• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synesis

M@$t@ TR@!N€R
    Years
    I would say take one of the parents out and breed with one that has 31 ATK, because if you're using the destiny knot, odds are pretty good that you won't get 31 ATK from the two parents you're currently using.

I was thinking the same after a while. So how will i go about it? I have a Female 1 (xx/31/31/xx/31/31)
    female 2 (31/31/31/xx/31/xx) both are bold. Also have a male (xx/31/31/xx/31/31). (adamant)

Thinking of putting the 4IV male adamant with the original female 5IV above?

Last edited:

Shilver

Cool Trainer
    Years
    parents have 100% chance of passing eggs move if possible
    however, if parents forget the move when they level up then the newly hatched pokemon cant learn it, it also cant learn some eggs move if there are more than 4 eggs move can be passed down, in that case, the moves will be be chosen by some rules that i dont know :P

Years
    Are Shiny Pokemon easier to find in X and Y???

I have no idea why, but a lot of people are saying that the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon are a lot greater in Gen 6. Are these rumors true? Because i've been playing Pokemon since the beginning, and i found my first shiny (Alakazam) in my Pokemon X playthrough.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    I have no idea why, but a lot of people are saying that the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon are a lot greater in Gen 6. Are these rumors true? Because i've been playing Pokemon since the beginning, and i found my first shiny (Alakazam) in my Pokemon X playthrough.

Actually my buddy Fred on romhack.me has found about 14 shinies in 2 months, I say it is lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    All indicators say yes. I mean, my first fishing chain in the game gave me my shiny after a chain of 9 (it was a Skrelp) ... since then I've had nothing, but I've heard a ton of people getting 4, 5, 6 in Friend Safari. This is only my second shiny ever in all generations, so the fact people are getting 6 in one game says something.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

I've read various reports stating that shines were made less common in Pokémon X and Y, so, yeah, probably. Also, if you don't mind, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A, since it's just a question. ^^"

Merged.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    IV's. What are they exactly?

Ok so, I've seen a lot about perfect IV's and all that but i'm kinda confused as to what they are. I know they're to do with like breeding and the Super Training. So right now i'm currently breeding Charmanders to get a shiny, after i've hatched a batch of 5 i look at all their stats. and some of them have 6 across the board. Is this what people mean by IV's or what? I just want to know because when I start training up my shiny Pokemon I want to make them as strong as possible, via IVs, Super Training and use of Pokemon-Amie.

Years
    They are basically Pokémon genetics. People want fully IV bred Pokémon, because they are the best. To know how to find your Pokémon's IV's and how to breed for the best stats, check out my blog

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Well it's Tuesday, and I've caught my Rotom, but I have to ask: Which city/town contains an area for me to change its forme.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Your FC is on one 3DS. It doesn't transfer even if you change 3DS but use the same game. You cannot really do anything about that either as each one will generate a specific Friend Code when you set up the 3DS. I know there is a way to reset the code, but everyone will lose you on their list if you do and they'd all have to add the new FC.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    Greetings.
    I have a concern pertaining to my Pokemon X.
    Back when I was given the choice of a kanto starter by Professor Sycamore because my party was full it asked me to select a Pokemon to be "sent to the PC box".
    I elected to swap out my distasteful Panpour for Squirtle.
    Time has passed since then without a need for me to search my box and now that Squirtle is a Wartortle. Tonight however when I went to look for that Panpour I find that it has gone missing. Currently I have one full box and three in the second both of which I scanned each occupant's icon carefully. It's not there. No, I have not touched it since swapping it out for Squirtle. I'm sure of it.

Fortunately it's a completely painless loss to me as I had gone looking for that Panpour with the intention of wonder trading it anyway but I'd still like to know what happened. Had I actually selected the pokemon to release or trade to Sycamore for that Squirtle?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Greetings.
    I have a concern pertaining to my Pokemon X.
    Back when I was given the choice of a kanto starter by Professor Sycamore because my party was full it asked me to select a Pokemon to be "sent to the PC box".
    I elected to swap out my distasteful Panpour for Squirtle.
    Time has passed since then without a need for me to search my box and now that Squirtle is a Wartortle. Tonight however when I went to look for that Panpour I find that it has gone missing. Currently I have one full box and three in the second both of which I scanned each occupant's icon carefully. It's not there. No, I have not touched it since swapping it out for Squirtle. I'm sure of it.

Fortunately it's a completely painless loss to me as I had gone looking for that Panpour with the intention of wonder trading it anyway but I'd still like to know what happened. Had I actually selected the pokemon to give up or trade to Sycamore for that Squirtle?

Are you sure that Panpour was sent to your PC? If you are, then maybe you should check each and every one of the boxes carefully—it should be there. If you still can't find it, then maybe it got accidentally released due to a glitch.

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    It should have been sent to PC as it prompted me to remove a party member to accept the Squirtle and I did check my boxes carefully at least twice just like Santa. hehe.
    Perhaps it is related to my having restarted twice after receiving the squirtle at the point before the battle with Sycamore because I wanted the Squirtle to be male and the first two times received a female.

Last edited:

Outlier

I'm in the middle of EV training my Xerneas and I came across a shiny Vanillite! It's in a horde and I plan on wiping out 4 of the Vanillites then catching the shiny.

One question. In 6th gen you now get exp from catching a pokemon. Does that mean we get an EV from the pokemon we catch as well?

Years
    I'm in the middle of EV training my Xerneas and I came across a shiny Vanillite! It's in a horde and I plan on wiping out 4 of the Vanillites then catching the shiny.

One question. In 6th gen you now get exp from catching a pokemon. Does that mean we get an EV from the pokemon we catch as well?

I would think you would, considering that your pkmn is still get exp.. but bro I wouldnt worry about it. That's 1ev man. It won't make a significant difference either way

Congrats on the shiny too

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
    Hi!

Is it possible to get the hidden ability of the starters in the start of the game? (When you pick a starter)

Hi!

Is it possible to get the hidden ability of the starters in the start of the game? (When you pick a starter)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back