• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to be a moderator?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Hmm..

Given my past..if anyone remembers me I highly doubt it would happen. However, I would. It's what I am good at. I mean..that's pretty much my real life job. I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't say no. But I wouldn't beg for it. It's not something I am going to fight/seek but if it's offered..hey.

Years
  • Great question! :P If I wanted to be a moderator for any forum, it'd probably be either the Gen V forum, since i'm a huge Gen V fan, or Challenges because I do enjoy those. It would be amusing backing Syd up on the latter, and the former I wish I could spring that forum up and make people like that awesome generation.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Today we learned Chase is an undercover administrator scouting for moderator candidates.
    Would you like to be a moderator?

KayNic

I Love Sleeping
    Years
  • I just joined today and am new to this whole community, but maybe someday I might consider becoming a Moderator of one of the forums on here.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • If you can pay me enough to quit my job I'll moderate all night long baby. ;) Otherwise nope because it seems like lunacy to moderate here heh.

I guess you could call me a modstitute.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • I don't/wouldn't want to.

Well, I have quite some reasons for that:
    -I'm not good with responsibility :<
    -It seems like a "full-time" job, yet I'm sometimes not on PC for days
    -What if I had to moderate a section I got absolutely zero interest/experience in?
    -etc.

:/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    If it was offered to me, sure I'd accept regardless of what forum it may be. I don't think I'd be too bad, if anything I'd just let everyone on the forum do their own thing unless I start getting reports about certain actions now.

The chances of me ever becoming a mod though are around the same as TMZ becoming recognized as a reliable and credible news source about geopolitical events.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    What if I had to moderate a section I got absolutely zero interest/experience in?
    The rest of your fears are perfectly understandable. (I originally acted as if being a moderator here was a full-time job, and caused myself a lot of unnecessary stress.) I do want to clarify that this wouldn't happen to anyone, though. When it comes time to pick a moderator for a section, we make sure that candidates are actually interested in the section. Those people would understand that section the best because they're in there all the time, and would know best how to help the section grow and how to keep it under control.

If any moderator does lose interest in their section at any time, we're understanding individuals and will work with the moderator in a variety of ways, even accepting when someone has to step down due to lack of interest.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I would most likely not accept if I were given an opportunity to moderate here. I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, so I would be a slacker and not do a good job of it, honestly. I also am not all that good with people, and I keep PM/VM disabled, so it wouldn't be easy for people to ask me questions and the like.

That being said, I'm a staff member in an IRC channel associated with PC, and I love it there. I know it isn't the same by any means, but it works much better for me than moderating on PC would. The fact that there are other channel operators removes any potential stress, considering there's always a regular to help out a new user or an OP/Halfop to take care of rule breaking. [:

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hmm, I won't deny that I'm interested in being a mod. I'm currently a Battle Server staff member, and I really love the community here, but I have no idea why they'd pick me here over all the other great people around. Plus I dunno what section I would mod, haha.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Nah, I'm good. I was a mod for a fan made pokemon game and their forums. It was a fun job, but being a moderator is very time-consuming. Time I just don't have anymore.

I don't know if this forum has a problem with spam bots, since PC is a lot more advanced than the one I worked on, but those always pissed me off. As soon as you delete one, 5 more take it's place and it's just like "You son of a ♥♥♥♥♥."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As long as you keep a relaxed and mature view on the whole thing and don't get caught up in worries about what you're doing, how much you're doing and what you should be doing, it's mostly just fun time in pokéland.

I know when I resigned last time though that I felt incredibly relieved. At some points in your life, you are totally okay with not having perks or responsibilities like this. I guess at some point in the future I might leave again (!) but not unless I'm sure I'll feel better from it. And that's not within a foreseeable future :]

And I think I'd be really bored as a smod lol. I prefer to have specific forums to tend to, methinks.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • It would depend on what section of the forum i would be moderating. i think it would be fun, but it would be a lot of hard work.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I had my own dreams in becoming a mod in the past. Yeah, it would be a fun experience - but it would be hard work, like what most said. I guess sections wouldn't be an issue since I think they usually promote members who are active in a particular section to moderate in said section, and I'm usually active in sections I'm interested in.

Back