• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    I've read that Nintendo plans to keep making 3DS games alongside the NX. They tried to do the same thing with the Game Boy Advance and DS...well we saw how that ended...

Speaking of graphics I hope that GF pushes the graphics of the game beyond what we saw in OrAs. Kalos will be even more beautiful than it was in XY if they can pull that off. Also, I kind of hope they make the models interact with the mon's moves better. I mean I wish the fire would be directly over a mon's mouth when ir uses Flame Thrower, instead of it's neck...

The question is how long would that mean. Also wonder if it means actually quality games since the last two years of the DS line was meh and the only good thing was Pokémon BW2. Though for us in the USA a few years more of 3DS is good and could mean localizations. Would love to see a lot of 3DS games come over. Just hope if NX is the only option for Pokémon GF does not hold off and we get Gen 7 on 3DS. Would rather them go all out and do it on the newest system myself.

However yeah pushing the 3DS limits would be cool. Top that with post game content and it would be a great anniversary game. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Pokemon Z?
    Pokemon AZ?
    @__@

Is it purely a coincidence AZ's name is both the start and end of the English Alphabet? Especially when considering how ORAS is the same, except in Greek.
    I dunno, purely speculation at this point, but AZ's character wasn't fully fleshed out in XY, the sequels could pose an actual explanation for many of the events that we've been kept in the shadows about.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The question is how long would that mean. Also wonder if it means actually quality games since the last two years of the DS line was meh and the only good thing was Pokémon BW2. Though for us in the USA a few years more of 3DS is good and could mean localizations. Would love to see a lot of 3DS games come over. Just hope if NX is the only option for Pokémon GF does not hold off and we get Gen 7 on 3DS. Would rather them go all out and do it on the newest system myself.

However yeah pushing the 3DS limits would be cool. Top that with post game content and it would be a great anniversary game. :)
    Or at the very least New 3DS games since there's only one exclusive for it...
    It sure would.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    Could be said people predicted ORAS too Though some did say since Gen 3 could could connect to XY via older games it would not be done a lot did just due to how younger kids have not played Gen 3.
    "predicted"
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

and to think, this started off as a half life 3 joke.
    difference being is that gamefreak provided within a couple of years since the "hoenn confirmed" meme spread back in 2012, while valve has been occasionally teasing the half life fans every so often since back in 2007....
    I think Shadow mentioned this before, but perhaps it will be called Zeta, especially if it tries to tie together XY and OrAs. Zeta is a greek letter, and it's pronounciation is similar to that of Z in Spanish.
    Tying together XY and ORAS is what I hope since it would be a game trilogy which would be a first. Still playing OR but I heard that everything prior Gen 6 is another universe. Not sure how true that is. Also not sure if that means Kanto-Unova never existed? So confused But the Zeta idea would be cool.
    The funny thing about Zeta is that it's the 6th letter in the Greek alphabet, and we're in Generation... you guessed it, 6.
    from back on Oct 23 on page 45 of this thread, post number 1110 makes its epic return once again!!
    Pokemon ZETA Yellow.

atomic pikachu edition

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    "predicted"

from back on Oct 23 on page 45 of this thread, post number 1110 makes its epic return once again!!

Honestly , I would prefer an Ash-Pikachu where Pikachu transform into a Large Quadruped Pokemon like "Raikou" .
    Specially since Ash-Pikachu makes more sense then Ash-Greninja.
    Plus No matter how many powerful Pokemon Ash Catch , Pikachu will be the one to win the Final fight So it Need a Special transformation then any other pokemon.

I wonder , How many year it will take for all Starter pokemon to get their Megevolution? Because its not fair that One region Starter pokemon gets Megevolution whilie another region doesn't ! Its like determining Kento & Hoenn stater to be superior then Other Region's starter since they can Megevolove.
    ORAS had a good chance to give All starter pokemon their Mega form.
    Question is : "Will any starter pokemon get Megevolution in Pokemon Z" ?
    Off course , It depend on how many remake we will get in Future !

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I just realised that X/Y might have hinted at how many games Gen VI would consist of. The blue pentagon was introduced in said gams, as well as Kalos being shaped like a pentagon. A pentagon has 5 sides. Each side represents a game. 5 sides = 5 games. (XYORAS and the allegdly 'Z').
    Haha lol I don't know if this was intentional or not but it sure is a coincidence.

I like the name Zeta. Still has Z in the title and isn't very predictable. I think XYZ could simply also be a title.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Honestly , I would prefer an Ash-Pikachu where Pikachu transform into a Large Quadruped Pokemon like "Raikou" .
    Plus No matter how many powerful Pokemon Ash Catch , Pikachu will be the one to win the Final fight So it Need a Special transformation then any other pokemon.

I wonder , How many year it will take for all Starter pokemon to get their Megevolution? Because its not fair that One region Starter pokemon gets Megevolution whilie another region doesn't ! Its like determining Kento & Hoenn stater to be superior then Other Region's starter since they can Megevolove.
    ORAS had a good chance to give All starter pokemon their Mega form.
    Question is : "Will any starter pokemon get Megevolution in Pokemon Z" ?
    Off course , It depend on how many remake we will get in Future !

Not always Charizard id in Johto and Greninja is very likely too in Kalos. Plus hasn't GReninja been used a lot more in battles in Kalos? (As in trainer battles not random Team Rocket stuff)

As for ORAS most level headed fans knew it was coming and not from random stuff. Masuda stayed he wanted to do plus it was the only thing that made a bit of sense. No way would we get anything but a remake after one year of Gen 6. Would have been very odd. Maybe a 3rd version if we had a year gap like in Gen 4. But the writing was on the walls just like the Gen 2 remakes were on the DP/P walls. (I swear to god 7 years of playing Ace Attorney has made me take everything as a clue in life XD

Also %99 sure were getting a Direct next month since we have always had one since since 2012 in Jan or Feb plus they need to release the new DLC for Smash and so far every day we get Smash fighters we get a Direct. Plus let us remember that new Nintendo program in March and I can't see them just releasing with no direct to show it off. If we get a Direct showing the new game off next month it could come out any time between June-Nov (since BW2 was shown in Feb and out in Japan by June though XY was shown in Jan and out in Oct) REally hope for the sake of the sanity of the fans it is not shown too late in the year. Fans are already gnawing at Masuda' s butt as it is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Not always Charizard id in Johto and Greninja is very likely too in Kalos. Plus hasn't GReninja been used a lot more in battles in Kalos? (As in trainer battles not random Team Rocket stuff)

As for ORAS most level headed fans knew it was coming and not from random stuff. Masuda stayed he wanted to do plus it was the only thing that made a bit of sense. No way would we get anything but a remake after one year of Gen 6. Would have been very odd. Maybe a 3rd version if we had a year gap like in Gen 4. But the writing was on the walls just like the Gen 2 remakes were on the DP/P walls. (I swear to god 7 years of playing Ace Attorney has made me take everything as a clue in life XD

Also %99 sure were getting a Direct next month since we have always had one since since 2012 in Jan or Feb plus they need to release the new DLC for Smash and so far every day we get Smash fighters we get a Direct. Plus let us remember that new Nintendo program in March and I can't see them just releasing with no direct to show it off. If we get a Direct showing the new game off next month it could come out any time between June-Nov (since BW2 was shown in Feb and out in Japan by June though XY was shown in Jan and out in Oct) REally hope for the sake of the sanity of the fans it is not shown too late in the year. Fans are already gnawing at Masuda' s butt as it is.

Ash's two greatest achievment is Winning Orange League and Conquering Battle Frontier .
    Both of them were achieved by Pikachu.
    Ash didn't achieve anything in League conference except beating the main rival.

Currently we all want to know Is Ash-Greninja an Anime exclusive evolution Or an Official Game Evolution ?
    Also , Does that mean Kalo stater will not get Megevolution ?
    Honestly , If Ash-Greninja is official Game evolution then I believe it can Manipulate Mystical Water (As mention in Magazine scan).
    However if Ash-Greninja is an Anime-exclusive pokemon then Is it possible for Infernape to transform in Ash-Infernape and manipulate Cosmic Flame.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Giving all starter pokemon a mega right off the bat, takes the fun out of it. I like how they are releasing them. I could careless how long it takes. Johto and Sinnoh have a good chance coming out. Hell, they could easily replace Kanto starters, if it is a sequel, with Johto, Sinnoh, or Unova starters.

Anyway, if by a slim chance we do get more pokemon. Such as the true the trio of the region, I am really hoping for Wolf Legends. Especially with people claiming that Kalos is similar to Norse Mythology.

I also have a feeling that the Legendary Birds will be getting Megas and they will play a bigger role in Z.

They need to do something with Megastones though. Make a pouch for them or something in the bag. Not just in general items. If we get 100+ Mega Stones, it is going to be a freaking pain to find anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Ash's two greatest achievment is Winning Orange League and Conquering Battle Frontier .

Currently we all want to know Is Ash-Greninja an Anime exclusive evolution Or an Official Game Evolution ?
    Also , Does that mean Kalo stater will not get Megevolution ?
    Honestly , If Ash-Greninja is official Game evolution then I believe it can Manipulate Mystical Water (As mention in Magazine scan).
    However if Ash-Greninja is an Anime-exclusive pokemon then Is it possible for Infernape to transform in Ash-Infernape and manipulate Cosmic Flame.

Getting top in a tournament is not the only thing that matters He has done great in leagues just by getting fa in the finals. I hate how fans think he needs to win a league to better himself as a trainer. He improves with each region (minus BW but let's forget BW is a thing) if coming 1st mattered in life a good chunk of people would be losers. People need to get out of the mentality and look the things he does do rather than the things he does not do. Honestly his leagues are a lot more realistic than most anime series. He has a progression rather than automatic wins which is a pretty dull thing. Which is why I enjoyed the original Dragonball since Goku had a progression to win the World Martials Arts Tournament. It was not him winning all 3 times.

As far as we know Ash could appear in game and give you something for the Greninja evo. After all Alain was mentioned by Steven in game so they may be bridging the gap between game and anime. which I am fine with since I always felt doing side quests would be great in game like how the anime has Ash doing stuff between gyms. Always felt the progression to gyms was to short and nothing really happens in between. The first part of XY was great since a lot went down Between you getting a starter and the Mega Lucario battle but after that it just felt rushed and the story just dropped till the last part of the game. Did GF's first game in the 3D world suffer due to them not knowing how to handle 3D? Maybe I can see them spending too much time on the 3D part and not enough on the story. Which is why I wish they let people who know how to do 3D JRPGS help. Square ,Level 5,Atlus etc. I am loving ORAS though that was a remake so even if the story is a lot more fleshed I can't say that GF has become skilled in balancing story with graphics since a good chunk of ORAS was already written years ago. I am hoping the new game does not skim. Give a good story and good progression with extra stuff for post game. Megaman Battle Network 3 is a good example since after beating the main story it felt as if you had a whole entire game with post story alone.

Giving all starter pokemon a mega right off the bat, takes the fun out of it. I like how they are releasing them. I could careless how long it takes. Johto and Sinnoh have a good chance coming out. Hell, they could easily replace Kanto starters, if it is a sequel, with Johto, Sinnoh, or Unova starters.

Anyway, if by a slim chance we do get more pokemon. Such as the true the trio of the region, I am really hoping for Wolf Legends. Especially with people claiming that Kalos is similar to Norse Mythology.

I also have a feeling that the Legendary Birds will be getting Megas and they will play a bigger role in Z.

They need to do something with Megastones though. Make a pouch for them or something in the bag. Not just in general items. If we get 100+ Mega Stones, it is going to be a freaking pain to find anything.

This I agree doing them over time is better than all at once. Though I hope not ever starter gets a mega myself. I did find it weird we did not get that kind of trio also just one Eevelution was weird too.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

This... all of it. I'm surprised they didn't do this in the first place.

Also is it February yet? So many things in February I'm excited... I hope they come out with stickers of that 20th logo that you can put in the windows of your car.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Getting top in a tournament is not the only thing that matters He has done great in leagues just by getting fa in the finals. I hate how fans think he needs to win a league to better himself as a trainer. He improves with each region (minus BW but let's forget BW is a thing) if coming 1st mattered in life a good chunk of people would be losers. People need to get out of the mentality and look the things he does do rather than the things he does not do. Honestly his leagues are a lot more realistic than most anime series. He has a progression rather than automatic wins which is a pretty dull thing. Which is why I enjoyed the original Dragonball since Goku had a progression to win the World Martials Arts Tournament. It was not him winning all 3 times.

As far as we know Ash could appear in game and give you something for the Greninja evo. After all Alain was mentioned by Steven in game so they may be bridging the gap between game and anime. which I am fine with since I always felt doing side quests would be great in game like how the anime has Ash doing stuff between gyms. Always felt the progression to gyms was to short and nothing really happens in between. The first part of XY was great since a lot went down Between you getting a starter and the Mega Lucario battle but after that it just felt rushed and the story just dropped till the last part of the game. Did GF's first game in the 3D world suffer due to them not knowing how to handle 3D? Maybe I can see them spending too much time on the 3D part and not enough on the story. Which is why I wish they let people who know how to do 3D JRPGS help. Square ,Level 5,Atlus etc. I am loving ORAS though that was a remake so even if the story is a lot more fleshed I can't say that GF has become skilled in balancing story with graphics since a good chunk of ORAS was already written years ago. I am hoping the new game does not skim. Give a good story and good progression with extra stuff for post game. Megaman Battle Network 3 is a good example since after beating the main story it felt as if you had a whole entire game with post story alone.

Ursula who nearly beat Dawn only reach Top 16 !
    While Jessie who got creamed by Dawn reach Top 08 , Do you think that make Jessie better then Ursula ?
    Or , Ash was the 2nd most powerful trainer in Sinnoh league and the only trainer in Sinnoh to beat Trodias's Darkrai Yet He's Top 08 while some nobody in the Runner-Up.
    Do you think Ranking mean anything to indicate any trainer's power ?
    At the end , It only matter who wins or lose ! Only that can be use as prof of a trainer strength.
    Goku may lose twice he won in his 3rd time ! Plus , he reached the final while Ash can't even become a finalist.
    Truth is , Ash gone in 8 quest and succeed only in 2 quest !
    Anyway , let drop it because we are spamming .

Also , Ash can't appear in the game ! Even if he did , He can't give anything to player to Ash-evolve their pokemon because Ash-evolution is something comes from Ash.
    If Ash-evolution is some sort of synchro evolution then the Pokemon will take the appearance of the player , Not Ash!
    Ash can only appear in a Game that specifically made for the Anime where Ash is the playable character.
    Furthermore , We can't be sure that the Alain whom Steven mentioned is the same Alain from Anime.
    Its Just like Game N is different then Anime N.
    Chances are that , Alain in Game might be different from Alain in Anime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Ursula who nearly beat Dawn only reach Top 16 !
    While Jessie who got creamed by Dawn reach Top 08 , Do you think that make Jessie better then Ursula ?
    Or , Ash was the 2nd most powerful trainer in Sinnoh league and the only trainer in Sinnoh to beat Trodias's Darkrai Yet He's Top 08 while some nobody in the Runner-Up.
    Do you think Ranking mean anything to indicate any trainer's power ?
    At the end , It only matter who wins or lose ! Only that can be use as prof of a trainer strength.
    Goku may lose twice he won in his 3rd time ! Plus , he reached the final while Ash can't even become a finalist.
    Truth is , Ash gone in 8 quest and succeed only in 2 quest !
    Anyway , let drop it because we are spamming .

Also , Ash can't appear in the game ! Even if he did , He can't give anything to player to Ash-evolve their pokemon because Ash-evolution is something comes from Ash.
    If Ash-evolution is some sort of synchro evolution then the Pokemon will take the appearance of the player , Not Ash!
    Ash can only appear in a Game that specifically made for the Anime where Ash is the playable character.
    Furthermore , We can't be sure that the Alain whom Steven mentioned is the same Alain from Anime.
    Its Just like Game N is different then Anime N.
    Chances are that , Alain in Game might be different from Alain in Anime.

Non of this is true. But I have wanted time with fans with this view before so not going to waste my time or energy on it again.

Moving on

We need a co op mode and no not MMO but something like where you can call in a friend at times or heck just travel around the region at times together. I thought were would get that in Gen 5 due to how that link thing was shown off but I tried it with a friend and it would not let anyone leave the park. (Like when I tried to leave the gate it was unavailable which was a let down) So while a MMO Pokémon came I know would never truly work or at least in the way people think it would doing a co op with one other person at least could be fun even if it is post game and just wandering around Kalos.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    That is where the Worlds 2016 are going to be so he was likely meeting with people

That's what I was thinking too, maybe he plans on making an appearance at Worlds this year? Or does he actually help out with coordinating those events every year?

I had also thought of the idea that it may have had something to do with the Pokemon ad that's supposed to air during the Super Bowl... but the only reason I had thought of that is because San Francisco is where it will be held this year. But it was The Pokemon Company who is responsible for that ad, and not Game Freak, so this idea is very likely Farfetch'd.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    you do realize that the only reason ash didn't win the sinnoh league is cause Tobias was created in order to prevent him from doing so, right?
    ash should have at least been in second place, he is the only one that managed to defeat that darkrai and tobias stated that gible's draco meteor could have otko'd the rest of his team.
    you just know the writers are gonna pull the same BS with kalos as well, create an OP character to prevent ash from going up in the world then having him clear his team again & pikachu will be castrated again.
    because what better way to tell kids to achieve their dreams then making a MC who will NEVER achieve his?

Years
    That's what I was thinking too, maybe he plans on making an appearance at Worlds this year? Or does he actually help out with coordinating those events every year?

I had also thought of the idea that it may have had something to do with the Pokemon ad that's supposed to air during the Super Bowl... but the only reason I had thought of that is because San Francisco is where it will be held this year. But it was The Pokemon Company who is responsible for that ad, and not Game Freak, so this idea is very likely Farfetch'd.
    They have made announcements at worlds these past few years irc. In 2013 Mega Kanga was revealed. In 2014 it was another Mega but for OrAs. In 2015 Pokken for Wii U was announced.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016

Doesn't he go to every Worlds? I saw him in Boston last year and thought he went to the ones in 2013 and 2014 too. So I assumed he went to everyone. I would love to see Mr.Tajiri come out of the shadows for Worlds 2016. The guy is pretty much mia

you do realize that the only reason ash didn't win the sinnoh league is cause Tobias was created in order to prevent him from doing so, right?
    ash should have at least been in second place, he is the only one that managed to defeat that darkrai and tobias stated that gible's draco meteor could have otko'd the rest of his team.
    you just know the writers are gonna pull the same BS with kalos as well, create an OP character to prevent ash from going up in the world then having him clear his team again & pikachu will be castrated again.
    because what better way to tell kids to achieve their dreams then making a MC who will NEVER achieve his?

Idk a few curses have been lifted already in XY. Ash not getting a grass starter, his water starter evolving, girl getting a full on new look and past girl not appearing. Though Iris could appear at any time though I would prefer Cilan myself and feel he would fit the whole Kalos vibe very well. Plus he would fit with the group well over Iris doing what she did to Dawn to Serena. I am hoping he wins and we get a time skip having the Gen 7 kid his and Serena's daughter (Yes I want a female doing gyms in the anime since I am tired of the whole sexist males doing gyms and females doing contests) thing. Plus apparently the guy in charge has been hinting at changes in the anime on Japanese sites for some time. I love Ash don't get me wrong but want a new lead for two reasons 1.Would just be fresh and pull a GX 2.It would shut up a lot of the annoying fans who bash the anime yet don't watch anything past Johto.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I had debated for the past several months on whether I should bring this up or not, due to the sensitivity of the issue. Is it possible that after the terrorist attacks in Paris last year, they went back to edit some content in the game(s)? I'm wondering if they had planned to have something big happen in Lumoise as part of the story climax, and Lumoise is obviously the Pokemon equivelant to Paris.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Wait, what? Why would Pikachu turn into a Raikou type thing? Forms and Mega Evolution have always been reserved for final stage evolutions like Charizard, not counting the Pokemon that don't evolve. Why would Pikachu get a form when it's not fully evolved, and Raichu not get anything despite being the final stage? Greninja makes sense at least because it's fully evolved, though it doesn't make much sense from the anime's point of view.

As for your second question, probably. They seem to be releasing new Mega Evolutions for starters with each installment, so we'll likely see more starters.

I had debated for the past several months on whether I should bring this up or not, due to the sensitivity of the issue. Is it possible that after the terrorist attacks in Paris last year, they went back to edit some content in the game(s)? I'm wondering if they had planned to have something big happen in Lumoise as part of the story climax, and Lumoise is obviously the Pokemon equivelant to Paris.
    It's certainly possible, especially if they were planning for Team Flare or some other team to attack Lumoise directly. To be honest I'd hate that if they censored it because of the attacks in Paris. I get the "it being too soon" bit but you're essentially letting terrorists dictate what you put in your game.

Years
    I mentioned to a friend on here about that possibility. The anime obviously is impacted by real life events such as the earthquake causing them to cancel the Castelia Plasma versus Rocket episodes, but their impact on the games is less obvious so who knows. Kind of odd, but during the attacks in Paris, Kyushu had an earthquake and Mt. Chimney's real life counterpart was sending out smoke...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back