• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
  • Which Hidden Moves are necessary for completion of the game?

How much easier does the game become if using the EXP. Share?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Which Hidden Moves are necessary for completion of the game?

How much easier does the game become if using the EXP. Share?

Thank you in advance.

Fly, Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Cut.

A lot easier, because the new EXP Share mechanic gives a little experience to every Pokemon on your team after every Pokemon defeated. It's no longer a held item, but rather an item you turn on/off.

Years
  • How is the EXP given through the EXP Share divided?

So, the Pokemon that fought in the battle receive 100% of the experience, and then all the other Pokemon on your team receives 50% of the experience. Makes for a high-leveled team without trying at all, and if you want to breeze through the game without much difficulty, the EXP Share is the way to go.

As a quick side note, in Kalos you also get experience when you capture a Pokemon, as if you defeated it! Neat, huh :]

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, and how does this work ? And what's battle Maison :P?
    I suck at explaining EVs and EV training, so read this page: https://www.marriland.com/black_white/3906-how-to-ev-train

While it says its for Black and White, EV training hasn't really changed much since then, so you'll still get the gist of it.

The Battle Maison is Kalos's main battle facility, and is located in Kiloude City (which is only available after defeating the Champion). The idea there is to test your skill in battle and get as long of a win streak as possible. The opponents can be tough, but you get BP for each win, which can be used to buy items at the front desks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    I suck at explaining EVs and EV training, so read this page: https://www.marriland.com/black_white/3906-how-to-ev-train

While it says its for Black and White, EV training hasn't really changed much since then, so you'll still get the gist of it.

The Battle Maison is Kalos's main battle facility, and is located in Kiloude City (which is only available after defeating the Champion). The idea there is to test your skill in battle and get as long of a win streak as possible. The opponents can be tough, but you get BP for each win, which can be used to buy items at the front desks.

Okay, thanks ! I'm so struggling with the whole new Pokémons, I still get my butt handed to me by a few trainers due to the new Pokémon and then the Dual type wiping my Magmar's ass because it's a ground type or rock type :(.

Also I'm struggling with picking my team.. Should I keep Haunter in my team all the time, or is it kind of useless ?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, thanks ! I'm so struggling with the whole new Pokémons, I still get my butt handed to me by a few trainers due to the new Pokémon and then the Dual type wiping my Magmar's ass because it's a ground type or rock type :(.

Also I'm struggling with picking my team.. Should I keep Haunter in my team all the time, or is it kind of useless ?
    Nah, Haunter's not bad at all. Though you'll wanna evolve it into Gengar if you can.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Do you have to complete the pokedex for x and y in order to transfer your pokemon from black 1&2 and white 1&2 or can you just stick them in the pokebank app and transfer them?

Years
  • Do you have to complete the pokedex for x and y in order to transfer your pokemon from black 1&2 and white 1&2 or can you just stick them in the pokebank app and transfer them?

You don't need to complete the Pokdex. All you need is just the 5th Gen game and the Pokemon Bank app.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What level should my Pokémon approximately be when I reach the Pokémon League? What exactly does the 'Pokémon Bank' do?
    Low to mid 60's is a good level for the Pokemon League in X/Y.

The Pokemon Bank is basically a cloud storage system for the games. You can store up to 3000 Pokemon in the Bank, and the interface is similar to a PC. It costs $5 a year to have the Bank. You can also get the Pokemon Transporter for free, which requires the Bank in order to function. The Transporter is for sending Pokemon from Gen 5 games to Gen 6 games.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • Low to mid 60's is a good level for the Pokemon League in X/Y.

The Pokemon Bank is basically a cloud storage system for the games. You can store up to 3000 Pokemon in the Bank, and the interface is similar to a PC. It costs $5 a year to have the Bank. You can also get the Pokemon Transporter for free, which requires the Bank in order to function. The Transporter is for sending Pokemon from Gen 5 games to Gen 6 games.

$5 dollars a year is quite steep to store your Pokémon. Are there ever any offers which have certain discounts?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    $5 dollars a year is quite steep to store your Pokémon. Are there ever any offers which have certain discounts?

I've never heard of any discounts for the Bank. It was free for a little while after its release, but other than that, there's been no discounts that I've heard of. And $5 a year isn't expensive at all. Most companies charge you at least that much per month for a service.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Are you kidding me? $5 a YEAR is steep? A YEAR? a meal at McDonald's is like $9 and that only lasts 20 minutes. The game itself was $40, and the system you're playing it one is anywhere from $129 - $199 and you're saying $5 a YEAR is too expensive? that's just over 1 cent per day.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I've never heard of any discounts for the Bank. It was free for a little while after its release, but other than that, there's been no discounts that I've heard of. And $5 a year isn't expensive at all. Most companies charge you at least that much per month for a service.

I suppose that is true. I'll consider it and look into it slightly more. I will begin contemplating if I would like to buy it or not thoroughly when I defeat the Champion/post-game and begin breeding/catching more Pokémon.

Years
  • Big questions and asking for hints and friends

Hello there!

Ive been away from the pokemon world for 3 generations (stopped in Pokemon Gold, returned in Y) and I'm really lost here, so i have some questions and requests please. I'm sorry if some of this could be covered in an already existing thread, but this forum is so extense that I couldn't find exactly all that I wanted and I decided to cover it all here:

1) Breeding:
    1.1) Ditto: How many maxed IV's do my Ditto need to have for succesfully getting a good egg? Do I need it to be totally flawless? or it's ok if it has just one or two maxed IV's? It depends on how many good IV's i want to get?

1.2) The other Pokemon: Is it important that the other Pokemon (that is not Ditto) also have good IV's? or I just have to focus on getting a good Ditto?

1.3) Destiny Knot: What's exactly the Destiny Knot, how to use it (how does it work) and where to find it?

1.4) Natures: I don't understand anything about the natures. If the egg I get is a flawless Eevee but the nature is not adequate for getting a flawless Jolteon for example. Is it already useless?

2) Friend Safari:
    2.1) Zone: On which friend safari do i find Ditto?

2.2) Friends (Request): I live in Bolivia and sadly I don't know anyone here playing pokémon (or owning a 3DS at all) so I don't have any zone in friend safari. I was wondering if someone that has the Ditto safari zone could, PLEASE, add me as friend so that I can have better chances of getting a good Ditto.

3) Trading:
    3.1) Charity (Request): If anyone is willing to trade and give me a good Ditto would be just sweet. I'm not asking for shiny. Just a Ditto that have more chances of giving me better pokémon. (The best Ditto i've found so far has just Max Special Attack and I've captured LOADS of Dittos. :(

3.2) Region: My Pokémon Y is in spanish. Does it make any difference or problem when trading with someone that has the game in english?

Thank you for your time, hope you can help me at least with the questions and if someone adds me for the safari thingy I'll be very VERY thankful.

Friend code: 2767-0193-6295

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back