• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    so i just got my 3rd badge. how in the world do you rock smash? i taught it to Machoke but still cant use it.

You can use Rock Smash to smash rocks in the beach to get items like Revive, Heart Scale or encounter some Pokemon as well. :)

Reactions: KJ
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    There's mention of a special discount code for the Boutique in Lumious City, any idea where I might be able to get my hands on it?

My Fennekin (my own original starter) has started gaining boosted EXP for no reason I can think of? Why would this be? I mean, I'm not complaining, but I'd like to know why. Thanks!
    Don't hold me to this, but my Fennekin started gaining boosted EXP after I stopped it from evolving, so I'm assuming Pokémon that are able to evolve, but are prevented from doing so gain more experience from battles. This stopped happening after Fennekin evolved.

Years
  • So I have the Power Plant pass now, but it's not letting me in, it only says that the door is shut tight and I can't get in from there. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    So I have the Power Plant pass now, but it's not letting me in, it only says that the door is shut tight and I can't get in from there. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

You have to go in the door that's near the Flare guy who dropped the pass. I believe it's to his left IIRC (I could be wrong, but it's very close to him).

No other door will open with the pass.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Um... I did the following:

Go to Lumiose City
    Go to Northern Quarter
    Go West
    There's a office like building without a sign
    Go inside
    Go to 2nd floor

Then a weird ghost thing girl appeared behind me as if she wants shoot true terror of fear into my entire being. And the question is... Do I have to do something after that for her or something? Or leave it be?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Since the Moderator was So... kind to merge my thread which I was asking for Help in the general forums to here where I almost guarantee that my plea for assistance will go completely 100% unheard.

My Boyfriends 3DS cannot launch Pokemon X

Its hanging after hitting the game launch button on the start menu, hanging on the 3DS logo that usually quickly flashes.

We've gone as far as buying the digital version to try and see if that would do anything different and it doesn't

To clarify there is:

~ Version is a 5 month old 3DS XL

~No region lock, the game says USA on it, 3DS can be used with USA games.
    ~Other games from White 2, and Donkey Kong Country 3D work perfect on the 3DS
    ~Have tried BOTH Physical and Digital versions of the game to no Avail.
    ~Have tried factory reset
    ~Have tried starting game without SD card, or No game cartridge for digital version
    ~Have tried restarting the device multiple times
    ~Have ensured the system is fully updated

Nothing has worked so far and this has become very frusterating and still looking for help.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    well i sat out the black/white gen and have a couple questions.

is there a way to transfer pokemon from ss/hg to x/y?

and at about how many badges in can i start trading?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    well i sat out the black/white gen and have a couple questions.

is there a way to transfer pokemon from ss/hg to x/y?

and at about how many badges in can i start trading?

You are able to migrate your Pokemon from Gen V games to XY starting from mid-December.
    However to migrate Pokemon from Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh and Johto based games, they MUST go through any Unova based games, such Black and White and their respective sequels, by PokeTransporter and PokeBank.

You can trade Pokemon between Gen VI games, as long as you have two Pokemon in your party. :)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    You are able to migrate your Pokemon from Gen V games to XY starting from mid-December.
    However to migrate Pokemon from Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh and Johto based games, they MUST go through any Unova based games, such Black and White and their respective sequels, by PokeTransporter and PokeBank.

You can trade Pokemon between Gen VI games, as long as you have two Pokemon in your party. :)

so, i need to get a version of black or white :|

oh well, i'd probably need to complete x/y to unlock that option anyway; so i guess that can wait.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    How do I change my eye color? I read that you can change it at the salon in Lumiose but I went there and can only cut/color my hair. HALP

You must have the contact lens case in order to 'change' eye color.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    is there a list of what pokemon are only avilable in black and only in white?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Need some help!

Hello I just started playing pokemon x after skipping black/white and black2/white2. But anyway.. I found a pikachu because i really wanted one. But the next wild pokémon was also a Pikachu, i though it was just luck. but the third... Also a Pikachu, every wild pokémon is a Pikachu! Does anyone else have this?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Was this brownish-black, blue-eyed badger Pokemon confirmed as one of the existing Kalos Pokemon yet? If it hasn't, there may be a small chance that it could still be numerically situated after Zygarde in the Pokedex listing...?

X/Y Quick Q&A

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Will Yveltal/Xerneas respawn if you don't catch it?

As the title says; does anyone know if Yveltal/Xerneas simply respawns if you don't catch it during the storyline like Zekrom and Reshiram in BW(2)?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • You will have to keep fighting until you catch it.
    I accidentally knocked Xerneas off and she wanted me to catch her, again. And then the battle restarted after you interact with her again.
    So I guess it's the same for Yveltal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back