• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you worship Arceus?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Arceus is a creation deity, or avatar thereof, but he doesn't seem to want worship. A deistic idea of a god with an event item, were we to take this as a valid theological query. So I wouldn't. Catch him, maybe, but not worship him.

A bunch a' y'all are taking this thread too seriously, and the OP's phrasing could have been better, and I agree with Porygon-2000 and I'm not going to debate with Enilias. End post.

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    No, I would worship mew.

And don't tell me mew is more of an evolution theory. I know she was worshipped at one point.

I would only do that if someone paid me lots of money to worship it but I would rather not worship Arceus.
    Who pays some one to worship?
    Usually it's the worshipers that pay people to worship.

Or maybe that's just scientology, I don't know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    After reviewing my religious stance, I can say, no, I would not worship Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    If he threatened to throw me into a pit of anguish and grief for the rest of eternity if I didn't, then yes, I suppose I'd consider it.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    No, even though Arceus is "god", it still can be defeated by "normal" Pokemon. ._.
    How can I respect him that way? D:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Have you seen it? Like all Sinnoh Pokémon, he looks stupid. No way, Ho-Oh can be my god. ^^;

Ho-Oh would be an awesome god. But maybe that's just because I adore phoenixes. :3

As for Arceus, I'm not a naturally religious person, so I wouldn't worship him. (Haters to the left - I like the way Arceus is designed.) But I would respect him, like I respect all life. (And seriously, if that life has the power to eradicate the planet, I respect it all the more >.>)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    If we lived in a Pokemon world and Arceus was believed to exist, I bet it'll be the same deal as the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

There'll be those who believe in it, those who don't, and those who are indifferent.
    Just like right now!

[edit]
    I'd probably believe in the existence of a spaghetti-type monster who can fly, same as right now.

Ayselipera

If Arceus was proven to be the actual god of all things then sure. I don't see the harm in that. :)

Edelweiss

Oh so conventional
    Years
    Can't say for sure, actually, since circumstances for me would be different in another world and another life.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    no, i would worship dratini, dragonair and dragonite and birds trio, not arceus. arceus just created the world but it was too long ago, birds trio balances the climate and they're still doing their job, they are the ones helping us right now, not arceus
    ^This.

Pilgrimage to the Dragon's Den. :D

There is of course the fact that Arceus does not make any explicit demand for worship like the abrahamic god does, and that nobody in the Pokemon world worships it anyway (AFAIK), so it would be a silly and fantastical notion to do so.

Back