• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not completley sure but i think psywave damage is like magnitude which is random,i mean i could be wrong though

no, you're correct, it is random, but I can't find a site that actually tells how the damage is calculated, at least not fully. The damage ranges between 1x and 1.5x the users level, but that still doesn't explain what number is being used to calculate the damage, is the random number the BP of the move (like how Thundershock has a BP of 40, or Flamethrower has a BP of 90) or is the random number the actual number of damage that is being inflicted (like how Night Shade always inflicts 100 HP of Damage at level 100)

We thought it was pretty obvious. It does fixed damage depending on the level of the user, varying between 50% and 150% in 10% steps. At level 50, you will deal an amount of damage of 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 ,70 or 75; at level 100 you will deal 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 or 150 damage. That's according to the formular.

Edit: Hello? We are still here!

Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it, but with all due respect if it was obvious, if people are asking questions, it obviously isn't. And who exactly is "we" on top of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Sorry, we did not mean to offend you. Our English is pretty bad so the first assumtion is that we have misunderstood bulbapedia (hence 'thought' and not 'think'). We beg you pardon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    How is Psywave's damage calculated? I know there's this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psywave_(move) but the glaring ommission is that even with all the mathmatics and such, it still doesn't tell you what the actual damage is. Is the number that's generated the BP like normal attacking moves have, or is the number that's generated the actual damage that's being inflcited, like Night Shade or Seismic toss?

It's HP damage, like Night Shade or Seismic Toss.

EDIT: If you want a source to back this up, then here you go: https://pokemondb.net/move/psywave

Also, is anyone else having a harder and harder time using Bulbapedia lately? I have it open while I'm typing this post and a new window popped up with some add for an Asian dating site, I closed it and a few minutes later another window popped up for some role playing game. After I closed Bulbapedia, no more windows opened up. Yes, I know the most obvious answer is malware, HOWEVER, these windows ONLY pop up when I leave Bulapdia open. And when I leave Bulbapedia open on pages that have the little banner across the bottom, audio adds are playing in the background so I have to mute my computer if I am on the page because I cannot find WHERE the audio is coming from. Again, this only happens when I am on Bulbapedia. Further to that, when I go onto the site on my phone or iPad, every few minutes (just like on my computer) the browser opens the app store and goes to the pages of various App store games even though I never tapped any of the bulbapedia banner ads, so is it just me or is anyone else having these issues when going to that site? Again, it's ONLY that site, and it's on my computer, my iphone and my iPad, it's getting to the point I'm just going to stop going to that website altogether.

Install AdBlock Plus on whichever browser you're using. It completely solves the problem :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Breeding Shaymin with Blissey (Pokemon X)

I'm trying to breed my Blissey with Shaymin but i'm not sure if it will work. The thing is, I want my Happiny to have the move Aromatherapy & the ability Natural Cure. Can this breeding process be done?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm trying to breed my Blissey with Shaymin but i'm not sure if it will work. The thing is, I want my Happiny to have the move Aromatherapy & the ability Natural Cure. Can this breeding process be done?

Shaymin, as are most legendaries (besides Manaphy) are part of the No Eggs Group, which means you can't breed with them. Aromatherapy you can breed from Clefable, Aromatisse or Slurpuff (although there may be more).

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
    Years
    How do I gain friends quickly so I can have a good amount of friends for my friend safari? I completed my games elite four and wish to start collecting pokemon and i have a fascination with HA pokemon so a lot of friend safaris would be great! If anyone knows some tips please help!

Thanks!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    How do I gain friends quickly so I can have a good amount of friends for my friend safari? I completed my games elite four and wish to start collecting pokemon and i have a fascination with HA pokemon so a lot of friend safaris would be great! If anyone knows some tips please help!

Thanks!

There's a sharing thread right here on Pokecommunity which will help you add new FC's to get more friend safari's. You can also message people and ask to add them! :))

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
    Hi, can some one show me the way of faster iv breeding? saw some comments on how to make the process faster...thank you!

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
    Years
    I, too, would like some info on easier IV breeding! Had to invest in a 6IV Ditto to get 5IV pokemon and it still takesa. Hell of a lot of time to get one that has those 5IVs in the ones you want + the correct nature. Any tips would be great!

Thanks!
    Styxx

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Having a 6IV Ditto is a really good start. And normally, you'll have one parent hold the Everstone (usually not the Ditto) for the correct nature, and one hold the Destiny Knot to transfer the IVs. Then basically, if you don't do this already, keep substituting the non-Ditto parent for higher IVed Pokemon as you hatch them. So say in the first 5 eggs you get one that has 3 perfect IVS. Swap that with the one in the DayCare to increase your odds. Keep doing that, because the more perfect IVs, the greater the chance the offspring will have perfect IVS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

This site is a godsend when it comes to breeding: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/440.shtml

Just scroll down to the moves listed as Egg moves then click on Details an dit will tell you which compatible parents you need in order to breed to get that particular move. It even tells you how those parents learn it (so in most cases a compatible parent just needs to be levelled up, but in some cases the compatible parents can't learn it by level up, so THEY need to have it bred onto them by their mixed parents before they can breed with the pokemon you want to get the move onto the original pokemon you wanted the move on in the first place. This would be known as chain breeding.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Reposting my question, since I got skipped. :P

I got a question of my own as well...
    I am running out of space in my friend list on my 3DS. Already on 98/100 now. =/
    I am wondering if there is a way for us to tell if those we added have already removed us from their 3DS friend list?
    Thanks~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Send a message to everybody who are in your list. Once you're done, open that message and see if these people have a mail icon on them. If they do, then that means you're still on their friends list. If not, then they might've removed you. d:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Send a message to everybody who are in your list. Once you're done, open that message and see if these people have a mail icon on them. If they do, then that means you're still on their friends list. If not, then they might've removed you. d:

follow-up question: how do i do that? o.o

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    follow-up question: how do i do that? o.o

ditto! Ever since Nintendo disables Swapnote I have desperately wanted a way to communicate with the people on my Friends List but since I made a lot of them in game (either via Animal Crossing or in the Pokemon PAssersby/Acquaintances thing) I haven't been able to cmmunicate with any of them in any way. I REALLY want to know how, please!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, whoops, my mistake; I forgot that SwapNote's been shut down. XD" Anyway, I have a question to ask you all; what would happen to your Pokémon if you have them in your PokéBank account, but don't renew your subscription? Would they get deleted, or would they still be there? If it's the latter, then for how long?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oh, whoops, my mistake; I forgot that SwapNote's been shut down. XD" Anyway, I have a question to ask you all; what would happen to your Pokémon if you have them in your PokéBank account, but don't renew your subscription? Would they get deleted, or would they still be there? If it's the latter, then for how long?

The Pokemon will still be in the Bank if you don't renew your subscription, but they'll eventually be deleted. I don't know how long exactly, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Can't get pokebank free trial

Hey, I'm trying to get the free trial of the Pokemon Bank, but the option isn't there.
    I'm from Perth Australia and there's only 2 hours left of 14/Mar/2014.
    Is there a support website I can use that could help with my issue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back