• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Which town has the second gym? Where can I get Strength? Thanks in advance.

The second gym is located in Cyllage City and you get the Strength HM from the leader of that gym before you challenge him. :]

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    For god sakes how do you reset your data

This is really pissing me off. Tried Up + Select + B but it doesnt work. Tried every combination and it isnt on the poor excuse of a manual.

Ideas?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I used a random combo of like B, L, R, X, and Y. You have to be on the right screen though.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
    Rotom can be found in the lost hotel, u can change its form on sycamore's lab.

U get strength from grant in Cyllage city. (Before entering 2nd gym)

pumpkaboo can be found in route 16, idk about panthump but u can find a trevenant @ winding forest

Dusk stone can be found in terminus cave. Its also a reward from finishing one of the super secret training.

Dark poke? if ur playing X u can get poochyena, or try getting a inkay (im pretty sure its dark/psychic) or if u can wait go catch yveltal (if ur playing Y)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    We've tried to contact Nintendo directly they were closed today, so I have to call them tomorrow already have a repair setup.

Both 3DS and the game are US region, and the 3DS works with other games.

I've seen one other similar post like this problem on the Tech forums, but says the screen goes black instead of hanging on the 3ds screen.
    There is no error code though saddly. I know people were reporting SD card problems but no avail on those solutions.

I imagine its a firmware issue of some kind because Other Games do work, White 2, and DK country 3D works also.

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Sounds like either region lock is biting you in the butt(though if that were the case, I think you'd know that already haha), or the cartridge is borked.

Is your 3DS updated completely? I doubt that's the issue, but it's worth a try :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Going with what Igiko said, have you updated your 3DS recently? Updating it may be the solution. (good thing I updated my 3DS a few days before I got X)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Update says its system up to date, and there is not Region Lock Because it was ordered from US, and no one else from Amazon seems to be having this issue, and there would be a error message if there was region issues, since I've looked up that there is such a message, not just a frozen 3DS logo (still animated but cannot press home button etc)

And it Cannot be the cartridge if you read above because We've Tried Both Digital and Physical versions of the game and to no avail.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Passerby in the PSS. I only got my brother at first, but then I connected to the internet and I got a bunch of weird ones. Why is that? My 3DS hasen't left the house.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Where should I be heading to after I defeated Team Flare at the power plant?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Where can I find a Dusk Stone?
    On the second floor of Terminus Cave. You have to use Rock Smash to get it. Or you can get one by playing "Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half!" in Super Training.

Where can I find Eviolite?
    In Shalour City, talk to the scientist in the house right next to the Pokemon Center. He'll ask to see your Pokedex, and if you've seen enough, he'll give you the Eviolite.

Where should I be heading to after I defeated Team Flare at the power plant?
    Go to Lumiose City by heading south of the power plant. Once you enter the city, Shauna will ask you about what happened at the Power Plant, then she'll tell you to check out the tower in the center of the city. Head there, as that's also the next gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    sorry you said other games work on it, the problem will be the 3DS itself, how old is the 3ds and is it a normal size one or the XL

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back