• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wut pkmn movie is ur fav.?

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    I'm conflicted, having only seen the first three.
    It's hard to find the Movies on DVD where I live. D:

Anyway...

Action wise - The First Movie. Mew vs Mewtwo PWNS.

Story wise - Spell of the Unown. Molly's story was heartwarming. =)

Tonya

Brilliant Loser
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon movie so far is the third - "Spell of the Unown" - mainly for the story, dub music (which I thought was better than the original Japanese score), and characters.

In second-place would be the original Lucario movie, "Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero." The dub of it was very good, but when I watched the original I cried three times. The first and third times, when the Tree was calming the warring factions and during Lucario's death, I shed a few tears, but for Aaron's death I practically cried my eyes out. No Pokemon movie --- indeed, no movie I can remember seeing before --- has made me react that way. In the first few minutes of the movie, I felt like I had known Aaron and the Queen for all my life...

I never saw the first movie as anything that special. I mean, sure, it was the first and it had a great beginning with Amber and baby Mewtwo and it brought up the issues of cloning, but other then that I thought it was mediocre. I also liked the second movie, The Power of One, for Lawrence/Jirarudan/Gelarden and all the legends featured, but all the other movies have been pretty dull (I hold the Manaphy movie in higher regards to the others not mentioned solely because of the music, Manaphy, Galen, Lizabeth's grandpa, and Phantom) in my eyes. :\

After the third movie I think the originality (plot-wise) of the movies started to decline. I'm not saying that two powerful beings, supposedly opposites, fighting to the death and the main character stopping them is original, but more the mechanics of the plot. After big-clashtic-battle-with-mislead-antagonist, world-shaking-prophecy-coming-to-life and little-girl-forming-the-world-into-her-fantasy-land, the Pokemon movies seemed to become a mix-and-match in terms of plot...but I suppose it's pretty difficult to come up with 10 completely nonlinear storylines that have no intersecting points whatsoever.

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    my favorite are the two with mewtwo in them, pokemon the first movie (aka mewtwo strikes back) and mewtwo returns. i love mewtwo because he is such a complex character and has so much going on in his life. it's just exciting to watch him develop from a fighting machine to a sympathetic creature. mhmm.

i only saw up to pokemon heroes, and thought they all had certain elements in them that made each one different and stand out. but i'm wishing for all of the movies on dvd for christmas, cuz i know i won't be disappointed ^_^. (even though i HAD TO BUY mewtwo returns (movie #4) on amazon.com from a special source becuase guess what?!? IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED!! so i wanted to make sure i got it on dvd before i couldn't find it anymore.) i know, i know, i couldn't believe it myself...
    does anybody know why it's been discontinued?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    my favorite are the two with mewtwo in them, pokemon the first movie (aka mewtwo strikes back) and mewtwo returns. i love mewtwo because he is such a complex character and has so much going on in his life. it's just exciting to watch him develop from a fighting machine to a sympathetic creature. mhmm.

My favorite, too, and I would like to see the second Mewtwo movie. By the way, Mewtwo is an interesting character and its interesting to see how he became so hateful and then how he later became friends with the other Pokemon and Trainers. There is something in that movie that makes it different from all the others. Satoshi is not the character they seemed to concentrate on mostly then.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    yeah, i love the second mewtwo movie, it's where you can see his personality really develop. i think i also love the mewtwo movies because he can communicate with humans so they can understand him when he talks, and he is very intelligent. (i just hope they don't make a mewthree, i think it would totally ruin the interesting relationship between mew and mewtwo).

but you're right, i like the fact that someone else is in the spotlight besides ash (satoshi). it's a story about mewtwo and ash got wrapped up in it. i like the mood of the movie, because you can feel for mewtwo, why he acts the way he does and feels like he doesn't belong. and then you feel like something was accomplished when mewtwo sees that everyone has a purpose and a place in the world.

very good story ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I like the beginning of Mewtwo Strikes Back the most. Mewtwo is the only surviving clone. I wonder what would happen if the other clones had survived, how his future would have looked like then. If his friend had survived the story would have been much different, since he wouldn't have to be alone, unless something else happened. She would explain to him that not all humans try to use him for their own purposes and that even if he was created by humans he is still equal to those was created by their parents or by God. Mewtwo was after all very upset that he was created by humans for them to use him.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    exactly. i was very interested in the "origin of mewtwo" part. he had friends. i think it would have turned out very different if the other clones had lived because he wouldn't have felt so alone. that's why he created more clones.

ambertwo, his human friend, understood what it meant to be a clone and wasn't offended by it, but maybe that's because she knew she was created for a different purpose. but she made mewtwo feel like he did have a place in the world.

i think that if they hadn't erased his memory of ambertwo and the other clones his life would have been different too. maybe better, or worse. if he remembered her and what she said, he might have realized sooner that he did have a purpose, and want to have a positive outlook like she did. on the other hand, he might have been even more angry that his best friend died due to some careless human experiment, and caused more damage than he did.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Even if he does not remember Ai, the memory is still in his subconscious and affects him. And he does remember that someone had said 'life is wonderful' (or something like that). I wonder, is Ai involved in the second Mewtwo-movie or something else related to when Mewtwo was born?

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    ambertwo (aka ai) is not mentioned in the second mewtwo movie as far as i remember, i've watched it more than once and don't remember her mentioned at all. the only thing on the dvd is the uncut version of the 'origin of mewtwo'. i just saw it for the first time a couple days ago on the second mewtwo movie i bought. i suppose they don't need to mention her anymore because the experiment to bring her back failed and he won't ever be able to bring her back. that's what her dad said. and then mewtwo's memory was erased of her when they injected that serum into his tube.

but yeah, i think you're right, he has a memory of her in his subconscious because he does remember 'life is wonderful', but that's all he seems to remember. he doesn't know why life is wonderful, well i guess she doesn't even get the chance to tell him either.

it's so intriguing...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Ai told Mewtwo something about that you have a mother and father, but in their case it must be God that created them (I know if this is in the movie, maybe just the Radio Drama.) When Mewtwo wakes up as an adult he asks the scientists if he was created by God and when they tell him about Mew he asks if Mew is God, but then they tell him humans created him. So maybe he remembers that about how Ai told him that he (and Ai) were created when she told him. She also learned him to count and such things, but it's not all in the movie because that would take to much time. So he remember what she taught him, but he does not remember her.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    very good point. he remembers her teachings, but he doesn't remember her. it's really kinda sad. but overall it's a success story. i wonder if he remembers his other friends, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle and recloned them, because in the 'origin of mewtwo' their spirits die, but then he says when he's an 'adult' and ready to battle the trainers to prove his power, he says that he, like all other trainers, started with charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. to you have any thoughts about this Te-em? do you think he remembered them, or do you think it was just in his subconscious kind of like ai?

i wish they did go more in depth about mewtwo's story and make another movie, because i find it so interesting and fun to watch. i think a lot of other people do too.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    It was entitled "Spell of the Unown".

I love the movie where Luga was in it, "Power of One". And Moltres there was a beautiful and magnificent Pokemon! I love them both!
    "Lucario and the Mysteries of Mew", almost made me cry when I first saw it. ^^ I love the plot and the sequence of the story, and Lucario.
    "Destiny Deoxys" also, since I love how they made that boy realize.., uh... I can't describe it but ya get the idea!
    Spoiler:

Back