• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Question
    Is there only one dark pulse tm in the game? and if not where can i get them?
    because i wanna give it to my greninja but if theres only one iwanna breed and wait for a perfect one...

thank you

Yeah there is, but like in 5th Gen TMs are reusable in this game. It's found on Route 15.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Zapdos

Okay, so...how am I supposed to catch this guy if it literally flees before I get a chance to do anything. I tried using a Trapinch with the Arena Trap ability, but that didn't do any good.

So, anyone fid the magic bullet to catching Zapdos or any of the Legendary Birds yet?

Years
  • you have to chase it several times and then it will fly to azure bay and you will be able to catch it there.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    Maybe a silly question, but is there a better place then victory road and pokemon league to train your team. A cave or something with stronger pokemon.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Maybe a silly question, but is there a better place then victory road and pokemon league to train your team. A cave or something with stronger pokemon.

there's always the battle chateau(they get tougher after you raise your rank up enough), and the restaurants.

can hidden power be a fairy attribute?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    can hidden power be a fairy attribute?

I'm sure it can. Gamefreak would have had to redo how the IV calculations work with Hidden power, but since base power no longer randomizes, they may have a more solid pattern for it based on IVs so it has 17 of the 18 types, unless they finally added normal type onto it as well.

Pr3

Years
  • I have a question about Pokerus. I recently got Pokerus in my Pc, and it spread to my team. I've done some research and I see it boost EVs for pokemon. The question I have is: (since I'm new to competitive playing ivs etc)

Does pokerus increase every stat? Because some pokemon like Honedge have 0 speed Iv and I'd like his speed to stay low.

What happens when pokerus infects a pokemon, high level? Will it miss out on all the boost it could've gotten? So should you pokerus a pokemon early on?

I heard pokerus still has the added benefit of increasing Ev gain even after it's cured. This true?

And anything else I need to know about pokerus that's important for competitive play would be great.

Oxxykitten

Pokemon Collector/Breeder.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    I am not 100% sure if this has already been asked, but is there a master list of the hairstyles/colors for the female players for X and Y yet?

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    Everstone help!

So I've been chain breeding for a while, nearly done. Every now and then, I'll change out the parent for the baby, and sometimes I'll throw out the parent, sometimes I'll keep em.

This is where I flipped up. I accidentally threw out the parent while it was still holding its Everstone that I need in order to pass down the family nature, and unfortunately, the item went with it...

I haven't saved for a loonnnnggg time, and I'd rather not lose this progress seeing as I've made so much

Is there any way to get a second Everstone, or anyone willing to trade me one?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Kite, get an Eevee to level 23 to learn covet. Go to reflection cave and use Oddish/ivysaur etc to use sweet scent until you attract a horde of Roggenrola. Use covet and Eevee must not be holding an item to potentially steal more Ever stone. Alternative is getting TM thief in camphier.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I imagine this will have been asked before, but what's the best way to go about uploading saved battle videos to Youtube? Do I have to remove my 3DS SD card?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I imagine this will have been asked before, but what's the best way to go about uploading saved battle videos to Youtube? Do I have to remove my 3DS SD card?

When you record battle videos, they should be saved onto your SD card. If you want to upload them to YouTube, then transferring the videos from your card would be the best way. Just plug the SD card to your computer, select your favorite videos, and drag them to your deaktop. d: Before you upload them, though, make sure to convert them to the correct format. Or else, you'll be getting an error message. The only formats that YouTube support is, I believe, avi, mov, mpg/mpeg, and mp4. Good luck!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have a question about Pokerus. I recently got Pokerus in my Pc, and it spread to my team. I've done some research and I see it boost EVs for pokemon. The question I have is: (since I'm new to competitive playing ivs etc)

Does pokerus increase every stat? Because some pokemon like Honedge have 0 speed Iv and I'd like his speed to stay low.

What happens when pokerus infects a pokemon, high level? Will it miss out on all the boost it could've gotten? So should you pokerus a pokemon early on?

I heard pokerus still has the added benefit of increasing Ev gain even after it's cured. This true?

And anything else I need to know about pokerus that's important for competitive play would be great.
    From my knowledge, Pokerus doubles the amount of EVs gained in battle. So if you don't want speed, do not collect speed EVs. After it is "cured" it simply can't be spread, the effects don't wear off.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Aegislash's stats on level up?

When I level my Aegislash up, I noticed that when it's in Sword Form it gains more in its attack stats, and when it's in Shield Form it gains more in its defenses. Does this mean that if I constantly level it up while in Sword Form that its defenses will be lackluster in shield form, and vice versa?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back