• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    This Heracross/Pinsir WiFi event... I'm pretty sure you can reset for IVs or whatnot, but is there any way to reset for gender? I hate that they changed the design of the female Heracross...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    What is the quickest way to get money in X and Y
    Battling at the restaurants in Lumiose; the postgame 3-star one is really good if you use strong pokemon and a Amulet Coin. You can also use them to train up weak Pokemon too. I plan to use it to evolve Pokemon for the Pokedex later on.
    Another option if you don't want to pay the out of pocket cost (having to retreat to the Pokémon Center to sell stuff every time to get your money back) is to go to the Battle Chateau, write a few writs, and start battling. The money naturally will pile up. Here's a sample of writs you can write to increase your winnings:

- Writ of Invitation: Invites Trainers to arrive more frequently. Costs 50,000 PD.
    - Silver Writ of Invitation: Invites Trainers to arrive much more frequently (than the previous one). Costs 100,000 PD.
    - Gold Writ of Invitation: Increases battle winnings by 50%. Costs 100,000 PD.
    - Writ of Challenge: Increases the levels of Pokémon by 5, and increases battle winnings. Costs 50,000 PD.
    - Blue Writ of Challenge: Decreases the levels of Pokémon by 10, and decreases battle winnings. Costs 10,000 PD.
    - Red Writ of Challenge: Increases the levels of Pokémon by 10, and increases battle winnings. Costs 100,000 PD.
    - Black Writ of Challenge: Increases the levels of Pokémon by 20, and increases battle winnings. Costs 300,000 PD.

The best methods of increasing your winnings are, for example, stacking the Silver and Gold Writs of Invitation with the Black Writ of Challenge. Then, all you have to go is keep wandering around the Chateau battling anyone in sight. You won't be able to keep up as new Trainers come and go by the minute. Meanwhile, while the Black Writ of Challenge is costly, the 20 level increase increases prize winnings significantly such that you can get 38,000 PD just off of Diantha's appearance, and that might be without the other writs or O-Powers; however, it's a Red-type challenge, being at Lv.80.

NOTE: Writs expire at midnite, so wait until then if you start playing around that time to issue Writs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • What is the quickest way to get money in X and Y
    An alternative to what was said about other ways is to get a Steel Safari with Magneton. Teach a Pokemon with Compound Eyes (Butterfree and Vivillon are the easiest to get) Thief. Then go use thief on the Safari to farm Metal Coats, which are each worth 2500 when sold. It may not be as efficient as some other methods, but you only do as much work as you want and it doesn't lock you in.
    This Heracross/Pinsir WiFi event... I'm pretty sure you can reset for IVs or whatnot, but is there any way to reset for gender? I hate that they changed the design of the female Heracross...
    Most events, including the new bug events, are gender locked now. So it can only be female, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What is the quickest way to get money in X and Y

the easiest way i found (yes, I know there's the writs and restaurants approach, but don't tey all COST money in order to activate?) is simply to get a Smeargle, teach it Happy Hour and Payday, give it the Amulet Coin to hold and just go around fighting battles. The higher the level, the more money each use of PayDay gives you. Sure it sounds like it takes a long time, but if you have that and a team of pick up pokemon and/or pokemon that need levelling up and turn on the Exp Share, you have multiple accomplishments all stacking up as you go around fighting things. (each time PayDay is used, you get 5 times the user's level of coins back, doubled by Happy Hour and doubled again by Amulet Coin, So at level 100, you get 2000 coins every time you use it)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2014
    Most events, including the new bug events, are gender locked now. So it can only be female, sorry.
    Aw. That's basically what I figured since it showed me the Heracross right off the bat, before I went to pick it up, but it's still sad. >.<
    Thank you for confirming that. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    it's a long shot, but I am just asking out of curiosity but did anyone (within the last 24 hours) get a 5IV Munchlax (OT Padraig) with varying natures and any of the 3 abilities (Immunity, Thick fat or Gluttony) with the moves Tackle, Double Edge, Zen Headbutt and Self Destruct? I am releasing a ton of these on wonder trade over the next day or so while trying to get an Adamant or Brave one with Thick Fat to keep for myself, but I was thinking it would be kind of fun if one of them got into the hands of someone here on the boards so if not, maybe keep an eye out for that next Munchlax as it may just be one of mine! ;-)

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • Breeding Help (Swinub with Icicle Crash and Freeze Dry)

Okay, to explain, I have no idea where to put this, so mods, I don't care wherever you move this (so long as it's apporate), but this is my first pokemon chain breeding, so I need some help, how to Exeggcute this XD, no that is not the pokemon I want to breed, I actually want to breed this:

Swinub: Egg moves
    • Icicle Crash
    • Freeze Dry
    I know what to breed it with to get freeze dry:
    • Aurours
    • Pass on to Lapras
    • Pass on to Delibird
    • Pass on to Swinub
    But then my question is how do I pass icicle crash from beartic to swinub, to still keep freeze dry :(,
    Please help me I am a noob at this, thanks in advance!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    ^I've moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread.

Fortunately, breeding for egg moves is easier this gen. Once your Swinub has Freeze Dry, all Swinubs bred from it will be born with Freeze Dry (so long as it doesn't forget the move). You can then breed those Freeze Dry Swinubs with Beartics to get Swinubs with both Freeze Dry and Icicle Crash.
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/473.shtml#freeze-dry

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, to explain, I have no idea where to put this, so mods, I don't care wherever you move this (so long as it's apporate), but this is my first pokemon chain breeding, so I need some help, how to Exeggcute this XD, no that is not the pokemon I want to breed, I actually want to breed this:

Swinub: Egg moves
    • Icicle Crash
    • Freeze Dry
    I know what to breed it with to get freeze dry:
    • Aurours
    • Pass on to Lapras
    • Pass on to Delibird
    • Pass on to Swinub
    But then my question is how do I pass icicle crash from beartic to swinub, to still keep freeze dry :(,
    Please help me I am a noob at this, thanks in advance!

^I've moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread.

Fortunately, breeding for egg moves is easier this gen. Once your Swinub has Freeze Dry, all Swinubs bred from it will be born with Freeze Dry (so long as it doesn't forget the move). You can then breed those Freeze Dry Swinubs with Beartics to get Swinubs with both Freeze Dry and Icicle Crash.
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/473.shtml#freeze-dry
    Here's a much simpler way: have a male Smeargle Sketch Freeze-Dry and Icicle Crash. Here's how to do it:
    -give Smeargle the Full Incense to ensure it goes last so it can Sketch the needed move
    -do the double battles in Restaurant Le Nah with Smeargle and the partner with the needed move (for Icicle Crash, use Beartic; for Freeze-Dry, use Aurorus)
    -have Beartic/Aurorus use the needed move
    -use Smeargle's Sketch to target your partner and it'll Sketch Freeze-Dry/Icicle Crash from them.
    -after the battles, go to Dendemille Town and re-teach Smeargle Sketch to repeat the process for the other partner.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Here's a much simpler way: have a male Smeargle Sketch Freeze-Dry and Icicle Crash. Here's how to do it:
    -give Smeargle the Full Incense to ensure it goes last so it can Sketch the needed move
    -do the double battles in Restaurant Le Nah with Smeargle and the partner with the needed move (for Icicle Crash, use Beartic; for Freeze-Dry, use Aurorus)
    -have Beartic/Aurorus use the needed move
    -use Smeargle's Sketch to target your partner and it'll Sketch Freeze-Dry/Icicle Crash from them.
    -after the battles, go to Dendemille Town and re-teach Smeargle Sketch to repeat the process for the other partner.
    Personally, if you have the males with the other moves already, I think breeding is simpler. The only potential difficulty is getting the female from the Egg sometimes; I've had three males in one go, then the next go produces four females. There's also the fact that Smeargle doesn't breed with everything like Ditto does, making the breeding method the better answer to practice as a move-learned Smeargle might be useless in some breeding (not to mention having to stock up on Heart Scales).

Also, in the three male scenario, it's all right to just breed a female with the second move for the reasons Zekrom outlined and breed those two together. Same result.

Nice idea, though, and an alternative for daycare swapping for sure where it works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am hoping that someone can put my mind to ease right about now, but I just had a horrible thought about the physical save files of my game. I am at 999.59 hours on my Pokemon Y (far, far more than that actually, but the counter stops then) I am an extremely avid breeder and breed 30 pokemon at a time and then wonder trade all the ones I am not using as well as using the GTS and online trading to get all the pokemon I need, however, every single time I trade or do ANYTHING online the game saves. if the information online is accurate where Flash memory becomes unstable after around 10,000 saves, I just realized that with how much I do all the variations of online trading (with the mandetory saving for every action) that means if I do 30 saves an hour (which if you're wonder trading whole boxes of pokemon, is quite likely) with a counter of 999.59 hours (more, actually) that means I am at almost 30,000 saves. can anyone provide me evidence that I have nothing to worry about or is my game save about to go corrupt any day now??

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I am hoping that someone can put my mind to ease right about now, but I just had a horrible thought about the physical save files of my game. I am at 999.59 hours on my Pokemon Y (far, far more than that actually, but the counter stops then) I am an extremely avid breeder and breed 30 pokemon at a time and then wonder trade all the ones I am not using as well as using the GTS and online trading to get all the pokemon I need, however, every single time I trade or do ANYTHING online the game saves. if the information online is accurate where Flash memory becomes unstable after around 10,000 saves, I just realized that with how much I do all the variations of online trading (with the mandetory saving for every action) that means if I do 30 saves an hour (which if you're wonder trading whole boxes of pokemon, is quite likely) with a counter of 999.59 hours (more, actually) that means I am at almost 30,000 saves. can anyone provide me evidence that I have nothing to worry about or is my game save about to go corrupt any day now??

If this is true, I reccomend turning off forced saves in the settings.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If this is true, I reccomend turning off forced saves in the settings.

then I can't ever trade, wonder trade or use the GTS or Gamesync (to get the items from the pokemileage store and online games), which is the whole reason I have been saving so much to begin with because even with forced save shut off you are STILL required to save for all those functions (I'm honestly not sure what forced save actually does because I can't tell the difference between it being on or off)

Edit: actually on further testing, the ONLY difference I have found is with forced save off, I can connect to the internet without saving first, but that's it. everything else I mentioned still makes you save before you do anything

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    then I can't ever trade, wonder trade or use the GTS or Gamesync (to get the items from the pokemileage store and online games), which is the whole reason I have been saving so much to begin with because even with forced save shut off you are STILL required to save for all those functions (I'm honestly not sure what forced save actually does because I can't tell the difference between it being on or off)

Edit: actually on further testing, the ONLY difference I have found is with forced save off, I can connect to the internet without saving first, but that's it. everything else I mentioned still makes you save before you do anything
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure this rumour about saving too much is trustworthy. Do you have a source?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure this rumour about saving too much is trustworthy. Do you have a source?

no source, I had just always heard ever since I started using Flash Drives and SD cards that flash memory is limited to 10,000 or so rewrites (so it's not a Pokemon X/Y specific issue, but rather an issue to all flash saving devices) and I at most have MAYBE done a few hundred rewrites on my oldest flash devices so its never been a concern for me since I would never live long enough to get near that limit, but my Pokemon Cartridge (mathmatically at least) has far exceeded that limit so I am worried. If it is a rumour, which I hope to god it is, then that's fine, I'm just concerned because this is a limitation I have always heard about flash memory.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    no source, I had just always heard ever since I started using Flash Drives and SD cards that flash memory is limited to 10,000 or so rewrites (so it's not a Pokemon X/Y specific issue, but rather an issue to all flash saving devices) and I at most have MAYBE done a few hundred rewrites on my oldest flash devices so its never been a concern for me since I would never live long enough to get near that limit, but my Pokemon Cartridge (mathmatically at least) has far exceeded that limit so I am worried. If it is a rumour, which I hope to god it is, then that's fine, I'm just concerned because this is a limitation I have always heard about flash memory.
    Perhaps try asking in T&I? I'd assume that the people down there would know more about this than the people who frequent this section.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    How long does it take to get the reward for an Online Competition? I did the Super Speed Double Battles and you get a 1000 BP reward for participating. The competition is well over, and I haven't gotten any BP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back