• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    cash in your pokemiles on the PGL website and get 100 Rare Candies, save right before you use them, check their stats, use the calculator at https://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml then reset and your pokemon is back to it's original level and all your rare candies are back. Sure it is longer than a battle that jacks your pokemon up to level 100 (of which I don't know if there is a way in X and Y) but in online battles that do raise your level (even to 50) you can't use more than 1 of the same kind of pokemon, so if you're breeding multiples the rare candy method is the only way I know of. And as far as I'm concerned, is the best way because then you don't have to go online and figure out what the IV judge means by this phrase or that phrase, you know immediately.

What I've been doing is hatching 5 pokemon at a time, level them all up to level 20, then run their stats through the calculator, then you at least know which stats COULD be 31. when I find a pokemon with the spread I want, I reset, level that pokemon up to level 100 and then I know for sure. Again, yes, it takes a little longer but there's no guess work involved and I know the exact numbers, not just ranges like some of the Iv Judges phrases are.

That's a really good idea! I don't know what the PGL is, though. I Google'd it and it came up with a bunch of French sites that said (in the very least) that Rare Candies are 500PM/each. I only have 10,000PM lol! I guess I need to get running some more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

That's a really good idea! I don't know what the PGL is, though. I Google'd it and it came up with a bunch of French sites that said (in the very least) that Rare Candies are 500PM/each. I only have 10,000PM lol! I guess I need to get running some more.

Oh sorry, yeah it's the Pokemon Global Link located at https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com you need to login with an account (nto sure if you can use your Nintendo ID or if you have to create a new one, it's been so long) Anyway, you then can get the Gamesync number from your game cartridge, sync your game with your PGL account and then everything you do in your game is synced with the online profile. (so when you make a trade on the GTS you get it saved in your log book and so on) and when you get Pokemiles you can choose to have all your pokemiles sent to the website instead of in your game and the good part about this is everything is half price (so on the PGL website, Rare candies are only 250 pokemiles each instead of 500 in game) plus you have an attraction called balloon popping where you can win berries and evolution items randomly. Anything you buy or win on the PGL website gets sent to your game the next time you game sync your game. Items are given to you by a woman standing by the PC in the pokemon center. You can set Game Sync to sync your game every time you save, but it goes down so often that it's kind of a hastle to wait for your game to finish saving just to find out the gamesync site is down. I keep mine on manual so I don't have to go through that every time I save.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    When breeding in X/Y, what's the best way to check IVs? I know with battling another person, you can jack the level up to 50, but is there any way to get to Level 100 (like back in Gen IV(?)) to be 100% sure about IVs?
    This method isn't 100%, but if you do use a calculator and put in the stats of the current level (presumably level 1), then go to the Battle Institute or battle another person to raise the level to 50, you'll get within one of the IV, as far as I know. The 5 or so times I've used it, it told me a couple of the stats with complete accuracy, and the other ones like "20-21" or something like that. And the calculator (I use Metalkid's) tells you the next helpful levels so if you do need to know exactly what it is, you can use a few rare candies to find out (unless the next helpful level is 100, which I've run into before).

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    A little help with poke-bank

I just joined today on this forum please dont get angry if this happens to be a badly placed thread...But i still need help th e poke bank stated clearly that illegal pokemon get you BANNED which i find acceptable but i was just running some legality checks on some pokemon i trained or traded for to be sure before i transfered(i just got Y today) so i happened across my zangoose with swords dance who had 3 pps on it for 30 pp thats normal right? (for Pkmn transferred from DP?) And it said it was hacked! what do i do? o clearly dont wanna risk me losing my pokebank privlege from this and also i dont know how to fix the fact its 'hacked' because i used three pp ups on it? what to do :(

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    So hi guys it's me again,so now so far iv got 4 perfect IVs on my scyther so almost there.so anyway I'm trying to build a competitive team from scratch and would like to ask what kind of pokemon would be great? And is a baton passer for swords dance usefull for my scizor for safer set up?(suggest good baton passer if possible)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So hi guys it's me again,so now so far iv got 4 perfect IVs on my scyther so almost there.so anyway I'm trying to build a competitive team from scratch and would like to ask what kind of pokemon would be great? And is a baton passer for swords dance usefull for my scizor for safer set up?(suggest good baton passer if possible)

Nah, Scolipede is the better Baton Passer because it has Speed Boost to passively boost its Speed in battle:
    -Swords Dance/Iron Defense
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP/208 SDef/52 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge/Mental Herb
    Ability: Speed Boost

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just joined today on this forum please dont get angry if this happens to be a badly placed thread...But i still need help th e poke bank stated clearly that illegal pokemon get you BANNED which i find acceptable but i was just running some legality checks on some pokemon i trained or traded for to be sure before i transfered(i just got Y today) so i happened across my zangoose with swords dance who had 3 pps on it for 30 pp thats normal right? (for Pkmn transferred from DP?) And it said it was hacked! what do i do? o clearly dont wanna risk me losing my pokebank privlege from this and also i dont know how to fix the fact its 'hacked' because i used three pp ups on it? what to do :(

First off we need a LOT more information than what you're providing. WHERE did you run your legality checks? And a Zangoose with Sword's Dance should have PP of 20, 24, 28 or 32. 30 is not possible (legally) What other moves does it have? Just telling us Sword's Dance doesn't help at all.

Second, Trying to send hacked or illegal pokemon to the Pokebank from a previous gen game simply results in getting the message "There is a problem with one of your pokemon. They will not be sent through to Pokebank" and then your transport box opens up and you simply don't have the pokemon that were a problem. That's it. No need to worry. IF your Zangoose is hacked, it simply won't be sent to Pokebank. That's it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

30PP is the normal amount for Swords Dance in Gens I-V. The PP changed to 20 in Gen VI, so that's probably why the legality check failed, but there's nothing to worry about (unless it's hacked in some other way!).

Anyway, as far as I know no-one has been banned so far, and there have been plenty of people trying to transfer illegal Pokemon, so I wouldn't worry about it.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Nah, Scolipede is the better Baton Passer because it has Speed Boost to passively boost its Speed in battle:
    -Swords Dance/Iron Defense
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP/208 SDef/52 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge/Mental Herb
    Ability: Speed Boost

Thnx,so any suggestions on good pokemon for a competitive team? So far i have a 5 iv scizor and ima try to breed that for my baton passer

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    When breeding in X/Y, what's the best way to check IVs? I know with battling another person, you can jack the level up to 50, but is there any way to get to Level 100 (like back in Gen IV(?)) to be 100% sure about IVs?
    There is a faster way, but it required a bit of groundwork.

We pair a female flawless Magikarp with the HA (for HA, duh) and a male Magikarp with straight 0 IVs across the board with a different nationality (Masuda) and ID (faster egg generation).
    By using a flawless 31 IVs and a flawless 0 IVs scout you can determine the inheritance right away at Kiloude City. Obtaining them in the first place might be tedious but it is definitely worth it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thnx,so any suggestions on good pokemon for a competitive team? So far i have a 5 iv scizor and ima try to breed that for my baton passer
    Espeon is a staple on Baton Pass teams because of Magic Bounce reflecting other status moves back at the opponent. Sylveon is also worth considering. Of course, you'll have to find other Pokemon that benefit from offensive/defensive buffs, but that's up to you:

Espeon:
    -Stored Power
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Baton Pass
    -Morning Sun/Substitute
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Sylveon:
    -Echoed Voice/Hyper Voice
    -Substitute/Wish
    -Calm Mind
    -Baton Pass
    Ability: Pixilate

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Espeon is a staple on Baton Pass teams because of Magic Bounce reflecting other status moves back at the opponent. Sylveon is also worth considering. Of course, you'll have to find other Pokemon that benefit from offensive/defensive buffs, but that's up to you:

Espeon:
    -Stored Power
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Baton Pass
    -Morning Sun/Substitute
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Sylveon:
    -Echoed Voice/Hyper Voice
    -Substitute/Wish
    -Calm Mind
    -Baton Pass
    Ability: Pixilate

I might try the sylveon for great baton pass set up for my sp attackers :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

The easiest way of finding precise IVs is by using KeySAV. Once you have it set up, it'll take about 30 seconds to find out the IVs of a whole box of Pokemon. This thread has a good guide to setting it up: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320591. The thread is geared towards using it to find shiny values, but as well as telling you shiny values it also tells you a Pokemon's IVs. The only drawback is that you either need an Action Replay Powersaves or a digital copy of X/Y to use KeySAV.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hi guys breeding question again :3
    So um right now iv got an adaman 4 iv scyther so i breed that with my Italian 5 iv scyther

15 eggs later all i get are 4 iv ones,is there a chance of getting a 5-6 iv one with the ones im using?

4iv scyther has perfect hp,attack,def and speed iv
    5iv scyther has perfect hp,attack,def,sp def,speed
    What am i doing wrong here guys

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi guys breeding question again :3
    So um right now iv got an adaman 4 iv scyther so i breed that with my Italian 5 iv scyther

15 eggs later all i get are 4 iv ones,is there a chance of getting a 5-6 iv one with the ones im using?

4iv scyther has perfect hp,attack,def and speed iv
    5iv scyther has perfect hp,attack,def,sp def,speed
    What am i doing wrong here guys

As long as one of them is holding the Destiny Knot, then you are good to go.
    The Destiny Knot randomly takes 5 IVs from the 12 available stats (6 from each parents), and the 6th IV is generated by random, so yeah, just keep at it. ;)

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    As long as one of them is holding the Destiny Knot, then you are good to go.
    The Destiny Knot randomly takes 5 IVs from the 12 available stats (6 from each parents), and the 6th stat is generated by random, so yeah, just keep at it. ;)

I was just wondering since after all these eggs none of them had a perfect sp def to Cary over,it's all i neeed for a competitve 5 iv scyther >.<

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I was just wondering since after all these eggs none of them had a perfect sp def to Cary over,it's all i neeed for a competitve 5 iv scyther >.<

Welcome to the world of breeding~

Anyway, 15 eggs is still a small number.
    Just keep at it and you'll get one eventually. ;)

edit...
    I got a question of my own as well...
    I am running out of space in my friend list on my 3DS. Already on 98/100 now. =/
    I am wondering if there is a way for us to tell if those we added have already removed us from their 3DS friend list?
    Thanks~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How is Psywave's damage calculated? I know there's this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psywave_(move) but the glaring ommission is that even with all the mathmatics and such, it still doesn't tell you what the actual damage is. Is the number that's generated the BP like normal attacking moves have, or is the number that's generated the actual damage that's being inflcited, like Night Shade or Seismic toss?

Also, is anyone else having a harder and harder time using Bulbapedia lately? I have it open while I'm typing this post and a new window popped up with some add for an Asian dating site, I closed it and a few minutes later another window popped up for some role playing game. After I closed Bulbapedia, no more windows opened up. Yes, I know the most obvious answer is malware, HOWEVER, these windows ONLY pop up when I leave Bulapdia open. And when I leave Bulbapedia open on pages that have the little banner across the bottom, audio adds are playing in the background so I have to mute my computer if I am on the page because I cannot find WHERE the audio is coming from. Again, this only happens when I am on Bulbapedia. Further to that, when I go onto the site on my phone or iPad, every few minutes (just like on my computer) the browser opens the app store and goes to the pages of various App store games even though I never tapped any of the bulbapedia banner ads, so is it just me or is anyone else having these issues when going to that site? Again, it's ONLY that site, and it's on my computer, my iphone and my iPad, it's getting to the point I'm just going to stop going to that website altogether.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    How is Psywave's damage calculated? I know there's this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psywave_(move) but the glaring ommission is that even with all the mathmatics and such, it still doesn't tell you what the actual damage is. Is the number that's generated the BP like normal attacking moves have, or is the number that's generated the actual damage that's being inflcited, like Night Shade or Seismic toss?

Also, is anyone else having a harder and harder time using Bulbapedia lately? I have it open while I'm typing this post and a new window popped up with some add for an Asian dating site, I closed it and a few minutes later another window popped up for some role playing game. After I closed Bulbapedia, no more windows opened up. Yes, I know the most obvious answer is malware, HOWEVER, these windows ONLY pop up when I leave Bulapdia open. And when I leave Bulbapedia open on pages that have the little banner across the bottom, audio adds are playing in the background so I have to mute my computer if I am on the page because I cannot find WHERE the audio is coming from. Again, this only happens when I am on Bulbapedia. Further to that, when I go onto the site on my phone or iPad, every few minutes (just like on my computer) the browser opens the app store and goes to the pages of various App store games even though I never tapped any of the bulbapedia banner ads, so is it just me or is anyone else having these issues when going to that site? Again, it's ONLY that site, and it's on my computer, my iphone and my iPad, it's getting to the point I'm just going to stop going to that website altogether.

I'm not completley sure but i think psywave damage is like magnitude which is random,i mean i could be wrong though

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    We thought it was pretty obvious. It does fixed damage depending on the level of the user, varying between 50% and 150% in 10% steps. At level 50, you will deal an amount of damage of 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 ,70 or 75; at level 100 you will deal 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 or 150 damage. That's according to the formular.

Edit: Hello? We are still here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back