• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    Question about Deoxys

Hello, so I've bee searching for a 6IV attack form Deoxys (jolly) with the move meteor mash, yet for some reason, none that I have seen have the move. How can I obtain meteor mash on Deoxys?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hello, so I've bee searching for a 6IV attack form Deoxys (jolly) with the move meteor mash, yet for some reason, none that I have seen have the move. How can I obtain meteor mash on Deoxys?

it was a special giveaway only pokemon from the Pokemon Ranger Tracks of Light movie (I'm presuming it's a movie, going by the description of how to get the move in Serebii). The only way to get a Deoxys with Meteor MAsh is to not only get the one given away at that movie (and since it was a Diamond/pearl era giveaway, it was at least 4 years ago) but it would also need to be the attack form that was given away, not any of the other forms.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    Is it worth it to buy X now?

Hi,

Is it worth the money to buy Pokémon X, almost 10 months later than the release date.

I have only enough money for 1 game, should i buy Black 2 or X? (I have currently finished Black 1).

Thanks,

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Well do you have a Nintendo 3DS? If you do, then buy Pokemon X!

Although Pokemon Black 2 had better post game content, I enjoyed playing through Pokemon X more. The 3D features you experience in Pokemon X really did revolutionize the series graphics wise and the features the such as Pokemon Amie and Super Training made the game really fun. Furthermore, the Friend Safari and Wonder Trade make the game really great as well. If you have the Nintendo 3DS, you need to experience Pokemon X first, then if you have any money after go buy Pokemon Black 2.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Like the previous post, IF you have a 3DS DEFINITELY buy Pokemon X! :D It's totally worth it!

I think it's a great game, I did like Black/White/Black2/White2 too, but there are so many more cool stuff and features in Pokemon X that just keeps me playing and absolutely hooked to this game :)
    Even post-game there is, in my opinion, so much stuff left to do! :) Pokemon X offers a whole new experience and tons of great Items, Pokemon, Features and an entire new story you would love to dive into :)

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Don't forget that the wifi features for gen 5 games had shut down at 20th of May, so if you want to play against other pokemon players or collect all the pokemon, then you are better off buying xy games rather than bw2.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    I only bought my copy of X a couple of weeks ago and it was totally worth it. :) The game is so much fun, and there's a lot to do once you complete it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi,

Is it worth the money to buy Pokémon X, almost 10 months later than the release date.

I have only enough money for 1 game, should i buy Black 2 or X? (I have currently finished Black 1).

Thanks,
    I like how not even 8 months is equal to almost 10 months! (oct 12 was the release date) but keep in mind, if previous games were any indication (such as ruby/Saphire and Emerald) certain pokemon that were in the first two games were not in the third game, currently (not counting legendaries) you can get all pokemon except 22 lines (which are very easy to get via the GTS) and the next pokemon game (ruby and saphire remakes) are 6 months away so you can get no pokemon game, or get these ones and breed, send a bunch to pokemon bank (particularly the legendaries) restart and collect more rare pokemon and save them to trade in future games. Plus you can breed, collect items and stockpile all kinds of good stuff so when the new games come out you are already prepared with the eventual new players that come with the new games and have all kinds of good items and egg moved, flawless IV bred pokemon to show the new players what's what ;-)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ok thank you, if I still dont get it, can I PM you
    Of course you can PM me. I may be a bit slow to respond though; my internet time is gonna be a bit limited for the next month or so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Are you able to change on/off mega evolution animation?

Some people need to have a lot of battles and don't want to always get it to repeat - would it be possible to turn off the whole animation?

Some people want to see the awesome animation - would it be possible to not skip the mega ring part of the animation?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Good question. I've spent like 300 hours at the Battle Maison and Do not want to wait that long every time. It looses that special feeling when you do like a 20 battles in a row.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2014
    should i give it speed and attack?
    or health and defense?
    what should i use for its full potential?

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
    Pokeradar Chaining? Encounter Opower?

Okay so I was curious if anyone had tried using the Encounter O-power to chain a shiny. Now i do understand that the Pokeradar chain is broken when using any thing on the PSS. But what if it was used before starting the chain or using the Pokeradar. Could it possibly increase the encounter of a Shiny Pokemon? Could it possibly increase the odds during the 3 mins its active? Also I figured since like the Repels all it does when its finished is display a text saying: "Encounter power level: (*) Finished" or whatever(cant quite think of what exactly it says ATM) it would not break the chain. So my final questions are: Has anyone tried it? Or, does anyone know if it does increase odds? And if not can you explain why?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    No, I don't think this will work because Encounter O-Powers only affect regular encounters from walking in the grass. The Pokeradar is completely different due to the fact wild encounters are triggered some other way than just walking around.

But, it would have been a really nice workaround though :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Blazikenite?

So.

I am going to buy pokemon x very soon, and well, i was kinda hopeing to be able to get a blazkenite, but was wondering: Is there still no way of getting it? Aside from the giveaway in the beginnig of the release? If not, would anyone have a spare they do not use and would give it? As you probably would know i can't trade anything since i dont have the game yet. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Sadly, the only way to currently get a Blazikenite is to trade with someone who has one, as the event for it only ran from October 12th 2013 to January 15th 2014.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if it became available in ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2014
    Can I keep my Pokemon?

I am wanting to start a new save and I have a ton of Shiny legendaries and other things but can I keep them if I put them in the Pokemon bank? If not I won't start over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back