• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ditto! Ever since Nintendo disables Swapnote I have desperately wanted a way to communicate with the people on my Friends List but since I made a lot of them in game (either via Animal Crossing or in the Pokemon PAssersby/Acquaintances thing) I haven't been able to cmmunicate with any of them in any way. I REALLY want to know how, please!

I went to ask my question in the Nintendo 3DS forums, and this is what they replied...
    for your 3ds friend list, try writing down their friend code, then delete them and re-add them, if it asks you for their mii name then they deleted you
    sounds like it's going to be a lot of work. -,-
    zzz...

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hey guys so right now im breeding a competitive chimchar,what would be a good competitive ev spread and nature for it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey guys so right now im breeding a competitive chimchar,what would be a good competitive ev spread and nature for it?

Infernape is commonly mixed:
    -Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Thunder Punch
    -U-turn/Thunder Punch/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 212 Atk/44 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Free trial doesn't. And judging by that link, Pokemon timezone is set to East Coast AU. So I'm boned. Oh well.
    Thanks for the response :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Does Psystrike work the same way as Psyshock?
    It just 1 hitted my Specialy defensive Sylveon, called Steve.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Hey guys so right now im breeding a competitive chimchar,what would be a good competitive ev spread and nature for it?
    Let us elaborate Infornape for you.

Infernape is commonly used as a fast mixed attacker, mostly because it has tough competition outside of his niche. Therefore, we really recommend you to breed a straight flawless one. The preferred nature is Naive, not Hasty; Infernape really has to stress the 'fast' is fast mixed attacker, which means that it will be hit by priority moves most of the times which are mostly physical aligned. In Singles, you also can try out setup sweeping.
    As for egg moves: If you plan to use it in Doubles, make sure that Fake Out and Heat Wave is in your movepool. In the last two slots you can take Encore, Helping Hand or Quick Guard, depending on your preferences. A Singles Infernape only needs Encore and Thunder Punch as egg moves but should also try to force Nasty Plot onto its initial movepool (by having both mother and father know it) in order to forget and remember it later at a whim.

Now you have to decide on LV 50 or LV100. Pokemon Showdown use LV 100 mons, but because you want to breed it, we will give you LV 50 sets.

Mixed SD Nape

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Grass Knot

Remember this one being outclassed by Terrakion? This is no longer the case because Infernape can nuke itself past Aegislash, something Terrakion struggles with. Grass Knot provides you a crucial advangage over one of SD-Terrakion's nemesis from the last gen.

0- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 203-244 (100.4 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Remember to breed for perfect IVs.

Mixed Doubles Nape

Infernape @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 Spd / 116 Atk / 140 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Heat Wave
    - Fake Out
    - Protect / Rock Slide

We think this is a fair spread. Infernape can provide valuable Fake Out support and has enough power to OHKO Chople-Tyranitar 40% of the times. Heat Wave is a medium powerful spread move that should be utilized alongside with Drought from Charizard Y for great effect (no matter if it is yours or not).
    The last move depends on your preference. Protect is a staple filler in Doubles. Should you choose to run Rock Slide for opposing Charizards it is strongly recommended to use Rock Slide for a straight OHKO.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Cresselia

I got to place 44 in super single battles in battle mansion and guess who kicks my 3 pokemon asses?
    yes thats right- cresselia. it didn't even attack them! just poisoned them and kept healing its self.
    so pissed off=/

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Yep, Cresselia's a brick wall. Her defenses are very high and she can heal, so she's perfect for Toxic Stalling. The best way to bring her down is with a powerful bug type like Escavalier, Mega Pinsir, or Mega Heracross.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Yep, Cresselia's a brick wall. Her defenses are very high and she can heal, so she's perfect for Toxic Stalling. The best way to bring her down is with a powerful bug type like Escavalier, Mega Pinsir, or Mega Heracross.

it's just so annoying to get this far and lose to such a pokemon. hate her XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Infernape is commonly mixed:
    -Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden Power (Ice)/Thunder Punch
    -U-turn/Thunder Punch/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 212 Atk/44 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

You know that even though you suggested mixed, the ONLY move on that entire list that's Special is Hidden Power, right? Everything else is physical, so if someone doesn't use Hidden Power (which I know from experience to ACTUALLY breed a specific hidden power onto a pokemon rather than simply use an emulator, hacking device or online simulator, is a huge pain in the butt) Then they'd be going full on physical.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • You know that even though you suggested mixed, the ONLY move on that entire list that's Special is Hidden Power, right? Everything else is physical, so if someone doesn't use Hidden Power (which I know from experience to ACTUALLY breed a specific hidden power onto a pokemon rather than simply use an emulator, hacking device or online simulator, is a huge pain in the butt) Then they'd be going full on physical.

Fire Blast is special based as well. Just fyi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2022
    Wouldn't shiny genderless Kalos born Pokemon be more valuable than shiny 6th gen Pokemon?

Genderless Pokemon can't be MM'd so wouldn't they be more valuable than 6th gen pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Fire Blast is special based as well. Just fyi.

Oh yeah, I didn't see that for some reason. Sorry!

Genderless Pokemon can't be MM'd so wouldn't they be more valuable than 6th gen pokemon?

Where'd you hear that? Genderless absolutely can be bred and therefore MM'd (which I had to google to even know what it is, i hate how people use abbreviations like everyone automatically knows what they mean) it's LEGENDARIES that can't be bred, but genderless pokemon (Beldum line, Baltoy line, Rotom, Starmie line, etc, etc, etc) all absolutely can be bred every bit as much as Pikachu, Caterpie, or any other pokemon. All you need is a Ditto.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What stats are preferable to have a 00 IV in? I got a Ditto in wonder trade that had a 00 in Sp Att and I started wondering if I should be looking for Dittos with a 00 in a stat and if so, which ones?

Obviously there is the benefit of having a speed stat in 00 for moves like Gyro Ball or for Trick Room, and there's the benefit of having an Att stat of 00 for pokemon like Wobbuffet (who have a timid nature and if they get confused won't hurt themselves as much) so are there any other stats that would benefit from a 00 IV, or would those pretty much be the only two? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What stats are preferable to have a 00 IV in? I got a Ditto in wonder trade that had a 00 in Sp Att and I started wondering if I should be looking for Dittos with a 00 in a stat and if so, which ones?

Obviously there is the benefit of having a speed stat in 00 for moves like Gyro Ball or for Trick Room, and there's the benefit of having an Att stat of 00 for pokemon like Wobbuffet (who have a timid nature and if they get confused won't hurt themselves as much) so are there any other stats that would benefit from a 00 IV, or would those pretty much be the only two? Thanks!
    From the competitive standpoint, those are the only stats you will ever see as low as possible. There is this gimmiky Sash-Reversal Lucario who supposed to have 0 HP, Def and SDef, but this one is pretty unreliable and in our opinion inferior to the normal SD set.

But because this the general XY forum we will give you another option. We have a Magikarp with 0/0/0/0/0/0 as IVs. When combined with another one with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs, you will be able to find out the inheritance of an egg simply by checking its IVs at Kiloude City.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You know how you get a certificate for catching all the Pokemon in each of the 4 'dexes (Central, Coastal, Mountain, National)? Where does said certificate(s) appear?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back