• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to be a moderator?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • When I first joined I wanted to be a moderator so bad. They seemed to be the 'cool' group of the community. Like the popular group of kids at school. They got all the attention, had all the fun and I really just wanted to belong in that group. Over time I supposed I just mellowed out. I gave up after awhile and just decided to post here and there.

Now, moderating is more fun than it is a responsibility for me. While staff do have an important job to do, the big picture is that this is a Pokemon forum. At the end of the day we're all here to just chill and have fun, really. \o/

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Here? If I was invested enough in D&D, probably. As of right now, not really. But even if I'm not invested in it I'd rather I got it than someone who doesn't know how the world works being in charge.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I feel like it was harder to become a moderator back in the days when I was a member, just because new mods are picked so frequently now that I feel like most active members will eventually become one

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I've been a mod before, so I'm familiar with that stuff. Why not? If the opportunity comes up, I'll take it. :P

I'm active on CCC, and it would be fun to mod it one day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Would I want to be a mod? Why not? lol.

Challenges and General would be cool places to mod, negl :)
    prob never get modded anyway haha

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'd moderate any section really. Anything but the trade corners and the ROM hacking since I'm not really knowledgable in those topics.

I was a mod on another forum before and it was really fun. I like helping people so being a mod is pretty good :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Yes, becoming a mod is an initial goal of mine whenever I join a forum. Problem is, I don't know which section I wish to mod in, because I'm not sure if my debates are good enough for the other mods after constantly losing to an argument to someone who is smarter than me. I'll probably do a decent job at modding, because I'm active here everyday. My tactics are watching the forum like a hawk and find any threads that's either already being discussed on another thread or off-topic.

Years
  • I don't really think I'm active enough to be a mod. Of course I would be happy if I were offered a position, but since I have an average of 1 post per day, I highly doubt that would be a possibility.

I have a pretty good opinion of mods. I think they're all really helpful, and I just don't know if I could actually be as helpful as the current mods if I were one myself.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I dont really give a damn lmao.

I just like PC as it is right now. Keep osting in there, and then there...but since I asked to be a mod (just for the emblem. god i was obsessed with emblems >.>) I dont think that will ever happen, honestly. If it does, I would love to mod the Video Games section. The best and deserves more attention imo. <3

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • When I was younger (about 11-13) I obsessed on it on other forums, and around 14 or 15 I'd just hum Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys, and now, at 16, I look at myself and ask, "what the hell am I doing?"

In the end I look at myself and realize it's just a means of trying to validate my own self-acceptance as "something of value" and not "nothing" and "worthless", and I've come to see that only I can bring that upon myself. It's been really hard to find that for myself as I really care about what people think, and thought that maybe if certain people hold me in high esteem then others would too, etc etc. What I didn't realize was then I was an annoying little ♥♥♥♥ who had no sense of worth towards others, and now that that's gone I have to deal with the after effects of others still going with the impression of me as a jerk. And then I'd become a moderator? Are you kidding? I don't have the esteem or the self-esteem for either, and I'd much prefer hermiting into my programming and doing something I find great rather than worrying about a forum section and its inhabitants erryday. To quote Hades from the Disney movie Hercules, "Can't. Love to, but can't." Yes, in the same sarcastic attitude he had for Zeus inviting him to the party while ignoring that he had the whole Underworld to manage.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I would like to be moderator of Emulation of Rom hacking, that's my favourite Forum here and i am mostly active there because i like making and playing Rom hacks, but not so early, maybe i get lots of experience and get to around 3000 posts!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • but since I asked to be a mod (just for the emblem. god i was obsessed with emblems >.>) I dont think that will ever happen, honestly.

I wouldn't worry about things like that, if you don't bring it up again nobody will remember in like a month lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I dont really give a damn lmao.

I just like PC as it is right now. Keep osting in there, and then there...but since I asked to be a mod (just for the emblem. god i was obsessed with emblems >.>) I dont think that will ever happen, honestly. If it does, I would love to mod the Video Games section. The best and deserves more attention imo. <3
    I think the whole "don't ask to be a moderator or you won't be ever" thing is just to avoid people asking to become a moderator. While it's true, if you ask to be a moderator, the answer will be no, it doesn't harm your chances of getting brought up by someone who feels you deserve it in the future.

Years
  • Been on staff twice already. It was fun when it lasted, but it's not for me anymore. These days, I enjoy PC best as a regular member with no responsibilities. It means I can skip out for days, not worry about the state of CCC, not worry about posting... it's great!

The only thing I miss about the job now is the perks, and the majority of them you can get with high enough supportership these days. And if you're only modding for the perks, then you shouldn't be a mod, imo. Which is why I left; I didn't have the passion for it anymore.

Back in the day, I really really really really really reaaaaaaaally wanted to be a mod. Then a s-mod. Then an Assistant Admin (what are those???). And they kept promoting me for some reason. I guess I deserved it? I was a little nuts about it. The last year has been like the only time on PC I have not wanted a staff position. Hope it stays that way forever.

If I was forced to mod, it'd be Chit Chat Cafe. Because it's the only forum I post in anymore.

Years
  • I'd like to be a moderator, then super moderator, then administrator, and then take over the world.

I actually used to be a moderator in a now defunct forum not too long ago. Honestly it felt a bit like a chore because I felt obligated to log in every day and constantly be there.

If I was offered a chance right now at this point in time, I'd decline, because I'm currently studying for the finals. It's a tough question for me to answer otherwise, considering my list of pros and cons.

Back