• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • I am extremely excited for these games and I really hope I have the money to obtain Pokemon X and a 3DS by November.

I'm really excited about the 3D graphics, especially for battles. I love all the new Pokemon designs. I was starting to get very disappointed in them around Gen IV, Gen V's were a little better, but I feel this Gen VI is so far so good. :D

I'm really looking forward to horde battles and sky battles. I'm interested to see how they'll play out.

And I'm SUPER excited to play as the female character. I think she's absolutely adorable and probably my favorite female design so far.
    I do hope, if there are future games, they will start getting a bit more creative with the male player characters though. The blue jackets, red hats and brown hair are starting to get a bit overdone.

Ooh, I like the trainer battle music. Here's some wild battle music I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_YMW54XtjI

Opinions anybody?

This was floating around on Tumblr and when I clicked play I instantly started squealing like the hopeless fangirl I am. lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • Like most people, I am extremely excited for these games and even more so I got my 3DS XL early, even before the games were announced. The 3D graphics is definitely something new to me given I have never played a 3DS-exclusive game before and the Fairy-type is definitely looking like something I want to try out. And of course there's the features we're all familiar with.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I like everything about pokemon X and Y except for the 3D map. I hate the whole idea of having a DS to play pokemon, it was a great game as 2D and i have no interest in the 3D. Regardless this game looks great and I will be playing anyways. I didnt read the whole thread, but did you guys know that they are taking out some if not all HM's? i think thats bullcrap. I want my surf! and the all time favorite, overused, FLY! although that "surfboard" theory seems cool too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Ooh, I like the trainer battle music. Here's some wild battle music I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_YMW54XtjI

Opinions anybody?

the music that's been shown so far in this game is really great - like, you'd expect it to be of course, but you can tell that the first couple of wild/trainer battles you get into are going to feel really special. the 3d graphics, the sound, the dynamic battle scenes etc. all are going to make the game play super exciting at the very beginning.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Late to the party here, but I most definitely am looking forward to X/Y and I can't wait to use the Pokemon there.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    How did you catch all pokemon? You could only catch mew by cheating or really old events just like jarachi, Darkria, and shaymin. And you most likely didn't get all of those events. And people like me who didn't even know there were events durning some of the gens it is really unfair. I think only non legendaryl pokemon should be transfered if that

Sorry bro Pokemon has been my life since I was 6 when I play a japanese copy of red in 1996, so I knew about events

Mew was Fromfrom October 10, 2010 October 30, 2010 on HeartGold and soul silver

Jirachi Was available from June 26, 2010 July 16, 2010 on HeartGold and soul silver

Manaphy was available in Japan so I traded for that

Darkrai was an event in BW so was deoxys

So yea.....

takenbythewind

fly on little wing ♪
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2013
    I'm so excited :3
    The first spoiler picture is awesome. The legendary for X is also AMAZING!
    Also, it is a new map or do you still play in Unova?
    I honestly haven't looked into this game too much.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I'm loving the Trainer music for Pokémon X & Y, it sounds like a merge of Colosseum Battle music and RSE Battle music. It's like a Gen III all over again! ;;

This is just a recreation tho, it could be different. :P

Years
  • While I'm not exactly excited about the upcoming generation, probably because I'm not as young as I used to be so I have a bit different taste in gaming now, it's interesting to see how Game freak is advancing Pokemon.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • While I'm not exactly excited about the upcoming generation, probably because I'm not as young as I used to be so I have a bit different taste in gaming now, it's interesting to see how Game freak is advancing Pokemon.

I, too, have not been as excited for games as I've gotten older. But for me, this is the most excited I've been for an upcoming game since I was little. A lot of features which I've wanted since I was a little kid is finally being added.

Thanks for sharing the music, everyone. I hadn't heard either of those before, and they sound pretty nice. :)

Nakala Pri

Mhmm... Game Freak truly is the BEST company ever! :D It is so creative and brilliant, it rocks like hell, man!

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • I think X/Y are looking amazing so far! Pretty buzzin for them at the moment, October seems so far away though :( I'd say I'm looking forward to them a lot more than I did the last few Pokemon games, probably because they're trying bold new things for X & Y.

Ps. Loving the character and Pokemon designs that have been shown so far :P

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • So yesterday I found out how excited I was for X and Y when I pre-ordered them. So far I haven't shown much interest till I went into Gamestop and they were playing a trailer for X and Y and I gave myself whiplash looking for the screen with the video.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I'm extremely excited for X and Y. After R/S/E, the games were just sort of "meh" for me. I liked D/P/Pt story, but I only liked a few of the pokémon (in terms of design and gameplay). Of course I thoroughly enjoyed HG/SS, but a lot of that was nostalgia and using Gen 3/4 pokémon in Johto/Kanto. Gen V just wasn't as fun for me. I wasn't a fan of the region or the story. Although, it does have two of my favorite pokémon, Haxorus and Hydreigon :D

X and Y though... from everything I've seen, the games look amazing. The jump to 3D looks fantastic character customization, even though it's pretty limited, is a feature I've wanted for a long time, Amie looks cool, and the new types of battles look awesome! A few of the pokémon designs look somewhat silly, but hey, it's a game designed for children. What do you expect? October can't get here soon enough for me.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

X/Y so far is looking really great. Sure, 2D brings back great memories, but I guess it's time to take a giant leap across the chasm of greatness. xD After all, Game Freak would be lagging behind while all of the great companies are releasing stuff like Eternal Sonata and the amazing FB: Awakening if it didn't produce some 3D goodness. I just think the giant pixels of the 3Ds will cause some sore eyes, but anyways, here is something pretty dramatic coming up, like:

WELCOME X AND Y! I WANT YOUR BABIES!!! xD Yeah, I'm weird.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • They'll have to do a lot to top 5th gen IMO. So far, it's looking good, but the concept of a Fairy-type is wasted on me because I don't like the style of these Pokémon...

Still, with Pokémon, you know latest is best. I'll get it regardless of which Pokémon are in it.

Nakala Pri

So far X/Y is kicking my buns! It is so great, with all the excitement it's giving and all of the joy its bringing. Hey, I could make a song about this! xD

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I think the graphics would be perfect if they could get Anti-aliasing working on them, but that's just a small issue.
    I really like the ability to move in 8 directions instead of being restricted to up/down/left/right.

Back