• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would You Wear Your PokeWalker To School?

Would You Wear Your PokeWalker to School?

• Yes

Votes: 292 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 101 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • ok just a little confused here....... I've seen pics of it, but what does it do? i'm kinda getting the idea that it trains when you walk?
    The PokéWalker is a device used to level up your Pokémon while walking, you are correct. However, it does become a little more complex on what it may do. For instance, you are also eligible to capture Pokémon within the PokéWalker as well as recieve items and unlock events through different courses of the device. It should be very useful for those who wish to use it and also promotes physical activity for players.

Seeing as a lot of people who will be playing the game attend school (which involves walking every so often or more) it will be very helpful to allow levels to be raised as well as gaining a few other benefits as mentioned.

For more information on the PokéWalker, you can read more here: Serebii, The PokéWalker also the HG/SS FAQ has a handful of information on the PokéWalker and how to use it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • That is one of the biggest things for why I love the walker .

It's slick and my mates won't tease me for being a pokemon fan if I put it in my pocket ! :)

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I would

Not that risky considering last year (I'm in grade 8 this year BTW) Pokemon was popular when Platinum came out expecting the same with HGSS and there is one hot chick in my class who likes Pokemon

And anyways the the ones who make fun of it i'd say F*ck you I like Pokemon so what?Screw you Its my life

Point is i probally would take it to school but I'd hide it

and BTW what kinds of schools dont allow Pokewalkers?(besides elementry school) My school even allows us Phones and Ipods!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Probobly will. my only concern is certain teachers seeing it... but I'm sure I can get by.

and I always bring my DS anyway, so I can swap my Pokemons around...

OH! I jsut remembered, I'm gonna preorder both.. so hopefully I'll get TWO Pokewalkers!

Heck yeah! x3

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    I've read all 4 pages so far, and I've gotta say - If you guys have friends that wouldn't wanna be seen with you, or would get embarrassed or something, then what friends are they? A REAL friend wouldn't be embarrassed just because you have a Pokemon-related chunk of plastic with you.

Besides that, I was thinking - If you put it inside your pocket, shirt, whatever, isn't there a chance the paint would eventually start to come off? I can see someone swiping it if it's hanging out of your pocket (probably just to be a jerk,) but I'd worry about the screen scratching or something if it was in a bag or pocket.

Yeah, if the US version gets one, I'll definitely wear it 'round college when I start.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've read all 4 pages so far, and I've gotta say - If you guys have friends that wouldn't wanna be seen with you, or would get embarrassed or something, then what friends are they? A REAL friend wouldn't be embarrassed just because you have a Pokemon-related chunk of plastic with you.

Besides that, I was thinking - If you put it inside your pocket, shirt, whatever, isn't there a chance the paint would eventually start to come off? I can see someone swiping it if it's hanging out of your pocket (probably just to be a jerk,) but I'd worry about the screen scratching or something if it was in a bag or pocket.

Yeah, if the US version gets one, I'll definitely wear it 'round college when I start.
    Reading though just the most recent posts a majority of those who replied said they may just keep it in their pockets to hide it either away from friends or teachers. Personally, I have to agree with what you've said about another one's friend because if they truly were a friend then they wouldn't make fun of what you like nor be embarrassed to be around you for it. I myself would keep it in my pocket, but that wouldn't be to hide it, it's just the most suitable place for me to keep it.

As for the paint and screen, if you take care of your PokéWalker, then this shouldn't happen until a long period of time after owning it. As for someone stealing it, this is always a possibility, but then again you're taking that risk bringing it with you in the first place. If you don't want this to occur then either don't bring it and use it other places you know it'll be safe or just be cautious of it with you.

I wouldn't have this to worry about if I were to bring it along with me to school (or any other place at that) because when I bring something with me I always keep my awareness on it at times so I don't lose it, especially if it holds something important of mines.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Somedays, sure.

I have to do a ton of walking in school anyway, why not get some experience doing it? I might even walk home that day, lol.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    As for the paint and screen, if you take care of your PokéWalker, then this shouldn't happen until a long period of time after owning it.

What I meant by that, I'll give you an example - My senior year of High School, I took my DS with me everyday, stuffed in my pocket. Around halfway through the year, it started to look a bit scuffed. I know that isn't really paint, but that's still my point. Even if you're trying to take good care of it, wouldn't just shoving it in something still be risky?

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
  • i totally would cuz i have to walk up 30 flights of stairs per day. and if some1 saw it i really wouldnt care, and it does hide well. that is how i will get a tyranitar lvl 100 without cheating, even though i already have 1. anyway, i will do it for sure

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I'm totally going to wear mine to school, and around campus when I go to university in the fall. Pretty much everyone I know knows I am a huge Pokemon geek so that doesn't bother me. While my school does have a bit of a stealing problem (my DS almost got stolen once in a mass raid of the entire performing arts wing, luckily the thieves were caught before they could get away), I bring my DS to school every day and have only encountered the one aforementioned problem, and plus since it'll be on my person it'll be much less likely to be stolen, especially if it's around my neck. I'm not ashamed to show I love Pokemon and the Pokewalker is so convenient I'll probably wear it all the time :]

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    Yes... I love to wear it ..... Its really entertaining for me as well as for everyone.........

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I tried bringing my PokeWalker to school to train my Grovyle and managed to get 6 thousand something steps.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What I meant by that, I'll give you an example - My senior year of High School, I took my DS with me everyday, stuffed in my pocket. Around halfway through the year, it started to look a bit scuffed. I know that isn't really paint, but that's still my point. Even if you're trying to take good care of it, wouldn't just shoving it in something still be risky?
    The different between the DS and the PokéWalker is that a DS is larger and has the benefit of a carrying case. This itself would prevent any scuffs or damages in your case. As for the PokéWalker it is smaller, and if it were to be placed in a pocket with nothing else it should remain fine. Then again, everyone has their own way of taking care of their possessions. In all however, it is one's choice if they wish to carry it along with them to school or not, including the possible case of loss or damage.

As for myself, like I mentioned, in most places I'll carry it to the mall or while working out such as when going for a run or walk. I'm restricted to carrying it to school as I attend school online. :\ Otherwise, I myself would be carrying it to class just with care.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    I definatly will! (he-he, training without pwning the e4!) The main problems of taking it are
    teachers, and petty thefts.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I wear mine nearly all the time. I put it in zipped coat pocket and carry it around. It's never gone off so far, unless I actually play with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back