by half time. He got the majority of the decisions right, not sure what the fuss is about myself.

As for the booing and jeering afterwards, it'll have been water off a duck's back to him; he gets plenty of abuse over here, it's nothing he's not used to xD

As for the match itself; Slow start, got better as the game went on. Iniesta was immense and deservedly scored the winner. I'm reasonably pleased to see the team I tipped win the World Cup, it's hard to say they didn't deserve it. Congrats to Spain.

I bet a tenner if we made one it'd just be me, you & Went reviving it every few days as no-one else posts. (Like poor old Formula one)

I don't know, maybe if there is enough interest, I've got an idea for a trial thread (transfers) so if that gets many replies might be worth making a thread for EPL, La Liga and CL together.

I'd give it a go personally. I would post in it as I enjoy the league season, even if I don't support any team in particular. I might have problems posting in the transfers thread however =P

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • I bet a tenner if we made one it'd just be me, you & Went reviving it every few days as no-one else posts. (Like poor old Formula one)

I would love to be able to have a thread for club football and talk to you guys about it, but i hardly ever get to watch it because of its Un-popularity in Australia and how inconvenient its shown on T.V. When the Premier League is on they show the games at like 8am in the morning when I'm going to school.

Besides the World Cup hardly anyone in Australia gives a damn about Football. I wouldn't care if i couldn't watch Club Football live but if they were shown at night time as a replay or something i would watch it all the time and not on Pay freakin' T.V.

Back