• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you worship Arceus?

Years
    No, I wouldn't. On the assumption I was that easily pulled into any religion, the main reason would be because I have no intention of worshipping a pokemon I don't like. You all can enjoy him, though. :D

Secondly because new religions generally start wars with other religions. :D And I want no religious wars. \o/

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
    I don't think Worship is quite the right word. I'd study him, and find out all I could, and if he made himself known and set down rules then I probably would follow, but me being fascinated with mythology, I'd probably try to find him.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    Nah, if pokemon were real I'd be too busy worshiping slowpoke like in that onhe episode of the anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Remember that Arceus is only a god according to the Sinnoh region mythology. He could simply be a more powerful than normal pokémon who was attributed god status by early humans.
    This. :)

Also, even if Arceus literally IS a god in the Pokemon world, take note that no one actually worships it. It may be a god or have godlike powers in canon but there's no organized religion based on it so there'd probably be no reason for me to worship it. /shrug

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Nope. I can't stand Arceus. Lol.

I would be more of a believer in Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. I mean, Ho-Oh can bring Pokemon back to life, and all the others have awesome powers. Arceus sucks. Plus I really, really hated his movie. So maybe that makes my opinion just a little bit stronger.

Plus, it's the Pokemon world, so. I don't find Arceus anything important. Hell, I would expect my own Mismagius to be a god before him, lol.

The Red Chain

I wouldn't worship Arceus, but I would acknowledge his existence.
    I don't do the whole worship thing I'm afraid. >:

No offense to anyone but I find it all a little too silly.

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Worshiping ArZeus?? I mean Arceus, nah u crazy? XD, worship a magikarp if you would lol...

Anyways, who the hell created the pokemons? Mew or Arceus??

BTW, gamefreak don't know what explanation could produce, so that's why they ended making religions related pokemon lol

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    No one in the Pokemon world really knows of the existence of Arceus. If I was part of the Pokemon world I wouldn't have a religion to denounce. The Sinnoh Mythology states that Arceus was worshipped as a deity, not that it WAS one. It's a powerful pokemon, not God. So, to answer your questions, no and no. =3
    xX

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I don't want to get into a debate, but I've always been a firm believer that Mew is the 'God' of the pokemon universe. Just because all this crazy stuff with new legendaries come out doesn't change my opinion. So to answer, no, I would not worship Arceus, but I wouldn't worship Mew either since I'm not really into worshipping. :) Though I still think Mew is the boss.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't think Arceus was worshipped by people of the modern Pokemon times. I'm sure in the past, Arceus was worshipped because all the legends that were created about it featured statements about the said worshipping. However, as time progressed (at least in Pokemon world), less people worshipped Arceus and more went and started working with techological advances (Pokeballs, trade machines etc...)

If I was part of this world, I would most likely go with technology and not worship Arceus. This is because I would have probably never seen the Pokemon. This will make me think "whats the point of worshipping something that you've never seen?" and just ignore it.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Worshipping is one of the things that I would never do, no matter how powerful or awesome the being.
    I still consider Arceus as awesome and one of my top 10.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Wow, just wow.

GymLeaderMisty, go ahead and worship a bunch of pixels for all i care. but don't involve others in your stupid little cult.

This thread SHOULD be locked due to this religious converting crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back