• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I am pretty shocked by how many people are on the Z ship when all signs are pointing against it. Masuda has stated he does not want to do Z and also the anime is doing Z so when the new game does drop the Z arc would be done or at the very least close to being done. That would mean the anime would have nothing new to do till Gen 7 and that would be pretty meh. I am hoping it is not Z but something else. XY2 is fine since while foggy on the story I do remember really enjoying how we got a new story over an enhanced remake back in 2012.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I am pretty shocked by how many people are on the Z ship when all signs are pointing against it. Masuda has stated he does not want to do Z and also the anime is doing Z so when the new game does drop the Z arc would be done or at the very least close to being done. That would mean the anime would have nothing new to do till Gen 7 and that would be pretty meh. I am hoping it is not Z but something else. XY2 is fine since while foggy on the story I do remember really enjoying how we got a new story over an enhanced remake back in 2012.
    exactly, we don't need to be sliding back into the crystal, emerald, platinum rend that made you regret getting the first 2 games of the gen.
    masuda also said he didn't want to go back to that.
    though for some reason everyone here likes to ignore what he says when they get into their speculation.
    we also already had 2 remakes & 4 semi-remakes/re-releases in the main series so its also highly doubtful we're getting a yellow remake.
    people see 20th anniversary and they just mindlessly jump onto the "yellow remake bandwagon".
    when we got the HGSS remakes masuda clearly stated that the pokemon following you around feature would never return. at that point it should have been obvious that theres never going to be a yellow remake.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I think people are just calling it Z as a placeholder, since we have no clear idea on what the game is going to be like or if it'll even exist in that form. It could be a pair of sequels again, or a prequel, or a third version, or something else nobody has thought of.

As for the anime doing the arc, it's important to note that the anime is primarily an advertisement tool for the games. It's the reason why Ash's team keeps getting reset and his traveling companions vanish off the face of the earth; his only purpose now is to go through the regions showcasing as much of the new Pokemon and features as possible. This Z arc is likely advertisement for a future game, seeing as how we have new Pokemon formes made available for Zygarde, which actually has two signature moves in the code that are never used.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Yeah, most of us are using it as a placeholder. And it's not like we're doing it for a ridiculous reason either... it's not our fault that TPC has been plastering a "Z" label on literally everything relating to Zygarde and upcoming merchandise. What else are we supposed to call it? If anything, there's actually more evidence pointing towards a "Z" than going against it. And that Masuda quote in question is not to be taken at face-value; he only said doing Z RIGHT AFTER X/Y would be too predictable, so they went with ORAS instead.

Years
    I mean the Jan 8th 2013 was teased as "An Evolution of Pokemon" xD, sorry for the confusing phrasing.

The event Pikachu that was teased as "Shocking News" came out later irc. Some even thought that the "Shocking news" was teasing a Yellow Remake.

Aaaaah, ok, got you!! :)

I am a bit confused about it because I didn't see anything Pikachu-related in the link you posted. But I do remember that teaser very well, it was at the end of a BW2 trailer. But IIRC, I don't think they used any wording similar to "world shaking" or whatever to describe it. I did look back on Serebii's archived news to double-check, but I couldn't find anything. When they revealed ORAS, it was more or less out of the blue, so no such wording was used for that either.

I'm starting to think that they use "world shaking" type of wording on less-significant stuff, and then less-shocking terminology for main series games to increase the shock factor. Nothing in that BW2 teaser suggests that the news was X/Y, and then the fandom got a big shock out of it because we weren't expecting another main game so soon.

I was looking on TPC's twitter from 2013, there was a tweet on the 4th of January telling us that "big news" was coming on the 8th, so that could be where i'm feeling the similar vibes.

I hope they don't try that kind of psychology on us this year! We're all gasping for main game news. The only thing really keeping me from going insane is the anime. Totally hyped up for the Ash/Alan battle, even though we know Ash is very very likely to lose (100% certainty let's be real) i'm excited because this will start that arc properly so we might finally start getting some answers about Ash-Greninja, like whether or not it's a form of Mega evolution that could be incorporated into Pokemon Z, or whether it's just going to be an anime exclusive thing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Aaaaah, ok, got you!! :)

I was looking on TPC's twitter from 2013, there was a tweet on the 4th of January telling us that "big news" was coming on the 8th, so that could be where i'm feeling the similar vibes.

I hope they don't try that kind of psychology on us this year! We're all gasping for main game news. The only thing really keeping me from going insane is the anime. Totally hyped up for the Ash/Alan battle, even though we know Ash is very very likely to lose (100% certainty let's be real) i'm excited because this will start that arc properly so we might finally start getting some answers about Ash-Greninja, like whether or not it's a form of Mega evolution that could be incorporated into Pokemon Z, or whether it's just going to be an anime exclusive thing.

Masuda similarly told us to look out for Corocoro a few days prior to the release of the issue.
    I also want to know what AshGreninja is, so far it is exclusive to the anime and Picross.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Speaking of, he had been making a bunch of tweets for the past few days about being in San Francisco. When he had arrived, he had said word-for-word that it was a business trip. He wasn't there for very long, only for about 3-4 days. I had thought it was strange because I didn't think there were any specific headquarters in San Fran that he would be going to for work-related things. Does Game Freak have an office there or something?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Yeah, most of us are using it as a placeholder. And it's not like we're doing it for a ridiculous reason either... it's not our fault that TPC has been plastering a "Z" label on literally everything relating to Zygarde and upcoming merchandise. What else are we supposed to call it? If anything, there's actually more evidence pointing towards a "Z" than going against it. And that Masuda quote in question is not to be taken at face-value; he only said doing Z RIGHT AFTER X/Y would be too predictable, so they went with ORAS instead.

Could be said people predicted ORAS too Though sokme did say since Gen 3 could could coonect to XY via older games it would not be done a lot did just due to how younger kids have not played Gen 3. I can see every Gen being remade and due to Gen 1 being on eshop next month them putting older games on the eshop to just let younger kids play. Though I kinda do wonder if they will remake Gen 4 onwards assuming DPP do get eshop releases on NX. Though that may be going too far. I am wondering how far ahead of game info the writers have. Like I read the last part of DP would have not been so rushed but the writers had Gen 5 just tossed at them. So I am curious if what will happen in Z is just anime only. Which idk how fans would react.

With that said it could just be Gen 7 since the pic they showed us a few months ago showed years the new gens came (only new gen games mind you) and left 2016 blank so yeah not sure. Though I would rather have Gen 7 on NX assuming it is a fusion but even if it is not I am betting it will if we don't get a new handheld soon.

Calling it now the Kalos game for 2016 will be Red Y Blue X :)
    Speaking of, he had been making a bunch of tweets for the past few days about being in San Francisco. When he had arrived, he had said word-for-word that it was a business trip. He wasn't there for very long, only for about 3-4 days. I had thought it was strange because I didn't think there were any specific headquarters in San Fran that he would be going to for work-related things. Does Game Freak have an office there or something?

That is where the Worlds 2016 are going to be so he was likely meeting with people

Last edited:

Years
    Could be said people predicted ORAS too Though sokme did say since Gen 3 could could coonect to XY via older games it would not be done a lot did just due to how younger kids have not played Gen 3. I can see every Gen being remade and due to Gen 1 being on eshop next month them putting older games on the eshop to just let younger kids play. Though I kinda do wonder if they will remake Gen 4 onwards assuming DPP do get eshop releases on NX. Though that may be going too far. I am wondering how far ahead of game info the writers have. Like I read the last part of DP would have not been so rushed but the writers had Gen 5 just tossed at them. So I am curious if what will happen in Z is just anime only. Which idk how fans would react.

With that said it could just be Gen 7 since the pic they showed us a few months ago showed years the new gens came (only new gen games mind you) and left 2016 blank so yeah not sure. Though I would rather have Gen 7 on NX assuming it is a fusion but even if it is not I am betting it will if we don't get a new handheld soon.

Calling it now the Kalos game for 2016 will be Red Y Blue X :)

That is where the Worlds 2016 are going to be so he was likely meeting with people

Red X and Blue Y maybe? I can see some combo of those come true...not sure what the story would be though.

Interestingly in several media Zygarde is referred to as the 'Z' while Yvetal, Xerneas, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre are called the Y, X, Delta, Omega, and Alpha. Now all those are used in their game names, while Delta is used in the trademarked name for a Emerald remake (Delta Emerald), so Z will likely be part of the name (XZ, YZ if sequels, Z if it's a third version).

I think Shadow mentioned this before, but perhaps it will be called Zeta, especially if it tries to tie together XY and OrAs. Zeta is a greek letter, and it's pronounciation is similar to that of Z in Spanish.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Red X and Blue Y maybe? I can see some combo of those come true...not sure what the story would be though.

Interestingly in several media Zygarde is referred to as the 'Z' while Yvetal, Xerneas, Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre are called the Y, X, Delta, Omega, and Alpha. Now all those are used in their game names, while Delta is used in the trademarked name for a Emerald remake (Delta Emerald), so Z will likely be part of the name (XZ, YZ if sequels, Z if it's a third version).

I think Shadow mentioned this before, but perhaps it will be called Zeta, especially if it tries to tie together XY and OrAs. Zeta is a greek letter, and it's pronounciation is similar to that of Z in Spanish.

Tying together XY and ORAS is what I hope since it would be a game trilogy which would be a first. Still playing OR but I heard that everything prior Gen 6 is another universe. Not sure how true that is. Also not sure if that means Kanto-Unova never existed? So confused But the Zeta idea would be cool.

Years
    Tying together XY and ORAS is what I hope since it would be a game trilogy which would be a first. Still playing OR but I heard that everything prior Gen 6 is another universe. Not sure how true that is. Also not sure if that means Kanto-Unova never existed? So confused But the Zeta idea would be cool.

I think it should be clear once you reach the Delta Episode, but if it's not then I'll be glad to clear it up for you :).

I guess it would be like a trilogy...would truly be a novel idea for Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I think it should be clear once you reach the Delta Episode, but if it's not then I'll be glad to clear it up for you :).

I guess it would be like a trilogy...would truly be a novel idea for Pokemon.

Yeah I do a lot of people wishing they games connected more. I understand where they are coming from. With gens 1 and 3 the games felt connected but later on it felt like each game was in another world.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    The funny thing about Zeta is that it's the 6th letter in the Greek alphabet, and we're in Generation... you guessed it, 6.

In all seriousness, that name does sound pretty cool though. I would personally prefer that over just plain "Z", and I hope that it would be more than just a standard 3rd version. A lot more. Seriously, they broke the mold with sequels in Gen 5, I think that they'll have to top that and do better than just go back to a regular 3rd version.

Making it as a part to a trilogy to go with X/Y and ORAS would be awesome... it kinda does seem like they're trying to go that route, at least to me anyways because of all the references and connections that were made in the Delta Episode of ORAS. The most blatant ones of all was the fact that AZ planted a giant tree in Sootopolis, and that Aqua/Magma and Devon Corp did research on the Ultimate Weapon... that one really stands out because they're interested in something that seems Kalos-exclusive, and Kalis is supposed to be very far away from Hoenn? And Zinnia seems to know a hell of a lot about the Kalos War too.

Years
    Yeah I do a lot of people wishing they games connected more. I understand where they are coming from. With gens 1 and 3 the games felt connected but later on it felt like each game was in another world.

Gen IV had some connections, but with Gen V it felt even more distant (more so with BW than B2W2), and as did XY prior to the release of OrAs. The most connected are I and II for sure.

@ Wings Not to mention Zygarde and it's links to Hexagons. Actually Zygarde in some ways thus far has six known components. Red core, Cells (closest we have to a Green core as they're all green bodied), Blue core, Dog, Snake, and Humanoid. Interestingly Delta is the third letter...and we all know who the Delta is and what gen it's originally from...

Years
    i think it's possible that pokemon Z will happen this year, just think about it this pattern: even since 2000 when crystal (not counting yellow in 1998) released in japan, then in 2004, they released emerald in japan, then in 2008 for platinum, then 2012 for B2/W2. So the pattern is that ever since crystal, they released the third version every 4 years starting in japan. in other words, this "might" be our year for pokemon Z version.

Years
    i think it's possible that pokemon Z will happen this year, just think about it this pattern: even since 2000 when crystal (not counting yellow in 1998) released in japan, then in 2004, they released emerald in japan, then in 2008 for platinum, then 2012 for B2/W2. So the pattern is that ever since crystal, they released the third version every 4 years starting in japan. in other words, this "might" be our year for pokemon Z version.

Actually, if you count Japanese Blue as the third version (to RG) instead of Yellow then the pattern holds for all third versions (as well as the sequels) as Blue was released in 1996 (in October). (Wait a moment might 2020 see the release of both Gen VII's third version/sequels and DP remakes (going by the 2X+6 years after original release equation (X being Gen's number), as the Remake every five years would mean DP remakes by 2019...I guess they could repeat Gen III's pattern more so than this Gen did...)

Years
    Actually, if you count Japanese Blue as the third version (to RG) instead of Yellow then the pattern holds for all third versions (as well as the sequels) as Blue was released in 1996 (in October). (Wait a moment might 2020 see the release of both Gen VII's third version/sequels and DP remakes (going by the 2X+6 years after original release equation (X being Gen's number), as the Remake every five years would mean DP remakes by 2019...I guess they could repeat Gen III's pattern more so than this Gen did...)

maybe, but you have to remember that game freak can be unpredictable when it comes to the release dates for pokemon

Years
    maybe, but you have to remember that game freak can be unpredictable when it comes to the release dates for pokemon

I guess. But interestingly the generational gaps have been 3,3,4,4, and 3. While going by the equation I mentioned DP remakes would be in 2020, BW 2026, and XY 2031, which would make the remake gaps 5,5,6,6,5 (mimicking the generational gaps' slight differences, but considering that it takes into account release year that's to be expected...)

Anyways I hope that Z will be announced soon. I'm kind of starting to look beyond it now...especially with all this talk about DP remakes...

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016

Matters what Nintendo is doing. I think we need to see what the new system is and does. I don't know if 3DS would be supported in 2019 and if Pokémon does go to NX I am guessing the games would be given a new look due to being on a HD system. So I assume that could make them in dev for longer periods of time due to being bigger. Nintendo has us on the edge of our seats. One for Pokémon the other for NX

I guess. But interestingly the generational gaps have been 3,3,4,4, and 3. While going by the equation I mentioned DP remakes would be in 2020, BW 2026, and XY 2031, which would make the remake gaps 5,5,6,6,5 (mimicking the generational gaps' slight differences, but considering that it takes into account release year that's to be expected...)

Anyways I hope that Z will be announced soon. I'm kind of starting to look beyond it now...especially with all this talk about DP remakes...

I would be 41 when XY remakes drop. That is terrifying!

Years
    Matters what Nintendo is doing. I think we need to see what the new system is and does. I don't know if 3DS would be supported in 2019 and if Pokémon does go to NX I am guessing the games would be given a new look due to being on a HD system. So I assume that could make them in dev for longer periods of time due to being bigger. Nintendo has us on the edge of our seats. One for Pokémon the other for NX

I would be 41 when XY remakes drop. That is terrifying!
    I've read that Nintendo plans to keep making 3DS games alongside the NX. They tried to do the same thing with the Game Boy Advance and DS...well we saw how that ended...

Speaking of graphics I hope that GF pushes the graphics of the game beyond what we saw in OrAs. Kalos will be even more beautiful than it was in XY if they can pull that off. Also, I kind of hope they make the models interact with the mon's moves better. I mean I wish the fire would be directly over a mon's mouth when ir uses Flame Thrower, instead of it's neck...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back