• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    leveling up pokemon

so i finished the story of x and y and now i have ev trained my pokemon. 4 of them are level one(trying to get good iv's) and i need to level them up. can anyone tell me some places i can level up my pokemon? thanks :)

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • so i finished the story of x and y and now i have ev trained my pokemon. 4 of them are level one(trying to get good iv's) and i need to level them up. can anyone tell me some places i can level up my pokemon? thanks :)
    Elite 4 would be the best option I think. You could also try the restaurants in Lumiose City or Battle Chateau. Or if you have a friend safari with a Chansey in it, give the Pokémon you want to train a Lucky Egg and battle it. It's only level 30 but it still gives a lot of exp. Also, put your EXP O-power on.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    so i finished the story of x and y and now i have ev trained my pokemon. 4 of them are level one(trying to get good iv's) and i need to level them up. can anyone tell me some places i can level up my pokemon? thanks :)

Elite 4 would be the best option I think. You could also try the restaurants in Lumiose City or Battle Chateau. Or if you have a friend safari with a Chansey in it, give the Pokémon you want to train a Lucky Egg and battle it. It's only level 30 but it still gives a lot of exp. Also, put your EXP O-power on.

Don't forget Restaurant Le Wow on Hibernal Avenue! ^^

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • If both parents hold a power item and destiny knot, will both be in effect when i breed. Or will only one be in effect while the other is ignored? Something odd occured where in both my parent pokemon hold a power item and destiny knot. Both have outstanding iv results but one offspring is only average ivs with only one perfect stat passed down

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Pokemon Y bug? Game doesn't register my progress.

So, I think there's something wrong with my Pokemon Y game. I have beaten the E4 and the champ multiple times, but yet some events that are supposed to be unlocked, aren't. For example, Looker isn't in his office, it's still that guy that says "Until recently, this place didn't have a tenant. But somebody finally rented it. I think the tenant will move in pretty soon." And the restaurant across the street still won't let me in, although they're supposed to after I beat the E4. And one more thing I noticed is that the stone shop in Lumiose City still sells only the water, leaf and fire stone, even though they're supposed to sell more stuff as I progress in the game.

Has anyone encountered this problem or am I the only one? I didn't use absolutely any cheats, I beat the E4 and the champ multiple times. Am I supposed to do something more? How do I fix it? Please help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    So, I think there's something wrong with my Pokemon Y game. I have beaten the E4 and the champ multiple times, but yet some events that are supposed to be unlocked, aren't. For example, Looker isn't in his office, it's still that guy that says "Until recently, this place didn't have a tenant. But somebody finally rented it. I think the tenant will move in pretty soon." And the restaurant across the street still won't let me in, although they're supposed to after I beat the E4. And one more thing I noticed is that the stone shop in Lumiose City still sells only the water, leaf and fire stone, even though they're supposed to sell more stuff as I progress in the game.

Has anyone encountered this problem or am I the only one? I didn't use absolutely any cheats, I beat the E4 and the champ multiple times. Am I supposed to do something more? How do I fix it? Please help.

have you done the battle mansion at lest once?
    then battled your rival?
    the looker quest for me dint start till after i started the mega stone hunt after i battled the rival.
    And iv only ever seen the ston stop sell water fire and leaf stone.

Reactions: Sun

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • So, I think there's something wrong with my Pokemon Y game. I have beaten the E4 and the champ multiple times, but yet some events that are supposed to be unlocked, aren't. For example, Looker isn't in his office, it's still that guy that says "Until recently, this place didn't have a tenant. But somebody finally rented it. I think the tenant will move in pretty soon." And the restaurant across the street still won't let me in, although they're supposed to after I beat the E4. And one more thing I noticed is that the stone shop in Lumiose City still sells only the water, leaf and fire stone, even though they're supposed to sell more stuff as I progress in the game.

Go to Kiloude City and do one battle in the battle mansion there.You can quit after the one battle and go to the upper most part of the city and battle your rival. then go to Anistar City and go t the sundial. Professor Sycamore is waiting then after that little cut scene walk into Luminose City. that starts the Looker Missions. The stone shop I believe only sells Water, Fire, Water, and Leaf stones but a man in ther sells Mega Stones. I haven't done the restaurant thing so i don't know about that.

Reactions: Sun

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Can someone help me with breeding. I caught a shiny yanma, and I want to use it to breed more shinies. What is the best way to do so? I read about the Masuda method, so this way I can breed shinies from the same egg group. But if the parent is also shiny, as in my case. How much more will it increase the chances?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Can someone help me with breeding. I caught a shiny yanma, and I want to use it to breed more shinies. What is the best way to do so? I read about the Masuda method, so this way I can breed shinies from the same egg group. But if the parent is also shiny, as in my case. How much more will it increase the chances?

Mummy and Daddy being Shiny no longer increases the chance!
    But if one of them were from foreign game cartridge/different from your region, then you have a higher chance of getting a Shiny baby. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Approximately how long does it take you to hatch

A shiny???

I have two boxes full of arons. This is my first time ever trying to hatch a shiny, any suggestions to get eggs faster??? Help please

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A shiny???

I have two boxes full of arons. This is my first time ever trying to hatch a shiny, any suggestions to get eggs faster??? Help please
    That really depends on how lucky you are. If you're trying to hatch a shiny using the Masuda Method (breeding a Pokémon with a Pokémon outside your country) then it can range from a few eggs to a few hundred eggs.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A shiny???

If you want to use the MM then best thing to do if you want them as fast as possible is to get the Oval Charm, which you get after seeing all the Pokemon in the Kalos Dex, minus the legendary and get a Jap. Pokemon that is the game as your's such as your Aron and a Jap. Aron. Pokemon of the same type of have eggs faster than a ditto and the pokemon of your choice.

You still have a 1 in over 1600 chance to get the a shiny. Some take hundreds. Some take less than 10. It is all luck based. I got my first MM Shiny with in 85 eggs, but I haven't had another one in over 500 eggs.

waytodawn96

The pro that hides
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2014
    Please Help Me!

I have a question about the Masuda Method, I have a japanese Ditto and an american Charizard. They are BOTH traded and are not native to my american game cart. Will the Masuda method still take effect even though they are both traded? Also, will someone trade me a shiny beldum or charmander? I have a zygarde, larvesta, and moltres to trade in exchange. Thanks.

Years
  • A couple questions regarding EVs:
    1) If I have the Exp. Share turned on, will all Pokemon in my party gain the EVs from defeating a Pokemon?
    2) Since catching Pokemon gives Exp. now, does that mean that I get EVS too?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back