• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I did indeed check bulbapedia but the rarity was unknown, well I guess it's a matter of luck. Thanks for the assistance ;)

It's listed as Uncommon on serebii.net, but it doesn't give any percentage, so I'm not sure what it means. If you have access to the Friend Safari, you can catch Gabite there though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Can I ask any question related to XY pokemon here ???
    Well, The downside of Froakie's evolution is that it can't use ''Frobble'' after evolving into Greninja because it no longer has any bubble in its body .
    But I learned from Bulbapedia that the white spot in its arm & Leg are actually bubbles .
    So , Does that mean Greninja also capable of using Frobble ???

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Can I ask any question related to XY pokemon here ???
    Well, The downside of Froakie's evolution is that it can't use ''Frobble'' after evolving into Greninja because it no longer has any bubble in its body .
    But I learned from Bulbapedia that the white spot in its arm & Leg are actually bubbles .
    So , Does that mean Greninja also capable of using Frobble ???

Frubble isn't an actual moves in the games, it's just an improvised move in the anime. So to answer your question, Greninja does not learn Frubble in the games, and for the moment nobody can say for sure if we'll ever see it using it in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Hi there, I was hoping to breed a wide-guard bastiodon using a wideguard mudkip/ swampert as its father.......however, bulbapedia has an asterisk next to wideguard that notes that "The move must be chainbred onto Shieldon in Generation V".......

This is very ambiguous syntax and could be taken to mean, "In Generation V, the move must be chainbred" - or it could mean "The move must be chainbred in Generation V or it otherwise isn't possible". I'm hoping it's the former because I don't have BW..........can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hi there, I was hoping to breed a wide-guard bastiodon using a wideguard mudkip/ swampert as its father.......however, bulbapedia has an asterisk next to wideguard that notes that "The move must be chainbred onto Shieldon in Generation V".......

This is very ambiguous syntax and could be taken to mean, "In Generation V, the move must be chainbred" - or it could mean "The move must be chainbred in Generation V or it otherwise isn't possible". I'm hoping it's the former because I don't have BW..........can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I think it's "In Generation V, the move must be chainbred", and they simply haven't updated the page yet. Use serebii.net for the moment, it seems like they have up-to-date info.

It seems like you'll be able to chain breed Wide Guard on Shieldon using your Mudkip.

Shieldon egg moves: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/410.shtml
    Mudkip egg moves: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/egg/258.shtml

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Pokerus help

Hello guys,

I am trying to ev train my pokemon, but it seems as a very long process without pokerus. I am fairly new gamer and don't really know how to find it. I read online that it would be best to simply ask for a pokemon with the virus in a forum.

Thanks in advance - my FD is 1134 - 8775 - 5034

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • Just a quick question, competitively, should I go with Hydro Pump or Scald for Greninja or is it just preference?
    New to competitive play so I'm not too sure. I've looked online and found both moves used, any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Just a quick question, competitively, should I go with Hydro Pump or Scald for Greninja or is it just preference?
    New to competitive play so I'm not too sure. I've looked online and found both moves used, any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

It depends what you want. Scald if you don't wanna risk missing with Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy but you'll suffer the power drop. But then again you'll gain the 30% burn and 100% reliability with Scald.

However, that nasty power drop will affect you because of Greninja's basic special attack stat.

Years

Hydro Pump may be strong but it's got quite shaky accuracy (70% is like, means it misses quite often) while Scald only sees use on bulky Water-types, and Greninja is certainly not that kind of Water-type. Surf is usually the preferred Water move of choice on it because it has good BP (even though it got weakened from 95 to 90 this gen) and it's reliable, due to having perfect accuracy.

Edit: lol Naya Rivera you Greninja (see what I did there)

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • The only Pokémon that should use Hydro Pump is Rotom-Wash, and that's because it's the only water attack it has. Moves with low or avarage accuracy just aren't worth it, because you'll lose because the attack misses. Attacks with high accuracy (90-95%), perfect accuracy (100%) or can't miss are preferred.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only Pokémon that should use Hydro Pump is Rotom-Wash, and that's because it's the only water attack it has. Moves with low or avarage accuracy just aren't worth it, because you'll lose because the attack misses. Attacks with high accuracy (90-95%), perfect accuracy (100%) or can't miss are preferred.
    That's up to personal preference. Hydro Pump is the preferred option for many players for the raw power it provides. A few players prefer Surf or the like if they hate missing with Hydro Pump.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    move set help

My talonflame is currently level 37, and has never learnt a single fire type move! Please someone explain what has happened and whwhat to do! I don't understand!:(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My talonflame is currently level 37, and has never learnt a single fire type move! Please someone explain what has happened and whwhat to do! I don't understand!:(

You should have at least Ember. But if you have a Heart Scale, you can go to Dendemille and the Move Relearner will teach it Flare Blitz. Level 39 is Flame Charge as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I've never had ember or anything, I was wondering if it was because of the exp share and not properly training my fletchling?...

If anyone has any idea why this has happened simply for piece of mind, please tell me. I know now I can get them back and learn flareblitz and flame charge, butility for future reference I would love to know.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Is there any way to check legality yet? Besides GTS/Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hydro Pump may be strong but it's got quite shaky accuracy (70% is like, means it misses quite often)

I'd just like to point out that Hydro Pump in fact has 80% accuracy, and is actually pretty reliable. The extra 10% it has over the likes of Blizzard and Thunder makes quite a difference.

wildjr

Some Random Dude
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    This is interesting. According to Bulbapedia, it should have learned Ember at Level 17, the moment it evolves into Fletchinder. Did you stop the evolution?

Apart from Ember, assuming you evolved it at the default levels, 17 and 35, it should not know any other fire type move. Try levelling it up to Lv39. It should learn Flame Charge then.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I never stopped the evolution, so no reason for the loss if ember, but thanks anyway guys, I got flame charge. ... Not too sure what it is that I did.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Has anyone got any tips or info at all on breeding for shinys?

I heard from a friend your chances are increased if you use a Pokemon that isn't from your country? Example: I have a French Spritzee I got on GTS I've been breeding with a Ditto I caught in the Pokemon village to try and get a shiny - are my chances increased because my Spritzee is from a French game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Has anyone got any tips or info at all on breeding for shinys?

I heard from a friend your chances are increased if you use a Pokemon that isn't from your country? Example: I have a French Spritzee I got on GTS I've been breeding with a Ditto I caught in the Pokemon village to try and get a shiny - are my chances increased because my Spritzee is from a French game?

What your friend is talking about is known as the Masuda Method. And its as simple as that. Breeding with a foreign Pokemon increases the chance of a shiny being hatched. The Shiny Charm also helps, but that takes a bit of work to get.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back