• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Discount Coupon info, for those who want to know. This is from the PokeMileage Club website. I bolded the part that I think many people will ask about.

Also head to the PokéMileage Club to claim your Discount Coupon, an in-game item that will help you afford some of those pricy clothes you've seen in the many boutiques around the Kalos region. The Discount Coupon is usable only once and will give you 50% off the cost of any one transaction in a store, so choose what to spend it on wisely. Note that you can purchase multiple items in one transaction by choosing what to buy inside a fitting room. The Discount Coupon isn't available via normal gameplay, and you have only until 2:59 p.m. EST / 7:59 p.m. GMT March 3rd, 2014, to visit the PokéMileage Club and receive the coupon, so don't wait!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    How important are EVs?

If a Pokemon spends its entire life (to lv 100) in the day care, will there be a big difference between one that was trained the old fashioned way?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Think of EVs as bonus points applied to your pokémon's stats. With maxed out EVs, a pokemon at lvl.100 will have 128 extra stat points in whatever areas you apply them in.

63 extra points of Attack or Defense or Speed can make a huge difference in a competitive setting.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2014
    I might get pokemon x and y for my birthday.

What do you think is the best one? Pokemon X or Y?

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • What Timbjerr said. I like X more simply because Xerneas looks pretty nice, not as bad ass as Yvelta but it has less weaknesses compared to Yvelta IMO. Others go for Y due to how Yvelta looks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2014
    I may just get both of them, or get pokemon X since I like mega charazard X (sorry if I spelt that wrong!). He is my fav mega evaluation.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • i got why for yvelta, and stayed for the exclusives. Dragalge mainly. poison dragon is awesome. however, you can get anything you want/need on gts, so it doesnt matter

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Do you want Jesus Bambi story or Harbinger of Death story? There's slightly different text I think, since both legendaries are opposite of each other.

Reactions: Nah

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Breeding has become an absolute nightmare, so I've been looking for new methods. My friend showed me Time Machine Breeding yesterday, and I've been trying it since then with no luck at all. Does this method still work? If it does, I'd like to ask some questions about it.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Breeding has become an absolute nightmare, so I've been looking for new methods. My friend showed me Time Machine Breeding yesterday, and I've been trying it since then with no luck at all. Does this method still work? If it does, I'd like to ask some questions about it.

Yes it still works. here's a video that better explains it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL1PtXHDzFU
    Rewind back to the beginning. some reason that link starts it in the middle (at least for me)

P.S. you can speed things up by skipping the Battle Institute, if you have a 2nd DS with pokemon, or have a friend willing to help. just initiate a battle. that will also level pokemon to level 50.. or you can be an A*s, and start a battle on Battle Spot, retrieve the stats, then just forfeit the battle.
    Either method saves you a ton of travel time back and forth from the daycare to battle institute.

What do you think is the best one? Pokemon X or Y?

Xerneas can One-Shot Yveltal.. Nuff Said.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Am I doing something wrong? :(

Hey guys
    I just began learning about competitive play, and the first Pokemon I'm trying to perfect is a Greninja.
    I have a female Timid, Protean Froakie with 31 IVs in Defense, SP Def, and Speed. So that's great. But, I want it to also have 31 in HP and especially 31 in Attack. I bred it with a male Dragalge that had 31 in HP, while holding a Destiny Knot. The Froakie held an Everstone to pass down its Timid nature.

What I got were extremely random Froakies, with no perfect IVs at all! Did I do something wrong? :O I'm getting really irritated because I spent hours...wasted hours.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Sounds like you just got really bad luck there. =/

The Destiny Knot only guarentees that 5 IVs WILL be from either of the parents, not that there will be any perfect IVs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    You're doing it right as I can see, it's just purely random which IV's are selected. The Destiny knot gaurantees that 5 of the IV's are passed and not necessarily the maxed ones.

I was breeding feebas a week or so ago. The feebas had max IV's in HP, Def, and SpAtt, the Ditto I was breeding it with had SpDef and Speed. Out of nearly 100 feebas eggs hatched I didn't get a single one with the 5 maxed IV's that I wanted. I just kept getting ones that continuously lacked 1 or more of the IV's.

I Gave up in the end, the Destiny knot helps but it's still entirely random which 5 out of the 6 possible IV's from either of parents will be chosen.

What I should have done is bred the Feebas and the Ditto until I had 2 feebas of opposing sexes each with 4/5 maxed IV's. Then bred those together. But I don't really take part in any kind of competitive play so it matters very little to me.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Yes it still works. here's a video that better explains it.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL1PtXHDzFU
    Rewind back to the beginning. some reason that link starts it in the middle (at least for me)

P.S. you can speed things up by skipping the Battle Institute, if you have a 2nd DS with pokemon, or have a friend willing to help. just initiate a battle. that will also level pokemon to level 50.. or you can be an A*s, and start a battle on Battle Spot, retrieve the stats, then just forfeit the battle.
    Either method saves you a ton of travel time back and forth from the daycare to battle institute.

I see! Well, I might just have atrocious luck. Might i ask you a question, then?

I hatched my predicted egg, and saw the female yielded HP, Sp.Def, and Speed. The male yielded Attack and Defense, Sp. Atk being the wildcard.

I put in a male Arcanine with HP, Atk, Def, and Sp. Def IVs. I also put in a Ditto with HP, Sp. Def and Speed IVs to serve as the female. So I should have gotten all except special attack--the dream Growlithe I've been hatching hundreds upon hundreds of eggs for...

The baby only came out with Attack and Sp. Def IVs.

What happened? Was it because the male had HP and Sp. Def IVs too, so it screwed it up or something? My friend who showed me the method said no, but it happened anyway...

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Can't Register my Pokemon Y Game Card

I'm kind of having trouble. I went to the Game Sync site and after I typed the ID number I got a bit stuck cause I don't see anything on the page to click to go to the next step of Registering my Y game. Dose any else had this problem or know what I need to do to get to the next step. I'd tried to send a support ticket but I haven't got anything yet back from them.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Give them a week to respond is my suggestion. Sometimes it takes them a while to respond. Are you sure that you didnt have a y game all ready registered

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back