• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    So I have a question. I've managed to capture Moltres but I'm curious if it's even possible to encounter Zapdos and Articuno? There's been murmurings that their appearances are determined by what Starter you picked.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    It's random like Audino in Gen V games or Venipede in Kalos Route 6.

The bushes on Route 6 are a whole 'nother thing. They commonly rustle when I walk into the route; are you sure that is random too? The trash cans in Lost Hotel, almost never rumble. Is there some other requirement that needs to be done? And don't give me this "It is random (*alpenhorn*)". How random? Are there any other conditions to make the RNG make it happen?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Anyone know a good place to train Pokemon post-game? The E4 and Champion take way too long for the amount of EXP you get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Anyone know a good place to train Pokemon post-game? The E4 and Champion take way too long for the amount of EXP you get.

If we're talking before the League, I'd say try the Battle Chateau if you haven't done so already. I haven't personally completed it fully but it should gradually meet your pokemon's level as you progress up the ranks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Re-Asking some questions:

Where are the vending machines?
    I haven't found a single one and I'm on Victory Road now.

When does Aurorus learn Freeze Dry?
    Mine is level 66 already and has not learned it. There was a Cryogonal that used it in the Ice gym. Did I miss it because she evolved at lvl 43?

Does anyone know how Gardevoir learns Moon Blast?

She's been shown using this move, but mine has not learned it and she's level 67.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Re-Asking some questions:

Where are the vending machines? I haven't found a single one and I'm on Victory Road now.
    I don't think there are any. I haven't ran into any. You can buy the water, lemonade, and Soda pop in various stores in Lumoise though.

When does Aurorus learn Freeze Dry?
    Mine is level 66 already and has not learned it. There was a Cryogonal that used it in the Ice gym. Did I miss it because she evolved at lvl 43?
    I thought Amura learned it. I'm not training mine but I thought it was learned by the lower form. You may have passed it up already. Try to see if you can steal some Heartscales off of Luvdisc and see if its on her list at the Move Relearner's place.

Does anyone know how Gardevoir learns Moon Blast?
    She's been shown using this move, but mine has not learned it and she's level 67.

I haven't seen a Gardevoir use Moonblast. It may be something she should have learned before, maybe its a move that is listed as [--] which would mean you'd have to go to the Move Relearner to teach it. See if you missed it or go until you hit 80. Not many learn moves after 80 so if you hit that and still don't get it, either she doesn't learn it naturally or you missed it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I don't think there are any. I haven't ran into any. You can buy the water, lemonade, and Soda pop in various stores in Lumoise though.

I thought Amura learned it. I'm not training mine but I thought it was learned by the lower form. You may have passed it up already. Try to see if you can steal some Heartscales off of Luvdisc and see if its on her list at the Move Relearner's place.

I haven't seen a Gardevoir use Moonblast. It may be something she should have learned before, maybe its a move that is listed as [--] which would mean you'd have to go to the Move Relearner to teach it. See if you missed it or go until you hit 80. Not many learn moves after 80 so if you hit that and still don't get it, either she doesn't learn it naturally or you missed it.

Do you know which stores specifically? Just cause Lumiose is kinda huge and I've been in most of the shops but I haven't found anything.

As for Amaura, I evolved mine later than most people. It evolves at night time starting at level 30 (or possibly earlier), so I don't think 13 levels after it starts evolving it still wouldn't learn the move. I will try the move re-learner anyway and see if I can learn it from her (and moonblast for Gardy).

New question:

Do I need strength to get through Victory Road?

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • 93 guests viewing? 0.o

Anyways, what are some ways one can raise a Pokémon's hapiness besides battling with it?

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • A question I have with the game is if it's bad to roller skate while you have Pokémon Amie open on the bottom screen. When you roller skate or bike with Pokémon Amie open, your Pokémon tumbles around and sometimes shakes as if it's uncomfortable. I'm just wondering if it's bad for your Pokémon or something. I think it'd be pretty dumb if they punished you for using your skates.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone know how to track your PokeRadar chain?

93 guests viewing? 0.o

Anyways, what are some ways one can raise a Pokémon's hapiness besides battling with it?
    Vitamins. And I think walking around does it too.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I don't think there are any. I haven't ran into any. You can buy the water, lemonade, and Soda pop in various stores in Lumoise though.

@ The Gardevoir question, it does learn it but it learns it relatively late I believe. The 50s or 60s I think?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm trying to trade over the GTS, buy I get a communication error every time. Anybody else having this issue?

Years
    • WV
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Blastoisnite?

How do I get this?

The man in the Stone Emporium says it costs 1,000,000, one more than you can physically have.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    well cheap way to get is pick Squritle when you get your 1gen start pokemon. but save your money up buy the stone from him. there way to make money in X & Y

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    @ The Gardevoir question, it does learn it but it learns it relatively late I believe. The 50s or 60s I think?

Nope.. My Gardevoir is almost 70s. I just learned it at the Move Tutor, along with Freeze Dry for Aurorus and Night Slash for Greninja (not sure if Grenny will learn that on his own, but it's lvl 65 already).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Nope.. My Gardevoir is almost 70s. I just learned it at the Move Tutor, along with Freeze Dry for Aurorus and Night Slash for Greninja (not sure if Grenny will learn that on his own, but it's lvl 65 already).

Ah, that was it. I'm sorry, I forgot I went to a move tutor! xD All I knew what that it >could< learn it somehow and for some reason thought 50s/60s. :s

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    OK, back. and trades for a Trubbish off the GTS. After checking the Pokédex, it says "Area unknown", but checking Trubbish's Summary, it was caught at the Lost Hotel. Is there some criteria that I need to finish before the trash cans will rumble?

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
  • I was searching forever for a pikachu in the forest, FINALLY found one and caught it. It had a lightball but not the nature I wanted. So I kept trying and finally caught a timid. Not what i was going for but I decided to go with it. My question is should I:

A. Keep trying for a modest pikachu?
    B. Stick with the timid pikachu and use lightball with him, keeping him as a pikachu.
    or C. Should I trade the lightball to someone and evolve my timid pikachu into a Raichu.

This will be for in game, with occasional random battles with passerbys. Thanks in advance for your response.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Where can I buy Lemonade / Soda Pop?

I've been scouring Lumiose for like... 20 minutes straight. Haven't found anything! This is maddening.

jammi567

Team Flare has activated the 'ultimate weapon', and I'm now at Geosenge admiring it. However, one of the grunts says their base in a boulder. Can someone be a little more specific and tell me exactly where it is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back