• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • If a pokemon levels up because of the EXP share (meaning it hasn't battled at all), does it get EVs?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • If a pokemon levels up because of the EXP share (meaning it hasn't battled at all), does it get EVs?

If a Pokemon gains experience they gain EVs regardless if they leveled or fought. EVs are given on captures as well.

R3b1rth

Meh
    Years
  • Someone help a trainer out?

So I'm trying to get into breeding and stuff but I have no idea what I am doing like where do I put the destiny knot or how to get the ivs i want. Watching videos hasn't really helped me at all and now I'm stuck with 12 crappy abras :/. So can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong? Im trying to get the speed iv from a ditto and the sp atk iv from an abra.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    PSS trainer icons rage!!

HOW do people get their PSS icons to be in game characters?

Just still butthurt about my icon being SUPER DARK even though she only has a slight tan in game, and I thought I could live with it but after so many days it's really getting to me and I'm desperate to change it, but I can't restart now that I've already come so far :(

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    You click the icon on the left of the internet icon (the one you use to connect to the internet), click the Profile icon, then you should see your icon and name at the top left of the screen: click it. You can choose your icon by clicking Profile Icon. Hope this helps.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    Does anyone find it odd that the official guide book says nothing about the friend safari, battling your rival again, the Lumiose Looker quests or anything after finishing the game? You think there will be more to do?

From the guide, the last point of the timeline: "Your adventure continues after you enter the Hall of Fame. Pack your bags for another journey around the Kalos region!"

And on the last page of the walkthrough on the Hall of Fame: "This marks the completion of a major goal in your journey- but your adventure isn't over yet. See what awaits you beyond the Pokemon League, and after you watch the credits, you'll once again set out from Vaniville Town on a new journey. But that's a tale for another time!"

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • there will most likely be another strategy guide released - one labeling post-game events and the pokedex and stuff

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Is Feebas really from friend Safari? Serebii lists no location for Feebas and Feebas isn't on their Friend Safari page either. Not sure where I heard about Feebas being there but noones been able to prove it and theres none on the GTS so i'm inclined to believe they were lying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is Feebas really from friend Safari? Serebii lists no location for Feebas and Feebas isn't on their Friend Safari page either. Not sure where I heard about Feebas being there but noones been able to prove it and theres none on the GTS so i'm inclined to believe they were lying.

Feebas should be in the Friend Safari. If it's not there already, then what I would do is keep adding more friends and hope that they have Feebas as one of their three water Pokémon. Another way to get a hold of Feebas is by transferring them from one of your fifth-generation games via PokéBank, but unfortunately, that feature won't be available until the end of December. ): So, I guess you'll just have to hold tight and wait a few months.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Thanks, guys!

Apparently the Manectite/Houndoomite is on Route 16, but I'm not really seeing a way to get to where Serebii says they are (near some skaters, who I don't see). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Houndour is X exclusive, then why is the Houndoomite on Route 16 in Y and not X? Unless Serebii has it wrong.

This video should help you.

Note that you can only find these hidden mega stones from 8PM to 9PM, and only when Professor Sycamore has upgraded your Mega Ring.

Also, I believe that a Pokemon being version exclusive does not follow that its mega stone (if any) will also belong in that version. I used this guide to collect all the mega stones available in my game.
    So I'm trying to get into breeding and stuff but I have no idea what I am doing like where do I put the destiny knot or how to get the ivs i want. Watching videos hasn't really helped me at all and now I'm stuck with 12 crappy abras :/. So can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong? Im trying to get the speed iv from a ditto and the sp atk iv from an abra.
    When you're only aiming to inherit 2 perfect IVs, you don't really need a destiny knot.
    More within the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • IN PSS, what does the avatar with question mark means? (Besides not being only at the same time for once?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does anyone Know how to find out a pokemon's IVs?

There should be a guy hanging around at the Pokémon Center of Kiloude City. He's got a pale-looking skin, green outfit, and purple hair (sort of like Bugsy, one of the gym leaders of Johto). If you talk to him, he will introduce himself to you and immediately rate the first Pokémon of your party, telling you what its potential is. Before the conversation ends, he will give you a few statistics. These stats are supposed to be your Pokémon's IVs. (: Another way to check IVs is by getting yourself into a certain type of battle, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • There should be a guy hanging around at the Pokémon Center of Kiloude City. He's got a pale-looking skin, green outfit, and purple hair (sort of like Bugsy, one of the gym leaders of Johto). If you talk to him, he will introduce himself to you and immediately rate the first Pokémon of your party, telling you what its potential is. Before the conversation ends, he will give you a few statistics. These stats are supposed to be your Pokémon's IVs. (: Another way to check IVs is by getting yourself into a certain type of battle, but I'm not quite sure how that works.

Thank you so Much. Your Awesome. :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Question
    Is there only one dark pulse tm in the game? and if not where can i get them?
    because i wanna give it to my greninja but if theres only one iwanna breed and wait for a perfect one...

thank you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back