• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I seriously DO NOT recommend cheating, but if your girlfriend in not going to use these Pokémon competitively, then cheating to get them would be the quickest way to get them for her! Good Luck!

Years
  • Ha ha ha! Trust me, I've considered it... But I'd rather only get a few legitimately than cheating to get them all. It just wouldn't feel right giving her that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    That sounds like a good idea, but what if she gets upset you started playing the game without her starting from the beginning?? You would need to make it to the first Poke Center wouldn't you?

Years
  • I like you! You're honest haha. Anyways, keep using the Masuda Method, and if you still can't get one, get her a bunch of plush toys of her favorite Pokémon! Girls love that stuff! And if she knows how hard you tried to get her those shinies, she'll appreciate your love for her more!

Years
  • That sounds like a good idea, but what if she gets upset you started playing the game without her starting from the beginning?? You would need to make it to the first Poke Center wouldn't you?

I've thought it all out. I'm giving her the game, and letting her play it for the night after she goes to sleep at her family's, but I'll ask her to let me borrow the game the next day in which I'll catch a bunch of Scatterbugs or something and trade the shinies all over. Trust me, that gave me a panic awhile back when I realized that problem.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    lol Well if you got it figured out then go for it, and fall back on FireFly's plan to have a PokeDoll on hand in case it goes south!

Years
  • If you really need a lot of shinies but you don't have enough time, I would say that the fastest way would be to use the shiny values.

There's a topic about it here : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312743

I only used this method once personnally, but it works as long as you can get in contact with the person you need.

However, those shinies will be like traded Pokemon, since they're from another trainer.

So you will have to decide if you would rather catch/hatch them yourself, and maybe have less shinies, or use the shiny values and get more of them.

The safari is pretty random, but if you're lucky you can get a lot of shinies in no time.

Plus you can just run around the safari while you watch TV or something, which is pretty great.

The Pokeradar is tricky, but if you're good at it, go for it!

As for the Friend Codes, there's a list of members with the Pokemon in their safaries in the first page of the X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread, you should take a look, and try to contact a few people and see if they're willing to add you. :)

Years
  • Yeah, I thought about that awhile ago. I decided I'd rather be the OT for each of them. Shows I put a little more work into it. (:

The Safari is the fastest way I've found for myself, personally, and I suck horribly at Pokeradar. xD

Although I will try contacting a few people. I appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    The only shiny I have caught has been a Litleo, and I didn't even know. I thought to myself... "Why the heck is this thing golden". Sure enough it had a red star. But I heard that they have monochrome Pokemon too now? Rumour?

Years
  • No apparently the monochrome Pokemon were some kind of glitch.

I don't remember the details but if you turned off your 3ds, I believe that your Pokemon returned to normal.

Anyway, good luck on your shiny hunt MidknightBlu! :)

I just got a shiny from the Masuda Method after hundreds of eggs, (an adorable Goomy, that I will love forever and ever) so I'm sure you can do it too!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So guys, here's the deal. Christmas is coming up. I am STRUGGLING to get my present together for my girlfriend for when she visits for the holiday (she lives in Tennessee and I live in Utah, so this is a pretty big deal). She loves Pokémon as much as I do, so I had a great idea for her present.

I was planning on giving her Pokémon Y, loaded up with her favorite Pokémon as all shinies. I was attempting to do this using the Masuda Method, although I've had NO luck with it and haven't even been able to hatch a single shiny (I'm on 1700+ Ralts after a month). With my college finals coming up in two-three weeks, I don't have the time to continue trying the Masuda.

So I really need help. I've resorted to using the Friend Safari method for this. Only problem is I don't have any safaris with the Pokémon I need. So I am BEGGING you guys to help me get this present done. If you have any of the Pokémon in the list below in your safari, please add me and reply with your friend code! I seriously appreciate it guys!

Absol, Kirlia, Luxio, Vulpix/Ninetales, Eevee, Dratini

Why not try shiny chaining? It could take from about ten minutes to an hour to encounter shinies with this method, depending on how long you're required to keep the chain alive. Other than that, I really don't have any other ideas of how you can run into these shinies. ): Since you're asking for help, by the way, I don't think it needs to have its own thread—I'm merging it with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Years
  • I SUCK at shiny chaining. I've attempted it on each game SEVERAL times, but the highest I've ever gotten my chain is 20. :/ Although I've had serious luck with Friend Safaris, catching three shinies that way in the past week. That's why I'm trying to collect safaris that have these Pokemon in them.

Years
  • Nidoking - Attack Speed
    Gardevoir - Sp Atk Speed (Mega)
    Lanturn - HP Def
    Noivern - Sp Atk Speed
    Gourgeist - ???
    Houndoom - Sp Atk Speed

I'm thinking of swapping out Houndoom for another pokemon as i have too many Sp attackers. What should i swap it for?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Nidoking - Attack Speed
    Gardevoir - Sp Atk Speed (Mega)
    Lanturn - HP Def
    Noivern - Sp Atk Speed
    Gourgeist - ???
    Houndoom - Sp Atk Speed

I'm thinking of swapping out Houndoom for another pokemon as i have too many Sp attackers. What should i swap it for?

Though Nidoking gained an Attack buff, it's still better off using a specially-based set, due to Sheer Force boosting most, if not all, its special moves. It can even use a specially-based mixed with that buffed Attack.

For Gourgeist, use max HP, max Defense.

Houndoom is only good is in its Mega form in Sun teams. Try something like Lucario or Gyarados.

Sets would be appreciated too.

Synesis

M@$t@ TR@!N€R
    Years
  • Trying to breed an Adamant Male (inc. egg moves) 5IV (31/31/31/xx/31/31) Larvitar...

At the moment I have a female and male both 5IV (31/28/31/31/31/31 and 31/19/31/31/31/31). I've got tons of 5IV babies, the best being a female 5IV (31/29/31/31/31/31).

I realise that the only way I'm gonna get 31 IV's in attack is to hope for a 6IV baby Larvitar. I've gone through 6 boxes of eggs at this stage and I'm wondering should I just re-breed one of the current 5IV parents with one that has 31 IV's in ATK? Or just keep going to get a 6IV Larvitar, which I know is kinda pointless - but I really want 31 IV's in the attack stat.

Advice? What would be the best course of action to take?

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Trying to breed an Adamant Male (inc. egg moves) 5IV (31/31/xx/31/31/31) Larvitar...

At the moment I have a female and male both 5IV (31/28/31/31/31/31 and 31/19/31/31/31/31). I've got tons of 5IV babies, the best being a female 5IV (31/29/31/31/31/31).

I realise that the only way I'm gonna get 31 IV's in attack is to hope for a 6IV baby Larvitar. I've gone through 6 boxes of eggs at this stage and I'm wondering should I just re-breed one of the current 5IV parents with one that has 31 IV's in ATK? Or just keep going to get a 6IV Larvitar, which I know is kinda pointless - but I really want 31 IV's in the attack stat.

Advice? What would be the best course of action to take?
    I would say take one of the parents out and breed with one that has 31 ATK, because if you're using the destiny knot, odds are pretty good that you won't get 31 ATK from the two parents you're currently using.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    Breeding Eevee with Curse and Wish

So I bred an eevee with smeargle and got a female eevee with wish. I am now breeding eevee with a torkoal with curse. However, my hatched eevee had only wish. What am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think (I THINK!) that egg moves aren't guaranteed 100%, you may have to breed multiple pokemon in order to get both moves (so just leave the two parents in daycare and run around till a second or third egg is available, then it may have both moves)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back