• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Passerby in the PSS. I only got my brother at first, but then I connected to the internet and I got a bunch of weird ones. Why is that? My 3DS hasen't left the house.
    All a passerby is just other people around the world when you're online playing the game. When you hit start under the PSS, you can go to the options menu if you wish to disable communication with any passersby (and acquaintances as well), you should see the option to do so and you won't get bothered by strangers again.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How do you use the Dowsing Machine?

When you see the Dowsing Machine emitting Blue light it means there is an item nearby.
    Yellow means at least a step away from the hidden item.
    and Red indicates the item in in front of you! {XD}

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
    Just noticed.

U can find a dusk stone in glittering cave if your playing Y while u can find a shiny stone if your playing X.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    anyone able to get me the the steps to find the alakazamite in the reflecting cave? is that only able to be found at night?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Just noticed.

U can find a dusk stone in glittering cave if your playing Y while u can find a shiny stone if your playing X.

You can find one Shiny Stone in the "Skiddo Farm", the place where you ride them. {XD}

Years
    My Fennekin (my own original starter) has started gaining boosted EXP for no reason I can think of? Why would this be? I mean, I'm not complaining, but I'd like to know why. Thanks!

Sirfetch’d

My Fennekin (my own original starter) has started gaining boosted EXP for no reason I can think of? Why would this be? I mean, I'm not complaining, but I'd like to know why. Thanks!

You get EXP now for catching Pokemon just like you would for defeating them so that could be it. Your Pokemon will also gain EXP if you have the EXP share enabled even if they do not appear in the battle. Hope this helped :]

Reactions: Sun

blue

gucci
    Years

If you mean more EXP than usual when in-battle, then it's likely due to Pokémon-Amie. When you reach two hearts or more on the scale with Pokémon-Amie, that Pokémon will gain a little extra EXP in battle.

Years
    Where do I get the Good Rod? It says on Serebii that you get it in the town with the Grass-type Gym Leader, but i've talked to everyone there and no dice. I'd imagine you get it from a Fisherman, but again I didn't see any of those there either.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Where do I get the Good Rod? It says on Serebii that you get it in the town with the Grass-type Gym Leader, but i've talked to everyone there and no dice. I'd imagine you get it from a Fisherman, but again I didn't see any of those there either.

You do get it in that city, BUT before taking the monorail!!
    There is a fisher by the harbor, he will give one to you

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    For those who haven't figured out, to evolve Inkay to Malamar, it needs to be at least Lv 30...and the 3DS must be flipped upside down when it levels up. Bad news if your gyroscope is faulty. 0_o

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Help?

so i got to the part where the red head spiky hair guy is like "all people that arent in team flare will be gone" or something and then the friend dude (idk i forgot both their names) is like "we last saw him in lumiose city" and i think i was supposed to go there but?? im like completely lost
    where do i go??? i tried lumiose city and i went in every single store and i never found anything. ive been working on this since 12:00 last night and i cant keep playing without this

so anyone whos finished the game or is past that part can you please help me out?

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
    so i got to the part where the red head spiky hair guy is like "all people that arent in team flare will be gone" or something and then the friend dude (idk i forgot both their names) is like "we last saw him in lumiose city" and i think i was supposed to go there but?? im like completely lost
    where do i go??? i tried lumiose city and i went in every single store and i never found anything. ive been working on this since 12:00 last night and i cant keep playing without this

so anyone whos finished the game or is past that part can you please help me out?

Go to the Team Flare café and talk to the people in there. You will have to battle them, they will give you hints and a password. After that you have to go to back and press A at the cupboard. It is a secret door.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back