• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
so when i see things like defense lowered or attack raised sharply, does that mean its doing a change by 1 stage as well? or is this something different?

No, then it's changing it by two stages instead, so if you use Swords Dance once you'll have a 100% stat increase.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Alright that makes alot more sense now. Im still trying to relearn what each attack uses in terms of if its regular attack or if its special attack cause some of them, you would think its a special stat but in fact it is a regular attack stat, and that just confuses the heck out of me. Thank you for that info though it helps me out alot.

Now heres something im not understanding. Did they change the way pokeballs work now? I swear i waste so many greatballs (dont have access to ultraballs yet) on some pokemon that you would think would be easy to catch cause you see it all the time, but it always instantly gets out, but the next time i see it and do the same thing (put to sleep lower to red health ect) and use a regular pokeball when i have no others, it captures instantly. Am I just having bad luck or is there something going on that i am not seeing?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
if someone in OR has megastones that are in Y would they be able to trade with said person?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
if someone in OR has megastones that are in Y would they be able to trade with said person?

Yes. ORAS trainers can trade XY trainers Mega Stones that exist in XY, and vice versa. However, ORAS trainers cannot trade XY trainers Mega Stones that doesn't exist in XY, like the Diancinite.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Yes. ORAS trainers can trade XY trainers Mega Stones that exist in XY, and vice versa. However, ORAS trainers cannot trade XY trainers Mega Stones that doesn't exist in XY, like the Diancinite.

To add to this, the exceptions are the Latiasite and the Latiosite, as hackers discovered them in X/Y's coding, even though they were made officially available in OR/AS.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
That is interesting to know. Thank you. Im still a far while away but is there any post game for Y? Or is it pretty much over once you get in the hall of fame?

Years
That is interesting to know. Thank you. Im still a far while away but is there any post game for Y? Or is it pretty much over once you get in the hall of fame?

There isn't much aside from the Looker mission, and rematches in the restaurants/Battle Chateau or the Battle Maison, the latter of which would cater more to competitive gamers, so if you aren't keen on becoming competitive then you're out of luck.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
There isn't much aside from the Looker mission, and rematches in the restaurants/Battle Chateau or the Battle Maison, the latter of which would cater more to competitive gamers, so if you aren't keen on becoming competitive then you're out of luck.

I see. So i guess there isnt any pokemon that has had as a big post game like crystal did huh?

Years
I see. So i guess there isnt any pokemon that has had as a big post game like crystal did huh?

Well, postgame has often been varied in size but don't expect generation-entry games like X & Y (not counting Johto games since you had Kanto to explore postgame) to not have much compared to say, remakes or the expanded third versions/sequels.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Or you can get other people's Friend Codes and explore their Friend Safaris. Friend Safari types and what Pokemon are in them are determined by Friend Code, so if you want to expand your Pokedex a bit, I'd recommend going that route.

More information about Friend Safaris here

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Well, postgame has often been varied in size but don't expect generation-entry games like X & Y (not counting Johto games since you had Kanto to explore postgame) to not have much compared to say, remakes or the expanded third versions/sequels.

Thank you. Well hopefully if there is a Z version, maybe it will have a big postgame. Is OR/AS delta episode long or somewhat short? Im just trying to determin if its worth getting third gen remake even though i never really liked it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thank you. Well hopefully if there is a Z version, maybe it will have a big postgame. Is OR/AS delta episode long or somewhat short? Im just trying to determin if its worth getting third gen remake even though i never really liked it.

The Delta Episode is interesting in its own way. It's much better than the Looker missions, IMO, in terms of length, since you get to travel all over Hoenn in the Delta Episode, while you're confined to Lumiose in the Looker missions. The Delta Episode is also pretty difficult if you're not prepared for the ending (I could say what, but I won't spoil it if you're new to the Delta Episode).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Silly question, when is the best time to evolve pokemon that require trades or stones in order to evolve? Is it best to do it as soon as they instantly do their first evolution, or is there a time to wait? Like for eevee for example, i know its best to have her evolve as low as possible so that you can get the best stats for her and moves, but for others like raichu, or alakazam, whats the best time? Thank you in advance~

Years
Silly question, when is the best time to evolve pokemon that require trades or stones in order to evolve? Is it best to do it as soon as they instantly do their first evolution, or is there a time to wait? Like for eevee for example, i know its best to have her evolve as low as possible so that you can get the best stats for her and moves, but for others like raichu, or alakazam, whats the best time? Thank you in advance~

Most people usually wait for certain moves when it comes to stone evolutions, particularly ones that can only be learned by the NFE. And then there's ones where they tend to wait for a certain level due to an exclusive move that may be learned after it's evolved, such as Quiver Dance for Lilligant.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Most people usually wait for certain moves when it comes to stone evolutions, particularly ones that can only be learned by the NFE. And then there's ones where they tend to wait for a certain level due to an exclusive move that may be learned after it's evolved, such as Quiver Dance for Lilligant.

so for casual players like me, should i wait or do research for it? It just alot i have to figure out cause i have to learn 4 generations worth of gameplay and changes since crystal si all my pokemon experience (not even any from gen 1 or the other gen 2 games)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
so for casual players like me, should i wait or do research for it? It just alot i have to figure out cause i have to learn 4 generations worth of gameplay and changes since crystal si all my pokemon experience (not even any from gen 1 or the other gen 2 games)

Buying the OR/AS Pokédex or reading up on each Pokémon's current level-up and TM/HM moves on Bulbapedia/Serebii would help immensely.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
Shiny charm question

Getting close to finishing most of the national pokedex and have a question; what legends (if any) are required to be in the 'dex to get the shiny charm? Want to know since that might help me out once I get there.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
No its all event pokemon listed on that page as far as im aware.

doing a quick google this seems to be ones you dont need

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back