• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Let us elaborate Infornape for you.

Infernape is commonly used as a fast mixed attacker, mostly because it has tough competition outside of his niche. Therefore, we really recommend you to breed a straight flawless one. The preferred nature is Naive, not Hasty; Infernape really has to stress the 'fast' is fast mixed attacker, which means that it will be hit by priority moves most of the times which are mostly physical aligned. In Singles, you also can try out setup sweeping.
    As for egg moves: If you plan to use it in Doubles, make sure that Fake Out and Heat Wave is in your movepool. In the last two slots you can take Encore, Helping Hand or Quick Guard, depending on your preferences. A Singles Infernape only needs Encore and Thunder Punch as egg moves but should also try to force Nasty Plot onto its initial movepool (by having both mother and father know it) in order to forget and remember it later at a whim.

Now you have to decide on LV 50 or LV100. Pokemon Showdown use LV 100 mons, but because you want to breed it, we will give you LV 50 sets.

Mixed SD Nape

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Grass Knot

Remember this one being outclassed by Terrakion? This is no longer the case because Infernape can nuke itself past Aegislash, something Terrakion struggles with. Grass Knot provides you a crucial advangage over one of SD-Terrakion's nemesis from the last gen.

0- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 203-244 (100.4 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Remember to breed for perfect IVs.

Mixed Doubles Nape

Infernape @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 Spd / 116 Atk / 140 SAtk
    Naive Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Heat Wave
    - Fake Out
    - Protect / Rock Slide

We think this is a fair spread. Infernape can provide valuable Fake Out support and has enough power to OHKO Chople-Tyranitar 40% of the times. Heat Wave is a medium powerful spread move that should be utilized alongside with Drought from Charizard Y for great effect (no matter if it is yours or not).
    The last move depends on your preference. Protect is a staple filler in Doubles. Should you choose to run Rock Slide for opposing Charizards it is strongly recommended to use Rock Slide for a straight OHKO.

I might try those but what about an iron fist infernape?
    I was thinking naive nature with
    -Mach punch(STAB,iron fist)
    -thunder punch(coverage,iron fist)
    -flare blitz(power)/fire punch(stab,iron fists)
    -fire blast/heatwave(for sp.def walls)/close combat(power and stab)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I might try those but what about an iron fist infernape?
    I was thinking naive nature with
    -Mach punch(STAB,iron fist)
    -thunder punch(coverage,iron fist)
    -flare blitz(power)/fire punch(stab,iron fists)
    -fire blast/heatwave(for sp.def walls)/close combat(power and stab)
    Possible, although most things faster than Infernape resist Mach Punch, so we don't find it immensly useful; better replace it with Close Combat. Thunder Punch is a pretty neat move you can catch common Talonflames on a switch-ins in Singles and it also si the strongest option against Azumarril. Fire Punch lacks a lot of punch, despite its name, you should stay with Flare Blitz We would change the nature to Jolly and replace Fire Blast with U-Turn, though.

Iron Fist is not very usable in Doubles, because Infernape should dedicate one moveslot to Fake Out, which does not leave you with a lot of coverage and because Charizard Y is so common, you are better off with Rock Slide or Stone Edge (or simply Protect).

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Possible, although most things faster than Infernape resist Mach Punch, so we don't find it immensly useful; better replace it with Close Combat. Thunder Punch is a pretty neat move you can catch common Talonflames on a switch-ins in Singles and it also si the strongest option against Azumarril. Fire Punch lacks a lot of punch, despite its name, you should stay with Flare Blitz We would change the nature to Jolly and replace Fire Blast with U-Turn, though.

Iron Fist is not very usable in Doubles, because Infernape should dedicate one moveslot to Fake Out, which does not leave you with a lot of coverage and because Charizard Y is so common, you are better off with Rock Slide or Stone Edge (or simply Protect).

To be honest,im bad at doubles so im actually building a singles team only right now

And thnx il use this then
    Iron fist
    Jolly
    Close combat
    Thunder punch
    Fire punch
    U turn

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    To be honest,im bad at doubles so im actually building a singles team only right now

And thnx il use this then
    Iron fist
    Jolly
    Close combat
    Thunder punch
    Fire punch
    U turn
    Note: Iron Fist Pire Punch has a BP of 90, while Flare Blitz still sits on a comfortable 120. This bit of extra power is needed to net quite a few key KOs.

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 164-195 (98.2 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252 Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Infernape Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 125-148 (74.8 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Note: Iron Fist Pire Punch has a BP of 90, while Flare Blitz still sits on a comfortable 120. This bit of extra power is needed to net quite a few key KOs.

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 164-195 (98.2 - 116.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252 Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Infernape Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 125-148 (74.8 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Hm,wierd i swore i wrote flare blitz o.O and thnx i was going with flare blitz anyway i guess it slipped my mind

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    Could you please help me out?

So, I have been done with the game for a while and figured I should start playing competitively. I decided I would use a Tyranitar on my team and found that I needed a tyrantiarite. I looked up on where to find it and. to my surprise, it wasn't there. I could've swore I picked it up whenever I beat that badge but whatever the case it was nowhere to to be found. I checked every pokemon in my pc but none was holding the tyranitarite. To my horror, there is no way to buy this in the store and when I went to the Global trade no one was offering it for all of his evolsions.

What I'm getting at is could someone give me a tyranitarite? I will give away a chikorita, cyndaquil, growlithe, and charmander to compensate. This would mean the world to me.

My friend code is 2895-8116-0694

I also believe that on the friend safari that I have ground when you are my friend.

I mean the mega-stone I already have a tyranitar

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Have you upgraded your mega ring yet? And the time should be 8-9 or else it won't be there. If still not then idk why. And sorry i only have access to aggronite

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, but you can upgrade your mega ring? I will get on that. The same thing happened to my friend who wanted an agron and the same thing happened to him.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, but you can upgrade your mega ring? I will get on that. The same thing happened to my friend who wanted an agron and the same thing happened to him.

No worries about that,i just do lots of research :3 just do a few battles on battle Maison on kiloude city and your rival should appear on the water thingy part on the north of kiloude,fight her and go from there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    Thanks man, you're awesome. How many battles do I have to fight though if you mind me asking?

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Thanks man, you're awesome. How many battles do I have to fight though if you mind me asking?

I think it doesn't matter,but I did a 5 streak win before leaving the battle Maison and rival appeared,and I think the time is only 8-9 pm when they appear after upgrading the mega ring

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2014
    I just finished doing what you said and it worked fine. I'm off to look for that list and do it between eight and nine o clock. I can't say this enough but, thanks man you've been a Godsend.

XpokeX

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I just finished doing what you said and it worked fine. I'm off to look for that list and do it between eight and nine o clock. I can't say this enough but, thanks man you've been a Godsend.

Again,no problem :) and hope you get the tyranitarite,mega tyranitar looks absolutely awesome :D

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • I think it doesn't matter,but I did a 5 streak win before leaving the battle Maison and rival appeared,and I think the time is only 8-9 pm when they appear after upgrading the mega ring
    I know this has been answered, but I'd like to elaborate a bit more on this - you only need to do 1 battle in the Maison. You can just go in, win one, and retire, and your rival will appear.

Asteilogos

Just a Lucky Trainer
    Years
  • Tips on flying types

Hello, I just recently bought the game and I want to do a monotype team of birds and flying types....can you guys give me some tips or recomendations or strategy I could use?

Thank You. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hello, I just recently bought the game and I want to do a monotype team of birds and flying types....can you guys give me some tips or recomendations or strategy I could use?

Thank You. :)

One Pokémon you should try is Talonflame. If it's got Gale Wings, it should be able to cause some major having with attacks like Brave Bird. :] Plus, it has access to Swords Dance and Roost as well, which are very useful. For EV spread, I would suggest 252 Attack, 248 Speed, and 8 HP.

Years
  • Alongside Peitharchia's suggestion on Talonflame, here's some other good Flying-types you can use:

Aerodactyl - You can revive it from an Old Amber, which is easily obtained through smashing rocks in the area of Glittering Cave where you first fight Team Flare. Be warned, sometimes Dwebble or Onix show up in those rocks and you can always go back and forth between there and the passage if you don't get an Old Amber so the rocks reappear and you can try again. The Rock Smash TM can be obtained from a lady near Ambrette Town's Pokemon Center. You can also get its Mega Stone from a scientist in the fossil lab. Pretty good Pokemon I have to admit.

Sigilyph - The dual Psychic/Flying type can be handy for dealing with a lot of things plus it has some good variety in its TM moves, including Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam and Dazzling Gleam, along with its usual Psychic and Flying moves. It also has some good stats for a Pokemon that doesn't evolve, and Magic Guard is a nice ability on it. It can be caught on Route 10, around the second Gym.

That's some of the good ones I remember, but do remember the Pokedex in Kalos is pretty big so there's some good variety available even before beating the Elite Four.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back