• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Just because 2 Pokemon are related doesn't mean that one evolves into the other. See: Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Or it could be similar the legendary beast story: Ho-Oh reincarnated three Pokemon (presumably the Kanto Eeveelutions, dunno about that one) who died in the Burned Tower into the legendary beasts.

You forgot that Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan evolve from the same Pokemon .
    And We don't know that three Pokemon revived by Ho-Oh ! May be they were Entei , Suikun & Raiku form the start . After all , there are Multiple Legendary Beast .

Its clearly said that , Diancle is born when carbink goes though a strange transformation.
    In other word , Carbink become a Diancle !!!
    Its sound more like a Evolution to me .

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Just because 2 Pokemon are related doesn't mean that one evolves into the other. See: Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Or it could be similar the legendary beast story: Ho-Oh reincarnated three Pokemon (presumably the Kanto Eeveelutions, dunno about that one) who died in the Burned Tower into the legendary beasts.

the problem with that comparison is that Hitmonchan isn't created when Hitmonlee goes through a strange transformation. Not only does that site specifically stat that Diancie is created when Carbink undergoes a strange mutation, the included poked entry on that page actually states: "A sudden transformation of Carbink…" so it literally states Diancie is an evolution of Carbink. And Famon makes an excellent point, no one ever said Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion were legendary pokemon, we all just simply assumed they were legendaries because they couldn't b found in the wild.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm pretty sure that Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa are all legendaries. Why hide non-legendary pokes from us?

It's probably best to hold off the speculation until we have more info.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm pretty sure that Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa are all legendaries. Why hide non-legendary pokes from us?

It's probably best to hold off the speculation until we have more info.

Could be a reverse Ruby/Saphire/Emerald thing, in which there were pokemon in Ruby and Saphire that weren't in Emerald. perhaps they're doing the opposite now and having pokemon that aren't in X or Y that will appear in Z (or in this case a movie)

sure we COULD hold off on speculation till we get more information, but how long is it going to be till the next movie is out? Or that mystery Wii U game that may or may not exist? Information isn't exactly given in a timely fashion with Gamefreak, so why NOT speculate?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    How do you start a new game?
    I don't see a "New Game" option like in previous versions....

Press Up + B + X during the opening sequence. It was like this in the last two generations too (although with a different button combination).

EDIT: Well, technically there WAS a "New Game" option in the past two generations, but you couldn't save a new game unless you'd pressed the button combination to delete the save data. I think it makes more sense the way it is now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    any tips on IV breeding Wobbuffet? I'm trying to breed it with Encore so of course that means I MUST hold a Lax Incense. It's 6IV (non Wobbuffet) partner in daycare is holding Destiny Knot so of course I need to breed without the benefit of the Everstone to get a Timid nature. Out of 60 eggs I've only gotten a timid nature ONCE and it was on a female which I do not want (I HATE that stupid lipstick thing they have on female wobbuffets) so is there anything I can do to help anything? If I bred two wynauts and evolved them to wobbuffet so they both had encore, could I then breed without the lax incense to get a wobbuffet but with Encore since they both knew the move, or is that just not possible?

If not, is there anything I could be doing to help get a Timid natured Wynaut while one of the parents holds a Destiny Knot, or do I just keep doing this over and over and over until I hopefully happen to get one with a timid nature? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    If I bred two wynauts and evolved them to wobbuffet so they both had encore, could I then breed without the lax incense to get a wobbuffet but with Encore since they both knew the move, or is that just not possible?

No, this wouldn't work, since it isn't an Egg Move or Level-Up Move for Wobbuffet.

If not, is there anything I could be doing to help get a Timid natured Wynaut while one of the parents holds a Destiny Knot, or do I just keep doing this over and over and over until I hopefully happen to get one with a timid nature? Thanks!

I feel your pain, but there's nothing extra you can do. You'll just have to keep churning out those eggs.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • The description of the shiny charm states that it increases "the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild."

I'm assuming this means it will have no effect whatsoever on Masuda Method breeding? Can anyone confirm this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The description of the shiny charm states that it increases "the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild."

I'm assuming this means it will have no effect whatsoever on Masuda Method breeding? Can anyone confirm this?

The Japanese description is exactly the same as in the previous generation, so I expect it will work in exactly the same way. I'm not sure why the translators chose to phrase it like that this time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I was looking around the items page on Bulbapedia, and saw an item called "Snowball". Apparently its a hold item that raises the Attack of a Pokemon by one stage if hit by an Ice attack. It says you can get it as one of those after battle itemsby using Hyper Voice or Rock Slide when there's a pile of snow in the background. I've never heard of this item before. Has anyone gotten a Snowball before?

Oh and here's the page. Look between Scope Lens and Wide Lens in the Power Boosters sub-section: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-battle_effect_item

There's also another item on the list thats called "Luminous Moss", which is the same thing but for Sp.Defense and in Relfecting Cave (mossy rocks).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's a bunch of items you can get by using specific moves in certain battle locations.

I've never gotten one myself but there's a nice full list at https://www.serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

:)

I knew that you could get items that way, its just I'd never heard of the snowball or moss items before.

But looking at that list, there's a few interesting items to be obtained, namely the evolutionary stones and some berries.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Press Up + B + X during the opening sequence. It was like this in the last two generations too (although with a different button combination).

EDIT: Well, technically there WAS a "New Game" option in the past two generations, but you couldn't save a new game unless you'd pressed the button combination to delete the save data. I think it makes more sense the way it is now.

Thanks. I don't think I'll do it yet though. I want to be 100% sure that I can get my current Pokemon back on my new game using the PokeBank. Unfortunately it deletes the save =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Quick question; does PokéBank work for only one version of X/Y, or could you use it with as many as you like? For example, say, if I used Bank on Y already and get Pokémon X later on, would I be able to use it on that, too? Or will they block me?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Quick question; does PokéBank work for only one version of X/Y, or could you use it with as many as you like? For example, say, if I used Bank on Y already and get Pokémon X later on, would I be able to use it on that, too? Or will they block me?

will work for all. no matter if you have multiple copies of the same game, or the different variants :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    will work for all. no matter if you have multiple copies of the same game, or the different variants :P

Ah, okay, thanks. :) Been planning to buy X version sometime next week, so was just making sure before I proceed and whatnot.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Question for anyone with a battle Pokemon with the ability Unnerve.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unnerve

Is Unnerve broken in X&Y?

There are 19 Pokemon total that can have this ability, mostly hidden, and it is a great ability to have in battle as it's suppose to "cause the opponent to be unable to eat its own held Berry". so it's great to stop berries such as Chesto (for rest users), and stop Pokemon from gaining health back with Sitrus berries.

I personally use a JPN event exclusive Mewtwo on my team who has this hidden ability, however I discovered even though I send Mewtwo out in battle, and it does actually flash his ability on the side and state "the opposing team is too nervous to eat any berries", however it appears to be broken because their berry still works (sitrus regains health, chesto wakes them up, etc) while Mewtwo is actively standing across from them.. regardless if Mewtwo was sent out before or after them. Probably an overlooked bug/glitch?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unnerve is supposed to block all consumption of berries for your opponent if I'm not mistaken, but since it isn't working for you, I would definitely say it's a glitch. Personally, though, I've never experienced this. d: I'm not sure, but maybe it's got something to do with your Mewtwo being Japanese?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back