• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Japanese anime?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Card Captor Sakura wasn't the same show at all. It was edited to be aimed at boys instead of the original target of girls.

Well that's pretty stupid. Little boys never would have want to watch a girl in frilly costumes. (Of course, It would change when they get older. xD)

Also, I never did like Inuyasha. I prefer Rumiko's other works like Ranma 1/2 and urusei yatsura.

And come to think of it, Many people seems to like animes with less than 50 - 100 episode list. Naruto is really good in fact, the only stupid thing they have done to ruin it's image is having over 200 (or so it seems) episode. Meh, I don't think I'm right about that.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Salormoon. I hate that anime show. it is so crap. Why would anyone hate pokemon if they joined this place it would have been for pokemon am i not correct?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Fooly Cooly, I think it's called.
    It makes no sense in any way >.>

You're too young to understand FLCL, then.
    It has, by far, the most innuendo and/or duo entendre in any anime. Ever.

It's also a bildungsroman, except on screen instead of a book!
    < just needed to use that word.

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
    Yeah, I saw the show when I was 10, and I really only remember there being a crazy girl and a robot thing...

Oh yeah, I don't really like One Peice, either.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Urgh... I never liked One Piece.
    Maybe it's because I've only seen the English dub...
    (I've heard that it was censored quite a bit)

However, it's unlikely that I would even like the Japanese version. It just seems like a silly idea to me.

Yeah, it takes a lot to understand FLCL. I have probably watched it ten times, Japanese sub and English dub combined, and I'm sure I still don't fully understand it.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    wow why are you guys bashing FLCL...sure you dont understand it on the first time through, but you guys are making it sound like Evangelion which takes 20 times to understand. FLCL is only 6 episodes long, and its not THAT complicated...its good

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I absolutely love FLCL. Haruhara is the coolest character ever.

One Piece I adore - however, I can't see me watching the entire series (and I won't start). I just love pirates and that girl who can make hands on people. I'm not even that familiar with it. I've only watched like 20 episodes out of order on Cartoon Network, after all.

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
    Salormoon. I hate that anime show. it is so crap. Why would anyone hate pokemon if they joined this place it would have been for pokemon am i not correct?
    I agree. If you despise pokemon then why join a whole site themed on it?
    That doesn't makes sense. Or people are just here to chat?

Lets kill that Magikano series!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, it takes a lot to understand FLCL. I have probably watched it ten times, Japanese sub and English dub combined, and I'm sure I still don't fully understand it.

I don't think it was really meant to be understood. It just is. I look at it more like a comedic masterpiece than anything else. I don't think there is any accurate way to explain robots coming out of a kid's head. Everyone always tries to come up with these extraplanar reasons for the things in shows like FLCL, and I laugh my *** off at each one of them. I remember one person claiming that it was a coming of age story (I even joked about it in one thread way back and people thought I was being serious). Well, I'm 26, and I have yet to have my first robot come out of my head. So I don't really understand the credibility of that claim.

But I do think One Piece is vastly overrated. But Naruto is way worse.

Here's the thing. You've got a fighting Anime with Ninjas. Sounds cool and all, until you realize that the plot is dragged down by the backstories of people that you're never going to care about. Most of these people are bad guys that'll be dying in a few episodes, so they have these drawn out flashbacks to justify their misdeeds - most of which you don't even KNOW about until the flashbacks. So why the 2-hour backstory? I just want to see them fight! And I thought DBZ was bad with flashbacks of what just happened in a previous episode. But at least they seem to know when enough is enough. Sure, they may show you what just happened 10 minutes ago, but it doesn't take 2 freaking hours to do. And I doubt any real Ninja would even care to hear it all. I mean if I was a Ninja, I'd just kill the guy in the middle of the flashback. Ninjas don't need to worry about honor. That's the Samurai department. I mean the only character that's worth seeing in the show is Rock Lee. But one good character does not a good Anime make. Reference: G-Gundam.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Dragonball GT...endless storyline...Goku turns young again and becomes ridiculously overpowered.. Need I say more?

A process is simply repeated...defeat weak enemy -> strong enemy comes -> hero gets beaten up -> hero gets new power -> defeat weak enemy...rinse and repeat. That's essentially what Dragonball GT is. Z and the first one actually had an interesting storyline.

I would have also said Inuyasha, but because they recently screened a 30 minute teaser of the Meidou Tessiaga (Black Tessaiga) at Rumi-con, it gives hope that the anime series will not be left hanging and the rest of the manga may be animated...same with Ranma 1/2

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Hey, that's like the best American anime out! (but that's not saying much, is it?)
    What do you mean by that? Avatar is/was an awesome show (the final episode already aired). But I enjoyed it. Probably the best thing Nickelodeon has ever done in a really long time

Am I the only one who uses "anime" to refer to just Japanese animation? I've always thought that anime is Japanese animation (even though anime means animation so it could replace animation in regular conversation, I suppose) and that any animation that looks like anime but is say, produced in America (like Avatar) would be called "anime-influenced".

Years
    Naruto, because of its overly defensive fanbase, it being so overated the main character being nothing short of plain f...freakin' irritating.

I don't like much anime actually, only the Kanto/Orange League episodes of Pokemon and One Piece, but Naruto is one I can truly say I really dislike.

You're entitled to like the show though, just my two cents on it.

Radouti

Better than you
    Years
    Inuyasha: While I like Sesshomaru, Kikyou, and Kagura, nearly all of the other characters from the series irritate me. The show is a boring soap opera centered around bad romances (Inuyasha x Kagome and Sango x Miroku). It also has many pointless filler episodes. Furthermore, its ending is awful, since it is very incomplete.

Dragon Ball Z: Steroid users who do not do anything but mindlessly fight amongst themselves? No thanks. Furthermore, it usually takes around ten episodes for a character to reach Super Seyan status.

Bishoujo Sensei Sailor Moon: I detest this show. It promotes negative stereotypes of young women by making nearly all of its female characters idiots who only obsess over boys. They are also shown as being helpless by not being able to fight their own battles and relying on Tuxedo Mask to always rescue them. It simply makes my blood boil.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: "After we study, lets go walk around the academy! Better watch out for school security, though!" Enough said.

Naruto: It is an overrated series with a poor, clichéd storyline. Most of its characters are also awful. I think the only ones who I like are Kakashi (since he told Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke that they were unworthy in one of the early episodes), Shikamaru, and Chouji (since he is the anime version of Eric Cartman).

Last edited:

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    i got another worst, i think its called, Law of Ueki....just tried to hard to be other anime that it ended up sucking

Back