• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I'm waiting for the day that GameFreak gets tired of the linear gym format and lets the player battle the gym leaders in whatever order they want to. The gyms' trainers could advance levels with the player to keep things challenging.

Kinda like how Kanto worked in GSC only throughout the whole game.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I sure hope they do. Leaving that stuff unexplained will drive people nuts. I feel that the Power Plant is related to Volcanion though.

Yeah, some of the stuff like that is probably reserved for future events; I just wish that we knew more about them.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd love a prequel set in the days of AZ as king, but I feel GF won't go that route.

This has already been discussed like so:

Hm... Maybe instead of a third version or sequel they'll work on a prequel? As I said earlier there is a boatload of lore concerning Kalos that hasn't been explored yet, and a prequel would be the perfect way to go about it.

I don't know…Sina and Dexio have rather bland character designs in X and Y, and they'd most likely be the protagonists of such a pair of prequel games because of how Dexio says in these games that, "I'm Dexio. Two years ago, Professor Sycamore entrusted me with a Pokédex. You could call me a Pokémon-voyage veteran[,]" and Sina says that, "And we've been battling Fairy-type Pokémon against other types of Pokémon at Professor Sycamore's request. My name's Sina! …." I am, however, only basing my impressions of Sina and Dexia off of the playable character's first interaction with them since I haven't gotten much farther than that in Y (shame on me for paying more attention to Pokémon Battle Trozei and Yoshi's New Island!) I'm sure GameFreak could always change these characters' default clothes, and another pair of games set in Kalos would most likely have character customization available as an option since X and Y did, so maybe something along those lines would actually work out? I'd still like to see GameFreak patch X and Y both to bring it up to snuff with OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire and to fill in the many holes in these games' plot, though…

No not that recent. I was thinking further back, like around the time AZ was king. If it was just two years ago Lysandre would probably be the main villain, and he's just meh. I'd love to see more of ancient Kalos and just what took place.

I don't believe that GameFreak would intentionally create such a huge gap between the events of two pairs of Pokémon games in the franchise's main series's timeline/chronology. That's why I think that, if the company does make the next pair of games set in the Kalos region be set prior to the events of X and Y, then these games would, in all likelihood, have Sina and Dexio as their main protagonists and playable characters. It's not that I don't prefer the idea that GameFreak should make its next Pokémon games be set around the time that AZ was king; I just think that a story like that is much more likely to be relegated to a spin-off game (Pokémon Conquest 2, anybody?)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

GF sort of red-lined itself into no DLC for the generation with their comment about not wanting to do DLC.

Well, that kind of stinks!

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'd love a prequel set in the days of AZ as king, but I feel GF won't go that route.

I don't think they'll go farther back in the time line than Kanto (Gen I and Gen III)/Hoenn as the dex is said to have been made around that time. Unless they retcon it, which could be the case as Cynthia said she had a Pokedex at a young age in the Sinnoh games. Or perhaps they could have some stone slab or parchment/papyrus thing which lists the data of the Pokemon xD

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I don't think they'll go farther back in the time line than Kanto (Gen I and Gen III)/Hoenn as the dex is said to have been made around that time. Unless they retcon it, which could be the case as Cynthia said she had a Pokedex at a young age in the Sinnoh games. Or perhaps they could have some stone slab or parchment/papyrus thing which lists the data of the Pokemon xD

Kind of like the backup 'PokéDex' that Yellow used in Pokémon Adventures after she had to give Red's actual PokéDex back to him? That'd make sense, I suppose…

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Well if there were to be a sequel or 3rd game to the X and Y series, Id hope for it to go more into detail about Zygarde and the war of Kalos. I really want to know more about this war. If it's the same war Lt.Surge fought in.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Well if there were to be a sequel or 3rd game to the X and Y series, Id hope for it to go more into detail about Zygarde and the war of Kalos. I really want to know more about this war. If it's the same war Lt.Surge fought in.

I'm pretty sure that the war that AZ witnessed is not the same one as that in which Lieutenant Surge fought. The war which AZ remembers happened 3,000 years before the events of Generation VI, whereas the war in which Lt. Surge says he fought probably happened about one human generation before the events of Generations I and III.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Ah. Welp I guess it just going more in to Kalos' War and Zygarde then xD

Years
You mean Greninja'd (or is it Ninjask'd or Nincada'd?), I noticed as soon as it posted xD

Anyways I thought of this interesting idea while in Geology class (not a coincidence as the mention of axis' in rock formations is what triggered me to think of Zygarde). What if there are two Z versions? One Z and the other Z2. One will take place in the past and the other in the future. That way both would be attractive to play.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years

The war AZ was involved in took place around roughly 3,000 years ago. Lt. Surge is an old geezer but he's not THAT old.

Years
Common sense would have you think of one third version game Pokemon Z with Zygarde as the mascot - I'll go with the common sense route but you never know what rabbit Game Freak will pull out of their hats.

BW2 had us thrown off of our "comfort zone," so to speak.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You mean Greninja'd (or is it Ninjask'd or Nincada'd?), I noticed as soon as it posted xD

Anyways I thought of this interesting idea while in Geology class (not a coincidence as the mention of axis' in rock formations is what triggered me to think of Zygarde). What if there are two Z versions? One Z and the other Z2. One will take place in the past and the other in the future. That way both would be attractive to play.

That sounds to be pretty interesting; we've never seen them release distinct pair of handheld games link this before, so it should be a nice change of pace, I believe. Just wonder, will their storyline be the same, however, or are they going to be separate?

Years
That sounds to be pretty interesting; we've never seen them release distinct pair of handheld games link this before, so it should be a nice change of pace, I believe. Just wonder, will their storyline be the same, however, or are they going to be separate?
I was thinking separate. In a way it'll be like the parallel Opelucid's, except their events will be in the same time universe and their story lines would be different, more so that RS versus Emerald.

Waru

ワールエルハート
Years
What I'm interested in seeing in "Z" is a better grasp at the story GF was trying to exhibit in X/Y.

They took an aesthetic and beauty-oriented approach with this generation (which I wholeheartedly appreciate), and I'd love to see a bigger emphasis on it. The story quite mediocre in X/Y, but I feel this is simply because GF was testing the waters for the sequel game.

I want to know more about Zygarde's role and AZ (if the story permits, at least). I also noticed with that small song/poem in X/Y's credits, they talk about some really deep life-oriented concepts. It would be nice if they closely integrated that with Zygarde's theme or role in the sequel (if Zygarde is emphasized on), since Zygarde "monitors the ecosystem". I'm personally predicting that the sequel will involve a group of bad people, or a particular individual who is directly trying to threaten the ecosystem (this is really vague, but I'll let the sequel explain this, when the time comes...if I'm not mistaken, that is) which would inevitably provoke Zygarde in some way.

The details accompanying a story like this, I can't really think about what they'd discuss or talk about. Maybe the war that AZ talked about in X/Y? But, that would seem sort of repetitive since Lysandre, in X/Y, exhibited plans to revive similar incidents of that war, to gain full power and control.

I don't know. I can't say I can be very confident with what I think the sequel would be about. With this new generation in mind, GF has thrown a lot of new things at us. Who knows if there's something new that awaits us, like some kind of new form or new mechanic, or whatever.

Last edited:

Years
I am thinking that Zygarde may get a forme or two. Previously I thought about it getting Megas, but considering how a certain legendary was discovered to have a forme in ORAS then formes are still an option for this generation's legends.

Building on my earlier idea about two Z versions. Perhaps Z1 if made could have Primal Zygarde and Z2 could have Mega Zygarde. Maybe it's Megas will have higher Bst boosts than the usual Megas, allow it to get a boost of at least 180 (to match possible Xerneas and Yvetal Megas/Primals in the future).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
From PCF > Current[-]Generation Pokémon Gaming > [OmegaRuby] and [AlphaSapphire] > (DCC) Confirmed Information Discussion:

But has it been confirmed that an event item is required to unlokc this post-game episode?

They haven't said anything about it being an event, but if it were then I'd think they would have said something by now. Plus, with everything they've said about it so far it sounds like way to big of a deal (particularly the 'making the mysteries of Mega Evolution clear at long last' part) for them to lock it behind an event. If anything, Deoxys might show up but we'll still need the Birth Island event to actually catch it.

Also, while going through the new info added to the website I noticed a screenshot where Zinnia (who is apparently friendly with the player character from the start and isn't anywhere near as "edgy" as people seemed to be thinking) said something about ideals and truth......UNOVA CONFIRMED???????? I'm sorry I'm joking you all can stop glaring now

Yes, but you're overlooking that Zinnia's name starts with a Z. That one picture shows her bathed in green light, with Rayquaza overhead. Rayquaza, a green dragon. You know what other green dragon has a name that starts with Z?

Pokémon Z confirmed.

don't kill me please

What do you guys think about this? I think it's an interesting teaser, if nothing else, but could it actually be something substantial?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back