• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Salormoon. I hate that anime show. it is so crap. Why would anyone hate pokemon if they joined this place it would have been for pokemon am i not correct?
    I don't think anybody really hates it, they just don't like the newer seasons... OK, so maybe they do hate it but most of the posters who mention Pokemon as one of the worst anime said that they liked the Kanto/Johto seasons. Hating the (newer seasons of the) anime is different than hating the games or manga.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Worst Japanese anime?

MUSASHI GUNDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Seriously, look at the animation, see the trailer, if you're daring, watch an episode.

ZBDP

1st-2nd Generation Pokemon Fan
    Years
    Bo-Bo-Bo Bo...whatever..it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen in my life....I ain't joking...nose hair whip? What?! It's so bad , my mum banned me from watching it!! she said:"You're not watching that stupid show ever again! and i said:"Thank God."

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    Bo-Bo-Bo Bo...whatever..it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen in my life....I ain't joking...nose hair whip? What?! It's so bad , my mum banned me from watching it!! she said:"You're not watching that stupid show ever again! and i said:"Thank God."

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.. I had to babysit a little girl who was obsessed with the show, and they were having a marathon or something.. I'd never seen it before, but I think the nose hair thing is ridiculous.. and they act overly dramatic. I wanted to throw myself down a flight of stairs or out of a window or something. XD

But I guess I only actually watched two episodes, so I don't really know what it's about either..

ZBDP

Years
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one.. I had to babysit a little girl who was obsessed with the show, and they were having a marathon or something.. I'd never seen it before, but I think the nose hair thing is ridiculous.. and they act overly dramatic. I wanted to throw myself down a flight of stairs or out of a window or something. XD

But I guess I only actually watched two episodes, so I don't really know what it's about either..

I'm suprised you SURVIVED watching more than ONE episode. I've seen a lot of bad anime in my time (im only 15 lol), but that.....*shudders*

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I'm suprised you SURVIVED watching more than ONE episode. I've seen a lot of bad anime in my time (im only 15 lol), but that.....*shudders*
    Haha, well I had to, or the girl would scream and cry. So I made her go to sleep ^^; But really, I didn't like that anime.. It's anime like that that makes people assume that anime is geeky or stupid or whatever, I think.

ZBDP

Years
    Haha, well I had to, or the girl would scream and cry. So I made her go to sleep ^^; But really, I didn't like that anime.. It's anime like that that makes people assume that anime is geeky or stupid or whatever, I think.

yeh...yeh...i totally agree....it made me stop watching anime for about a month...it made me so mad...

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Air Gear... the manga is amazing, but for some reason... I hate the anime. No explanation for it. I just do. >.>;

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    Well, I'm not sure what the WORST is, but in my opinion, Inuyasha isn't all it's cracked up to be. ^^; I can't seem to get into it...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I don't see why everyone is picking on one piece.
    Its awesome to me(except for sanji, hes a total tool), i just like adventure anime though.
    Well, i guess the worst anime has to be Naruto shippuden, and the new digimon(i think no. 4).
    i just hate shippuden, they should've ended the series, but nooo, they just had to make a terrible sequel. they could've just made naruto longer so sasuke could come back.
    and the new digimon is just plain stupid.
    they fuse with the monsters now, fighting digimon in the REAL world.
    And i would have to say just plain bleach.
    they are getting WAY offtopic with this stuff.
    first, they are at uraharas, then in the arrancar world, after that they remember saving a princess girl... they just do this to keep our minds on something else while the manga is still being made.
    its the garlic jr. of bleach.
    i'm just going to say EVERY sequel sucks.
    GT sucked, GX sucked, Digimon 4 sucked, and especially shippuden.
    but deathnote sucked eggs at the end also.
    he is
    Spoiler:

Lets just hope thats the end of deathnote, the new movies are almost exactly the same and i forbid there to be a sequel.
    the same exact thing will probably happen.
    Psycho gets deathnote-->gets stalked by cops--> dies inn a truly disappointing way.
    he could have at LEAST killed matsuda and N(who sucked compared to L).

Actually, Yu-gi-oh sucked also.
    the manga is much better, just take a look at it.
    instead of playing with cards, its always a life or death situation.
    i've got much more bad animes, but meh, not the time to say them all.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I love One Piece. A lot of my pals hate it for it's art style, but i find it incredibly original and fresh compared to the plethora of basic anime styles that just start to meld in with each other...

The DN thing... they are still making live-action films. Like L: Save the World. It's just too popular to not make more stuff. Like Final Fantasy or Dragonball.

And the princess thing is just your basic filler arc while the main animators work on the manga arc. Happens all the time. I, personally, find the art in this arc to be really nice. Compared to the disaster that was the Bountou arc... it needs "nice".

@Kitty-Kat: THANK YOU! I forgot about Inuyasha. Such an overrated show, in my opinion. I find Ranma 1/2 to be Rumiko Takahashi's prized kid who wins all the selling bees and Inuyasha is her mentally retarded step-child. :P

Last edited:

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Just gonna comment that Shippuden isn't a 'sequel' it's just the continuation of the anime. Basically it's part 2 of the manga.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Boys Be...
    Furi Kuri
    Ghost In The Shell
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Shakugan no Shana
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Wedding Peach
    Blue Drop ~Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku~
    Candy☆Boy
    Clannad
    Colorful
    ef - a tale of memories
    Kamen no Maid Guy
    Kannazuki no Miko
    Kanokon
    Loveless
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    To-LOVE-Ru

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I totally agree that Dragonball GT was terrible. I forgot to put that in my list. XD It started out alright, but then it was getting so random. And the power ups were getting ridiculous(why Goku wanted to be a kid again?!!). And the storyline was getting stale. It was like Dragonball all over again. I was glad it was canceled in Japan. They should have stopped at Dragonball Z. :/

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    When it comes to anime, I almost always hate any anime based on a game or ...*shudder*...card game, and pretty much anything made by shonnen jump. Theres only a few exceptions to that though; pokemon has good action, the Japanese sonic X was cool (not English, cause 4kids made it wicked corny), and i got into one piece for a little while, but it got a bit repetitive. Inuyasha (the girl dragonball as me and my friends call it) and .hack i also have never liked (assuming neither are made by SJ; i wouldn't know =p).

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I totally agree that Dragonball GT was terrible. I forgot to put that in my list. XD It started out alright, but then it was getting so random. And the power ups were getting ridiculous(why Goku wanted to be a kid again?!!). And the storyline was getting stale. It was like Dragonball all over again. I was glad it was canceled in Japan. They should have stopped at Dragonball Z. :/

Ehem... more like should have stopped at Dragonball....

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I haven't seen so many really bad animes, but I would have to say Dragonball Z. Even though I've watched it quite a lot some years ago, I think it's just terrible compared to tha manga. And the manga isn't even anything exellent, but I still liked THAT. The anime is just all "oh you just see how much powerful I'm now" "what? no way you could be even close to my level" "we'll just see about that! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH......" and so on. What happens with just one picture in the manga can practically take the whole episode in the anime. And all the fillers.... No, that just isn't right!

BTW, I absolutely love One Piece - I've been completely hooked to it for years. I've seen some clips of the american version and it was the most terrible thing I had ever seen. It was so bad it actually became pretty comedy-like and I almost laughed myself to death. :'D Never mind the terrible censored clips, their woise actors were the worst. I understand if anyone who's watched that doesn't like One Piece.

Back